- JLR Gives New Meaning To The Phrase, 'Eyes On The Road'
April 10 2014 1:10 AM
The technology provides full visibility of what is underneath and in front of the car.
- Toyota To Recall Nearly 6.6 Million Vehicles Worldwide
April 09 2014 1:42 AM
The recall tally was preliminary and subject to review until a formal announcement is made in Japan later on Wednesday.
- Ford Recalls 2001-2004 Escapes Over Rusting Problem
April 07 2014 6:29 PM
Rusting may cause parts to separate and impair steering control.
- GM Ignition Switch Case Could Lead To Criminal Charge
April 06 2014 10:43 PM
U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill led a blistering round of questioning of GM CEO Mary Barra last week.
- Toyota India's Employee Strike Continues
April 05 2014 10:39 AM
Out of 4,200 employees on strike, only 300 have resumed work after signing an agreement with the management.
- EU, Leading Manufacturers And Agencies Sign Plan To Make Hydrogen Cars Viable
April 03 2014 8:17 AM
Leading auto manufacturers, hydrogen fuel suppliers and energy consultancies are launching a fleet of hydrogen cars across Europe.
- Penny-Pinching GM's $1 Mistake
April 02 2014 4:53 AM
Colorado Congresswoman Diana DeGette cited a 2005 GM document, which she said showed a cost of 57 cents to fix each defective switch.
- Beamers First To Get Super-Brights
April 01 2014 8:06 PM
BMW will be the first car manufacturer to offer laser headlight technology, which it says is 30 percent brighter than LED bulbs.
- March US Sales Put Spring In Automakers' Step
April 01 2014 4:52 PM
Most industry watchers expected the end to a harsh winter to boost sales last month. But not by this much.
- 'We Don't Trust The Company Right Now'
April 01 2014 3:26 PM
Congressmen grilled GM CEO Mary Barra and NHTSA chief David Friedman about the ignition switch recall for 2 million vehicles.
- Here Comes A 'Good Kind Of Trouble': Nissan Sales Soar With Rogue SUV
April 01 2014 8:46 AM
Small crossovers like the Rogue have been the fastest-growing segment, recently reaching an 18 percent market share.
- GM CEO Firefights As Automaker Recalls More Vehicles
March 31 2014 11:33 PM
The automaker Monday announced another major recall, this time related to power steering problems.
- After Tennessee Failure, Auto Unions Bid For Canada
March 31 2014 8:30 PM
Canadian workers could turn three Toyota factories in union workshops, which could embolden the UAW in the U.S.
- Will March Be The Comeback Month For US Auto Sales?
March 31 2014 9:24 AM
New-vehicle deliveries were hit by harsh winter weather. Here's what analysts expect for the arrival of spring.
- General Motors Recalls 971,000 More Vehicles
March 29 2014 11:49 AM
The company faces a federal probe on why it did not respond sooner to complaints.
- Tesla Model S Fires Are Not A Safety Concern: Feds
March 28 2014 11:01 AM
Tesla Motors has been vindicated; the U.S. government has closed an investigation into Model S fire safety.
- Is ‘New GM’ Fully Protected From The Sins Of ‘Old GM'?
March 21 2014 2:48 PM
GM’s 2009 reorganization exempts it from earlier legal liabilities linked to its defective ignition switch. Unless it doesn’t.
- Here's Arizona's Pitch For Tesla
March 20 2014 10:37 AM
A state senate committee is working on a bill that would help electric car automakers. Will traditional dealerships protest?
- Why Toyota Agreed To Settle For $1.2B To End US Probe
March 19 2014 3:30 AM
Since 2009, Toyota recalls have affected more than 14 million vehicles worldwide.
- GM Recalls Another 1.5 Million Vehicles
March 18 2014 7:23 AM
The recall follows one in February when the company called in 1.6 million vehicles, triggering a federal investigation.