- Is Japan Eyeing Myanmar As Next Bangladesh?
May 25 2013 1:07 PM
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is the first Japanese leader to visit Myanmar, formerly Burma, in 36 years.
- Bangladesh Factory Functioning With Cracks In Walls After Wal-Mart Ban
May 20 2013 1:32 PM
A Bangladeshi garment factory is continuing to produce Wrangler shirts despite being banned by Wal-Mart, according to a Reuters report.
- Chinese Citizens Push Back Against Chemical Plant
May 16 2013 8:08 AM
Hundreds of residents of Kunming, China, are protesting planned paraxylene production in their backyard.
- NY Fed Says Region's Manufacturing Down Sharply In May
May 15 2013 1:58 PM
The New York region's factories took a hit as stores scaled back inventories and prices for products declined.
- GoPro Captures One World Trade Center Spire Reaching Final Height
May 14 2013 11:43 AM
Cameras were all focused on One World Trade Center as it reached its final height. However, this video gives a unique breathtaking view from the spire itself.
- Is China’s Economy Cooling?
May 13 2013 7:18 AM
China industrial output came in at 9.3 percent, below forecast. April electricity production and retail consumption missed targets, too.
- India's Manufacturing Growing, But Not Fast Enough: Officials
May 10 2013 4:11 PM
Industrial production grew by 2.5 percent over last March, but the commerce department is concerned about the sector's volatility.
- 3D-Printed Gun Blueprints Offline After State Dept. Asks
May 10 2013 11:50 AM
The U.S. State Department expressed concern the file-sharing may have violated international regulations.
- India Car Sales: The Trend Is Not Good
May 10 2013 9:22 AM
The latest India auto sales statistics show a sixth consecutive monthly decline.
- Pressure's On: Wal-Mart, Sears Reject Paying Tazreen Victims Post-Bangladesh
May 08 2013 12:02 PM
As Western clothiers pay workers at the Bangladesh building collapse, will firms address calls to compensate victims of a similar tragedy?
- Germany's Economy - Expanding Or Flat-lining?
May 08 2013 10:47 AM
Output in the euro zone's best performing economy ended Q1 on a high note, but the gains aren't expected to last.
- Western Clothiers Refuse Bangladesh's Safety Initiatives
May 07 2013 4:39 PM
So far, retailers are not supporting a plan to help the factory workers of Bangladesh - site of a building collapse that killed more than 700.
- Caterpillar Shares Seen Rising In Q2
May 06 2013 1:39 PM
Analysts expect a revival for Caterpillar's products on sentiment that government stimulus will likely aid global economies in 2013.
- Caterpillar Axing Decatur Head Count By Another 300
May 04 2013 11:13 PM
Caterpillar Inc. announced it would slash the workforce at its plant in Decatur, Ill., for the second time in as many months.
- Disney Stops Merchandise Production In Bangladesh
May 03 2013 12:06 PM
The company, a large licenser, stopped branded production in Bangladesh after a series of fatal workplace safety disasters.
- 11 Incredible Innovations in 3D Bioprinting [PHOTOS]
May 01 2013 8:58 PM
Bioprinting has tremendous promise for doctors and patients and also opens doors to cosmetic surgery and food engineering innovations.
- Most Ground Turkey Contains Fecal Bacteria: Consumer Reports
May 01 2013 1:44 PM
A Consumer Reports study found that the majority of ground turkey available in the United States contained fecal bacteria and other antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains.
- Index Shows Continued US Factory-Sector Slowdown
May 01 2013 10:09 AM
U.S. manufacturing extended its yearlong growth decline in April, with a key indicator slipping more than anticipated.
- China's Manufacturing Hit By Falling Exports In April
May 01 2013 7:15 AM
China's manufacturers found less demand for their products last month so factories were less busy. Not a good sign.
- Bangladeshi Clothing Makers' Clients Deny Culpability For Building Collapse
April 29 2013 3:15 PM
Families and unions want answers on how much responsibility Western clothing brands have for Bangladeshi worker safety.