- US New Car Sales Are Back, Autoworker Jobs Are Not
May 29 2014 4:21 PM
The strong car-buying pace shows consumers are more financially confident than they’ve been in years, but all is not well for factory workers.
- 8 States Where Buying An Electric Car May Get Easier
May 29 2014 8:06 AM
States representing more than one quarter of U.S. car sales are stepping up promotions of cleaner cars.
- GM Engineer 'Upset' About Faulty Ignition Switches
May 29 2014 5:24 AM
The engineer was reportedly grilled for about 10 hours earlier in May about his role in the controversy that has led to record vehicle recalls.
- Dude, Where's My Steering Wheel, Accelerator And Brake?
May 28 2014 4:00 AM
Google's car comes with sensors that remove blind spots and detect objects from a distance of more than two football fields in all directions.
- GM Recall: Canada Probes Fatalities
May 27 2014 9:19 AM
Canada confirms it is examining two fatal accidents in cars subject to the GM ignition switch recall.
- Chevy Malibu Tops GM's Most-Recalled List
May 23 2014 10:48 AM
The 2009 model alone has been recalled on five separate occasions.
- Benz Dares Make A 4-Cylinder AMG [VIDEO]
May 23 2014 9:43 AM
Now, Mercedes-Benz has given their new “entry-level” luxury car the AMG treatment. But it’s not exactly a working-class hero.
- Meet The New GM, Same As The Old GM
May 21 2014 4:18 PM
North America’s largest automaker had a terrible year in 2004. This year is already worse.
- In California, A Hybrid-Car 'Arms Race' Is Brewing
May 18 2014 10:44 AM
For two years running, Toyota’s Prius has been the top-selling car in the largest U.S. market. Honda just knocked it off that perch.
- Tesla's Growing Pains A Test For Founder Elon Musk
May 17 2014 10:04 AM
A burgeoning workforce at the company belies its daunting challenges, while one analyst counsels ditching the auto business.
- GM To Pay $35M Maximum Penalty
May 16 2014 11:18 AM
The automaker also agreed to "unprecedented oversight requirements" after faulty ignition recalls.
- 'Major Announcement' Coming On GM's Handling Of Recalls
May 16 2014 10:55 AM
U.S. agencies are investigating the timing of the automaker's recall over the faulty switches, which have been linked to at least 13 deaths.
- Tesla Speeds Past Rivals, Becomes California's Top Auto Employer
May 16 2014 9:49 AM
The maker of the luxury Model S electric car has upped hiring by about 13 percent in its home state.
- Toyota Sees Drop In 2015 Net Profit
May 08 2014 10:52 AM
Looking at its first fall in three years, the automaker will invest more in research and development and better employee training.
- What’s At Stake For American Companies In Russia?
May 06 2014 8:20 PM
As a key high-level economic forum in Russia draws closer, American companies are weighing their stakes in the country. Here's a list of what they're dealing with.
- Fiat Chrysler Expected To Revamp Alfa Romeo
May 06 2014 7:27 AM
This will be the third such plan for Fiat Chrysler in eight years; similar plans in 2006 and 2010 failed to achieve their goals.
- Ford Down, Nissan Up: US Consumers Bought 1.38 Million Cars Last Month
May 01 2014 10:55 PM
Deliveries were up 8% from April 2013 but down 10% from March. Consumers flocked to SUVs and trucks.
- GM Sales 'Spring Ahead' In April
May 01 2014 8:40 AM
Buick and GMC sales rose at a double-digit rate - their highest April sales total in more than four years.
- High-Stakes Toyota vs. Union Battle Heats Up In Canada
April 29 2014 1:05 PM
Toyota says that union cards are not verifiable and should have been signed no longer than six months ago.
- Why Automakers Are Selling More Cars In The US
April 29 2014 5:53 AM
The world’s "Big 8" automakers grew U.S. new-auto sales on the back of discounts and rebates.