- Tesla Model S Fires Are Not A Safety Concern: Feds
March 28 2014 11:01 AM
Tesla Motors has been vindicated; the U.S. government has closed an investigation into Model S fire safety.
- Is ‘New GM’ Fully Protected From The Sins Of ‘Old GM'?
March 21 2014 2:48 PM
GM’s 2009 reorganization exempts it from earlier legal liabilities linked to its defective ignition switch. Unless it doesn’t.
- Here's Arizona's Pitch For Tesla
March 20 2014 10:37 AM
A state senate committee is working on a bill that would help electric car automakers. Will traditional dealerships protest?
- Why Toyota Agreed To Settle For $1.2B To End US Probe
March 19 2014 3:30 AM
Since 2009, Toyota recalls have affected more than 14 million vehicles worldwide.
- GM Recalls Another 1.5 Million Vehicles
March 18 2014 7:23 AM
The recall follows one in February when the company called in 1.6 million vehicles, triggering a federal investigation.
- Honda Recalls Minivans For Fuel-Pump Issue
March 15 2014 7:28 PM
Honda has issued a recall on 90,000 Odyssey minivans from model years 2005-2010.
- Class-Action Lawsuit Brings More Trouble to GM
March 14 2014 10:56 PM
GM offer to customers may mitigate the company's liability.
- Could GM’s Faulty Ignition Switch Be In Your Local Parts Store?
March 14 2014 6:36 PM
The way GM handled its faulty ignition switch means consumers can't be sure the parts they buy aren't also flawed.
- How A Small Shop Mechanic Helped Trigger A Large GM Recall
March 12 2014 2:28 PM
It took a Georgia nurse’s death, a Mississippi mechanic’s precision, and a team of Florida forensic engineers to produce these images.
- Why The US DoJ Is Investigating GM On Vehicle Recalls
March 12 2014 2:27 AM
GM reportedly admitted last month that it knew of problems with ignition switches but did not move quickly enough to fix them.
- Why The US House Is Probing GM Recall
March 11 2014 8:00 AM
A congressional committee said it would investigate the automaker's response to a defect that first came to light a decade ago.
- Is ‘New’ GM Responsible For What ‘Old’ GM Did?
March 10 2014 2:53 PM
General Motors Co. is only 4 years old. So who's responsible for the ignition issues dating back to 2004?
- Why Ford's China Sales Uptrend Doesn't Tell The Whole Story
March 06 2014 9:35 AM
Ford is working hard to become a significant presence in China, where it surpassed Honda and Toyota in sales volume last year.
- Your 'iCar' - Apple CarPlay Integrates iPhone
March 05 2014 2:54 PM
Apple is trying to reduce its impact on U.S. DOT distracted-driving statistics by introducing an iOS integration called CarPlay.
- Why Chinese Automakers Are Eyeing Thailand And Other Emerging Markets
March 04 2014 5:41 AM
To keep up growth, Chinese makers are forced to venture out of the domestic market.
- February US Auto Sales Frozen, Waiting For Spring
March 03 2014 6:16 PM
Sales for the month just ended missed analysts' forecasts thanks to what has been in the weather forecast.
- Apple's iOS On Your Car Dashboard?
March 03 2014 11:00 AM
Apple has unveiled its new way to integrate iOS with the car dashboard, which it calls CarPlay.
- The Reasons India Will Investigate Rolls-Royce Defense Deal
March 03 2014 7:15 AM
Rolls-Royce has forecast a fall in profits, after a decade of growth, as the U.S. and Europe cut back on defense spending.
- Automakers In India: In For The Long Haul [PHOTOS]
February 28 2014 5:10 PM
Automakers in India are hoping for better times while working hard to launch the next blockbuster product.
- Just Who Is Buying Plug-In Electric Cars?
February 28 2014 12:25 PM
A new poll shows a correlation between the model of plug-in electric car and the motivation for choosing it.