- China On A Roll Recalling (Foreign-Branded) Cars
August 28 2013 6:05 AM
At least four foreign automakers have been hit with recalls in China this month. The government says safety is the goal.
- Tesla’s Current Big Challenge: Chinese Red Tape
August 28 2013 5:56 AM
Tesla’s efforts to enter China, the world’s largest auto market, is still facing some bureaucratic speed bumps.
- Global Auto Sales Data: China And Brazil Are Outpacing Russia And India
August 26 2013 3:33 PM
In 2010-2012, BRIC auto sales growth was 11.8 percent. Projections from 2013 to 2015 see growth slowing.
- Detroit Electric’s SP:01 (‘The Other Tesla Roadster’) Misses Production Deadline
August 26 2013 11:19 AM
The revived electric car maker has put its factory on hold as it engages in "negotiations."
- Mercedes Not Amused By Viral Spoof Ad Of A Young Hitler Being Run Over By A C-Class
August 25 2013 3:39 PM
A spoof of a Mercedes-Benz car commercial showing a young Adolf Hitler getting run over by a C-Class went viral over the weekend. Watch the spoof commercial spot here.
- Is Google Building Its Own Fleet Of Driverless Cars?
August 24 2013 10:43 PM
A new report indicates Google may be in talks with contract manufacturers to build its own self-driving cars.
- 5 Ways Tesla Could Become A Mainstream Automaker
August 24 2013 10:42 AM
Musk says he's tired, but making Tesla the automotive version of Apple isn't getting easier.
- Gordon Murray’s City Car Concept Sold To Undeclared Buyer
August 23 2013 2:23 PM
Gordon Murray says an undisclosed buyer has purchased his proof-of-design T.25 and T.27 (electric) city cars.
- US Auto Sales Preview For August: Best Month Since 2007
August 23 2013 11:36 AM
American car buyers are careening toward the strongest auto sales cycle since before the Great Recession.
- Google Working On Self-Driving Car
August 22 2013 4:19 PM
Google will team with German auto parts manufacturer Continental AG and IBM for a self-driving car project, a German newspaper reports.
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Heads To Frankfurt Motor Show
August 22 2013 2:57 PM
Joining the trinity of American pony cars is a convertible version of this high-speed classic.
- BMW Unveils Concept X5 Plug-in Hybrid Ahead Of Frankfurt Motor Show
August 22 2013 12:20 PM
With the Frankfurt auto show a month away, BMW shows off a concept plug-in hybrid version of its X5 SUV.
- Abenomics Is Lowering Auto Parts Prices In US
August 21 2013 4:04 PM
Price inflation in the auto market is slowing. You can thank Japan for that.
- Americans, Hate Shoveling Money At Your Car? You Would Love Oregon
August 21 2013 12:01 PM
It costs an average $3,201 a year to own a car. In Georgia it costs $4,233, and almost half of that is taxes and fees.
- New Electric Car Folds Itself In Half To Park
August 21 2013 12:08 AM
The Armadillo-T, created by engineers at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, folds itself completely in half when parking.
- Tesla Model S Might Be Safest Car Ever Made
August 20 2013 8:20 PM
The Model S electric car received a better than perfect rating from the NHTSA.
- GM Wants A Bigger Jolt From Chevy Volt Battery
August 20 2013 1:13 PM
If GM CEO Dan Akerson has his way, the next Chevrolet Volt will see its MPGe break 100.
- Here Are Other Companies Tesla’s ‘Trademark Troll’ Tried To Claim
August 20 2013 6:11 AM
Zhan Baosheng tried to claim the trademarks of at least three other companies since 2006.
- Toyota Revs Up 2014 US Sales Estimate, Again
August 19 2013 12:32 PM
Toyota has been bearish on 2013 U.S. auto sales compared to its competition’s relatively optimistic estimates. Not anymore.
- Strike Halts South Africa’s Auto Manufacturing
August 19 2013 9:52 AM
Workers are seeking a 14% pay hike. Car companies are holding firm at 6%. The gap has halted auto production.