- Siemens Sheds 15,000 Jobs, Seeking To Save $8.11 Billion
September 29 2013 7:16 PM
The reduction in force at the Munich-based diversified-machinery firm will be in the area of 4.08 percent.
- Nissan Recalls 900K Vehicles Worldwide
September 26 2013 8:02 AM
The Japanese auto maker recalled five models for a flaw in a sensor, which could stall the engine.
- BAE Systems Uniquely Enjoys Strong Defense Outlook
September 25 2013 2:14 PM
Because of BAE Systems' Middle Eastern government clients, it likely will fare better than rivals vulnerable to cuts in U.S. military spending.
- Is 'Made In China' Ebbing?
September 24 2013 2:59 PM
Many U.S. firms are shifting manufacturing operations back to American soil, owing to China's rising wages.
- Why Russia Is Selling A 49% Stake In AK-47 Maker
September 24 2013 10:38 AM
Two private investors bring significant defense-industry expertise to the maker of one of the world’s most popular weapons.
- Platinum And Palladium Shine As Metals To Watch
September 24 2013 5:46 AM
Strong automobile maker demand should boost the 2 metals over the next year, as they stand to outperform other commodities.
- India's Ranbaxy Draws Regulators' Attention In Non-US Markets
September 23 2013 7:48 AM
Indian generic drugmaker Ranbaxy faces scrutiny from more regulators after the U.S. FDA imposed an import ban on its Indian plant.
- Euro Zone Manufacturing, Services Expand In September
September 23 2013 5:15 AM
The euro zone service sector saw the largest rise in activity since June 2011, while the manufacturing expansion rate slowed.
- How Brazil’s World Cup Protests Are Killing Caterpillar
September 20 2013 1:18 PM
Caterpillar was seeing negative retail sales in all markets except Latin America -- until now.
- Aircraft Engine War Not Over With Cancellation of Major Joint Venture
September 20 2013 10:56 AM
Competition in the commercial engine market will stay stiff, so long as Pratt & Whitney’s PurePower engine stays ahead in the engineering game.
- FDA Finds Fault With Indian Drugmaker Ranbaxy's Latest Facility
September 17 2013 4:15 AM
FDA banned import of drugs manufactured at Ranbaxy's newest Indian plant, dealing a blow to the generic major's comeback plans.
- Pebble Mine Partner Withdraws; Vast Project In Doubt
September 16 2013 6:30 PM
The London partner of a global mining partnership withdrew from a $4.6 billion Alaskan mine proposal, leaving the project’s future shaky.
- China Will Soon Have More Robots Than Any Other Nation
September 13 2013 12:22 PM
Japan is using robots in space, but China is about to claim a new title in the world of robotics.
- Syrian Concerns May Hike Middle East Military Spending
September 06 2013 3:46 PM
British giant BAE Systems and other defense suppliers that sell to Middle Eastern governments like Saudi Arabia stand to benefit strongly.
- The European Economic Rebound: Three Promising Trends
September 03 2013 11:14 AM
Strong manufacturing and air freight data are just some positive economic signs for Europe, alongside the U.K.’s slightly more robust recovery.
- Euro Zone, UK Continue Recovery In Manufacturing Sector
September 02 2013 6:38 AM
UK’s factory activity remained robust in August, while many euro zone nations, except France and Greece, posted growth.
- HSBC China Manufacturing PMI Signals Expansion For First Time In 4 Months
September 01 2013 9:58 PM
The HSBC China Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index rose to 50.1 in August from 47.7 in July.
- China’s Official Manufacturing PMI Rises To 51.0% In August From 50.3% In July
August 31 2013 9:49 PM
Activity in Chinese manufacturing sped up recently, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
- Predictions Vary On HSBC China Manufacturing PMI
August 31 2013 10:12 AM
Some analysts expect growth while others predict continued contraction in China’s factory activity in the HSBC-Markit PMI for August.
- 40% Of ANDAs Approved By FDA In H1 Filed By Indian Companies
August 29 2013 8:40 AM
Abbreviated New Drug Approvals, or ANDA, requests are submitted to FDA for its approval to manufacture and sell a generic drug in the U.S.