- Scientists Developing New Materials For Manufacturers [PHOTOS]
April 23 2013 7:08 AM
Scientists and engineers are developing materials manufacturers can use to make energy efficient, environmentally friendly goods.
- Foxconn Gets Five Million iPhones Returned
April 22 2013 2:34 PM
Foxconn, after recent years' work condition scandals, has suffered another setback.
- FAA Clears Boeing's 787 Dreamliners For Return To Service
April 19 2013 5:48 PM
Federal inspectors will closely oversee installations and tests of new battery safety features.
- Caterpillar Earnings Preview: Construction Giant Hit Hard By China Slowdown
April 19 2013 8:34 AM
Analysts expect a 40 percent drop in the company's profit as demand for mining equipment falls dramatically in Q1.
- Japanese, US Automakers In Major Global Auto Recall
April 11 2013 8:56 AM
Four major Japanese automakers, and Chrysler, recalled 3.4 million cars owing to faulty airbags and incorrect warning light signals.
- Caterpillar To Lay Off 460 Workers At Illinois Plant
April 05 2013 6:46 PM
The world's largest mining equipment manufacturer aims to bring production in line with decreased demand.
- Boeing Completed Crucial Certification Test Flight [VIDEO]
April 05 2013 5:27 PM
The 787's test-flight data will help federal regulators evaluate the performance of the company's new battery design.
- Is The Yen Likely To Fall Further?
March 29 2013 6:39 AM
Ford and Kia officials charge that the yen's low value benefits Japan's carmakers.
- China's Economy Showing More Signs Of Rebound
March 27 2013 11:42 PM
China's industrial profits saw a fifth consecutive month of double-digit growth after eight months of steep falls last year.
- Don't Get Too Excited About US Manufacturing, Warns Goldman Sachs
March 26 2013 11:04 AM
U.S. manufacturing looks good but only in comparison to manufacturing in other parts of the world, Goldman Sachs says.
- US Core Durable Goods Orders Down In March
March 26 2013 10:05 AM
The actual number of durable goods orders this month disappointed analysts and shows slowdown in activity.
- Boeing To Ax As Many As 2,300 Jobs This Year
March 23 2013 11:26 AM
Boeing expects job cuts and attrition will reduce its workforce by as much as 2,300 positions in 2013.
- Phinergy Battery Can Go 1,000 Miles Before Charge
March 22 2013 5:00 PM
The privately held company, aiming to have an electric vehicle available by 2017, has landed a contract with the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
- AstraZeneca To Cut 5,000 Jobs On Dismal Main Drug Sales
March 21 2013 4:54 PM
AstraZeneca's CEO announced the drastic move -- a roughly 10% workforce reduction -- in a meeting with investors.
- US Factory Output May Slide In March, Europe Worse
March 21 2013 11:14 AM
The U.S. manufacturing sector is performing at the 54.9 level - a level that can be interpreted in many ways.
- US Manufacturing: Strongest When Expanding At Home And Abroad
March 21 2013 6:14 AM
New research shows that the U.S. manufacturing industry performs best with multiple production centers for several reasons.
- CAT Sales Decline On Weak Mining Demand
March 20 2013 3:34 PM
Results from the Asia-Pacific region were hit particularly hard - plunging 26%.
- The China Upper Class's Taste For European Luxury Goods
March 20 2013 5:53 AM
Europe's luxury goods sales are expected to grow mostly due to purchases from emerging markets.
- Nike To Adopt Advanced Tools That Target Harmful Substances
March 19 2013 3:43 PM
Innovative tools will give Nike's suppliers access to worldwide standards data fast.
- Adding Plants, Dow Chemical Likes US Gulf Coast
March 18 2013 4:58 PM
These facilities will manufacture materials for fast growing markets such as transportation and telecom.