- ITW Chairman And CEO David B. Speer Dies At 61
November 18 2012 6:34 PM
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) Chairman and CEO David B. Speer died at the age of 61 after an illness, the company announced Sunday. He was 61.
- India To Post Slowest Growth In A Decade
November 12 2012 11:32 AM
The sharp slump in output will bolster calls for an interest rate cut from the Reserve Bank of India to perk up the economy.
- Boeing Revamps Defense Unit
November 07 2012 4:33 PM
The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) is shaking up its defense division in response to dwindling defense spending in the U.S.
- Pharma 3Q Roundup: Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Pfizer Hurt By Generic Competition
October 26 2012 12:49 PM
Pharmaceutical companies are still struggling with a steep "patent cliff," as multiple blockbusters lose their patent protections.
- Caterpillar Cuts 2012 Outlook, Weak Q3 Sales
October 22 2012 8:52 AM
Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) lowered its profit and revenue projection for 2012 on weaker-than-expected global economy.
- Caterpillar 3Q Preview: US Demand Lifts Profit
October 19 2012 9:44 AM
Caterpillar is expected to report higher third-quarter earnings Monday, despite a challenging economic environment.
- WTO Strikes Down China Tariff On US Steel
October 18 2012 7:47 PM
The World Trade Organization forbade China Thursday to impose duties on certain U.S. steel exports, in a case affecting Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- US Treasury Resists GM Plan For Government Stake Sale: WSJ
September 17 2012 2:31 PM
The U.S. Treasury Department is unwilling to sell the government's stake in General Motors Co because a sale now would mean huge investment losses, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people close to the matter.
- CAW Chooses Ford In Effort To Secure Pattern Contract
September 16 2012 11:11 PM
The Canadian Auto Workers, or CAW, will concentrate on the Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) as it attempts to negotiate a collective-bargaining agreement in the roughly 24 hours left before its fast-approaching strike deadline on Monday at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- 2013 Mazda CX-5 Review: The Little Engine That Could Use Some Spices
September 12 2012 6:13 AM
The 2013 Mazda CX-5 crossover is an example of utilitarian design and great gas mileage, but it will leave car enthusiasts a bit wanting in the speed and handling departments.
- South Africa Mining Strikes Spread
September 11 2012 11:39 AM
The world's second-largest platinum producer said striking South African miners are demanding another 8 to 10 percent pay hike like the one they received in April that ended a six-week strike.
- Volt A 'Technology Masterpiece,' Not A Loss-Leader: Bob Lutz, Former GM Exec
September 11 2012 11:04 AM
A former high-level General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) executive -- widely considered to be the godfather of the company's foray into electric-vehicle production --struck back Tuesday at the assertion the carmaker might be losing nearly $50,000 on each one of the signature Volt plug-in vehicles the firm has sold so far.
- EU Market For Cars Backfires As VW Cuts Sales Guidance
September 10 2012 3:47 PM
Volkswagen AG (PINK: VLKAY) cuts its internal European 2012 annual sales guidance by 150,000 vehicles, according to German news magazine Der Spiegel, Reuters reported.
- Why GM Actually Is Getting Its Money's Worth From The Chevy Volt
September 10 2012 12:18 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) may be losing money on the Chevy Volt at present, but the long-term benefits of early R&D in electric vehicles, improvements to brand image and improving sales volumes should ultimately make it a wise decision for the company.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Automakers, Best Buy, AMR, Changi Airport, Nokia, General Motors
September 07 2012 8:39 PM
Each week, the IBTimes Money team picks the six biggest, most dramatic, or most compelling winners and losers in business. For the week of Sept. 3-7, the former include global automakers such as the Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), and the latter include the Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK).
- Electric Cars Drive Demand For Lithium; FMC, Rio Tinto, Rockwood Stand To Gain
September 07 2012 4:55 PM
Growing global demand for electric cars could drive demand for lithium up by as much as 20 percent per year, benefiting chemical and mining companies such as the FMC Corp. (NYSE: FMC), Rio Tinto PLC (NYSE: RIO) and Rockwood Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ROC), according to Standard & Poor's Capital IQ.
- Qantas Move To Dubai Will Lower Costs, Help Stop Losses On Int'l Routes: Analysts
September 07 2012 1:05 PM
Dubai International is rapidly becoming a major international connection. For ailing Qantas Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) the move of its European hub from Singapore to the UAE will help lower the cost of shuttling travelers back and forth between Melbourne or Sydney and London.
- General Motors Banking On Chinese Designed Chevy Sail To Push Indian Unit Out of Doldrums
September 06 2012 12:18 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) is hoping its Chinese designed Chevrolet Sail can push its struggling Indian unit out of a sales doldrums.
- Tiny UAE Is No. 3 Most Important Aircraft Market: Airbus
September 05 2012 10:56 AM
The UAE is expected to spend an average of $11 billion a year through 2031 on an estimated 882 commercial aircraft, according to a report by Airbus on the global market for aircraft.
- Boeing Says China Will Need 5,260 New Airplanes By 2031
September 05 2012 6:30 AM
China will need 5,260 new commercial airplanes, valued at $670 billion, over the next 20 years, according to Boeing, one of the providers of passenger airplanes for China.