- Ford Recalls 2013 Ford Escape SUV, Cites Improperly Installed Part, Third Recall On Redesigned Escape [PHOTO]
September 05 2012 2:37 PM
Ford Motor Co. has issued the third recall for its redesigned 2013 Ford Escape SUV on Wednesday. The Michigan based company cited an improperly installed part that could lead to a risk of fire on the SUV that went on sale in June.
- US Car Sales Indicate Economic Recovery in August
September 04 2012 5:30 PM
Global carmakers reported robust sales growth in August, indicating improving consumer sentiment and demand by small businesses and contractors. Companies including Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) all reported major gains.
- US August Car Sales - Live Blog: Will Buyers' Love Of Trucks Trump Economic Fears?
September 04 2012 9:54 AM
Global automakers report August U.S. car sales, Tuesday. Follow the blog for the latest updates from Chrysler, Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM).
- Lamborghini Seeks Reinvention With Urus and Gallardo Successor
August 31 2012 11:38 AM
Lamborghini, a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW), may seek to reinvent itself as it plans a successor to the popular Gallardo and works to bring the Urus SUV concept to market.
- How To Drive Through Streets Flooded By Isaac And Why You Shouldn't
August 30 2012 12:18 PM
Flooded roads in the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac may pose a danger to drivers, but there are certain precautions they can take to ensure their safety in wet-weather driving conditions.
- Japan's Poop-Powered, Three-Wheeled Motorcycle Leaves Tracks Across Country
August 30 2012 6:15 AM
Japanese toilet company Toto Ltd. (Tokyo: 5332) debuted a poop-powered motorcycle, the Toilet Bike Neo, this week and toured it around the country.
- General Motors Courts Russian Market At Moscow Auto Show and With $1B Investment
August 29 2012 11:26 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) holding the European debuts of three vehicles at the Moscow International Motor Show on Wednesday, and a key member of the company's Russian management confirmed a $1 billion investment.
- Ford Brings Lincoln To China To Resist Cadillac's Onslaught
August 28 2012 12:08 PM
Ford's Lincoln brand hasn't done well in the U.S. but the nation's No. 2 automaker aims for better luck in China where archrival GM gets a big share of the luxury car market with its Cadillac line.
- Global Car Companies Hunt Big Game In Africa's Growing Automotive Market
August 25 2012 2:07 PM
Global automakers from Renault SA (Paris: RNO) to Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) to Chinese companies like Geely Automotive are all racing to get a piece of the long-term potential promised by Africa's burgeoning automotive market. The continent's economy is on the rise, and despite very real improvements in the quality of life and standards of living in many African countries, risks for multinational manufacturers remain.
- C7 Corvette Video Shows What The 2014 Model May Look Like When It Hits Showrooms
August 22 2012 5:39 PM
A new video offers the clearest view yet of what the 2014 C7 Corvette will likely look like, as it takes all the information, photographs, renderings and rumors about the C7, and combines it into one short video complete with renderings based on an animation firm's hypotheses about its appearance.
- Colombian Hunger Strikers Sew Mouths Shut To Protest Firing By General Motors
August 21 2012 5:20 PM
Thirteen former employees of General Motors' Colombian subsidiary are in the fourth week of a hunger strike outside of the U.S. Embassy in Bogota. They say GM fired them when they were injured on the job and has not provided medical care or pensions.
- Fisker On Death?s Door? Big Recall, Exec Shuffling, Money Woes For Electric Carmaker
August 21 2012 11:38 AM
Fisker Automotive Inc. is in a bad place right now, running out of money, recalling its hybrid-electric Karma luxury cars because they burst into flames and shuffling around executives faster than a losing team substitutes pitchers; it's hard to find a bright patch for the company that isn't on fire.
- 'Tailgating For Billionaires' A The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance And Monterey Car Week
August 21 2012 5:53 AM
This past weekend's Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance and the Monterey Car Week brought out the world's top classic car collectors like Jay Leno, auction houses like RM Auctions and Gooding & Co. and luxury brands from Rolls-Royce to Ferrari to Lamborghini for a week of cars, money and society along California's Pacific coastline.
- Rolls-Royce Doubles Down at Pebble Beach With Phantom Coupe Aviator, 2013 Ghost
August 20 2012 2:34 PM
Rolls-Royce doubled down and unveiled both its Phantom Coupe Aviator and 2013 Ghost at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance and Quail car show.
- A Motorized Unicycle? The RYNO Motors Microcycle May Be Future Of Urban Transit [HOLD, see question]
August 17 2012 7:11 AM
In a world where personal and urban mobility is dominated by the bland dorkiness of the Segway, a 13 year old girl and her inventor father are hoping the RYNO Motors microcycle, a motorized unicycle, will revolutionize how mall cops, Arab sheiks and Hollywood's flush rising stars travel.
- 5 Cars Julian Assange Could Use to Ditch Ecuador's UK Embassy, If They Were Real
August 16 2012 10:40 AM
There are five fictional cars that would aid Julian Assange's escape from the Ecuadorian embassy if they were real. Assange is hoping to gain asylum in Ecuador to avoid extradition by the U.K. to Sweden on allegations of sex-crimes.
- Fate Of Canadian Auto Manufacturing Hangs On CAW-Detroit Negotiations
August 16 2012 6:21 AM
The Canadian Auto Workers and the Detroit Three, General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) and Chrysler Group LLC, began preliminary contract negotiations on Tuesday, and the fate of Canadian auto manufacturing may hang on the talks.
- Kia Roars Into Motorsports With Forte Koup, Optima And Unexpected Success
August 15 2012 6:22 AM
The South Korean car manufacturer Kia has become an unexpected success with its Forte Koup and Optima cars on the Grand Am and Pirelli World Challenge racing circuits.
- Auto Bailout To Cost Extra $3.4B
August 14 2012 11:04 AM
The cost of the 2009 bailout of the U.S. automotive industry by the federal government will cost the country $3.4 billion more than was previously estimated, reports said Tuesday.
- US Manufacturing Jobs Will Grow As Japan's Carmakers Move Capacity To North America
August 14 2012 6:20 AM
Amid constant political caterwauling about the demise of American manufacturing, Japanese automakers like Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) and Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) are gradually bringing manufacturing jobs to North America by building new factories and adding extra shifts to meet resurgent demand in the U.S. automotive market.