- No, Ferrari Isn’t Losing Its Chief To Alitalia
June 19 2014 9:24 AM
The Italian press has been drumming up rumors that the longtime Ferrari man would break to the airline industry.
- Ignition Switch Problems … In Chrysler’s Cars?
June 18 2014 2:57 PM
More than 1.2 million Fiat Chrysler vehicles could have the same ignition switch problem GM has been grappling with.
- GM CEO Heads Back To Capitol Hill
June 18 2014 9:50 AM
Mary Barra heads back to D.C., this time to face House members armed with more details about the ignition switch debacle.
- GM To Start Compensating Ignition Switch Victims: CEO Barra
June 17 2014 5:45 PM
In prepared testimony to be delivered to the House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee, Barra also will say that Kenneth Feinberg, who is overseeing the creation of a compensation fund, will have "full authority to establish eligibility criteria for victims and determine compensation levels."
- Public Should Know What Mechanics Know, Say Car Safety Advocates
June 17 2014 11:43 AM
Right now, you have to pay to know what automakers are telling mechanics and the government about car defects.
- Volvo To Make China An Export Hub
June 17 2014 3:43 AM
Geely's strategy for Volvo is being closely watched as a possible model for other Chinese companies.
- GM Recalls 3M More Cars Over Ignition Switch Issues
June 16 2014 5:14 PM
The switch issue is similar to the defect linked to at least 13 deaths in an earlier, 2.6-million vehicle recall of Chevrolet Cobalts and other small cars.
- Bentley’s First SUV Looks Different As Release Date Nears
June 16 2014 1:07 PM
German auto spies have captured the most revealing photo of the 2016 Bentley EXP 9 F SUV.
- In Search Of One Electric Car Standard
June 16 2014 11:31 AM
Like mobile gadgets, electric vehicle brands have different charging adapters. Top electric car manufacturers want to change that.
- Another Airbag-Related Recall Puts Company In Crosshairs
June 16 2014 9:34 AM
Automaker says it could follow Toyota in recalling cars to check airbags made by company involved in antitrust shenanigans.
- Now GM Has An Ignition Switch Problem With Its Camaro
June 13 2014 3:12 PM
General Motors has another ignition switch problem, but insists it's not as big of a deal as the other one.
- Tesla Releases Patents to Electric Car Competitors
June 13 2014 10:54 AM
Elon Musk, the head of Tesla Motors Inc., says the electric vehicle company has opened up all of its patents in a move to spur more competition.
- Japanese Supplier May Have Distributed A Lot Of Faulty Air Bags
June 12 2014 10:40 AM
U.S. safety agency wants to know how many more cars in the industry have air bags installed that are prone to rupture.
- Mitsubishi Motors Recalls 920,000 Vehicles Over Light Switch Glitch
June 12 2014 6:22 AM
No accidents or injuries have been reported as a result of the glitch, Mitsubishi said.
- 15 Employees Fired In GM Switch Purge
June 10 2014 12:48 AM
An internal report picked out the company's legal team for its inaction, although General Counsel Michael Millikin kept his job.
- Why GM Sales Are Still Strong Despite Recall Scandal
June 05 2014 7:46 PM
GM reported its highest monthly sales in May in over six years.
- GM Won't Compensate Every Ignition Switch Death
June 05 2014 2:59 PM
The automaker says it will pay some victims of its faulty ignition switch, but for those injured before June 9, 2009? It's complicated.
- GM: 'No One Took Responsibility'
June 05 2014 9:32 AM
General Motors CEO Mary Barra blames underlings for keeping vital information from executives related to fatal ignition switch flaw.
- GM To Clear Top Brass In Recall Controversy: Report
June 05 2014 2:33 AM
CEO Mary Barra is expected to present the findings of the investigation on Thursday.
- Tesla Will Name Battery 'Gigafactory' Site By End Of Year
June 04 2014 10:52 AM
The factory could cost as much as $5 billion to build, employ up to 6,500 people in three states and cut battery costs by 30 percent.