- China's Manufacturing PMI Up To 4-Month High
August 21 2013 11:15 PM
The improvement in HSBC's manufacturing survey comes after an unexpected rebound in the official PMI reading in July.
- GM Recalls 293,000 Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
August 17 2013 1:37 PM
General Motors is recalling 292,879 Chevrolet Cruze compact sedans in the U.S., due to a brake-related issue with the vehicles.
- European And Chinese Demand For Chemicals Slows Down
August 08 2013 5:38 PM
Abenomics may be boosting Japanese chemical companies, however.
- Things China Makes
August 02 2013 9:33 AM
More than 90 percent of all personal computers manufactured in the world in 2011 were made in China.
- Thailand's Dawei Project In Myanmar Faces Financial Trouble
August 02 2013 6:16 AM
The $50 billion industrial hub is having difficulties rounding up the funding it requires.
- US Investigates Steel-Pipe Imports Pricing
July 25 2013 3:18 AM
The U.S. is probing antidumping charges against India and eight other countries while Joe Biden urges India to lift restrictions on exports.
- Euro Zone Manufacturing And Services Return To Growth
July 24 2013 8:58 AM
A broad revival in manufacturing and a stabilizing service sector contributed to the most encouraging results since Jan. 2012.
- French Econ Data: Muddling Recovery
July 23 2013 8:20 AM
The monthly manufacturing business sentiment for July beat economists’ expectations.
- Boeing Q2 Earnings Preview: Analysts Expect 5.7% Boost In Profit
July 23 2013 5:24 AM
Analysts expect earnings growth, due to Boeing's strong deliveries, return of the 787 to full service, and cost reductions.
- Glaxo Says Execs May Have Broken Chinese Law
July 22 2013 9:53 AM
Pharmaceutical giant admits that high-level employees in China "appear to have acted outside of our processes and controls."
- Pfizer Doesn't Want To Bid On A Surging Onyx: Report
July 19 2013 10:35 AM
The move puts Amgen in the lead to buy the cancer-drug maker.
- US Industrial Production Rose In June
July 16 2013 9:36 AM
The mining and manufacturing sectors pushed U.S. industrial production ahead in June and capacity utilization also advanced.
- General Dynamics, World Fourth Largest Defense Company, Consolidating Two Major Weapons Systems Units
July 15 2013 3:06 PM
In a bid to streamline operations, General Dynamics is folding one of its key weapons systems units into another.
- June US Producer Prices Jump
July 12 2013 8:44 AM
The 0.8% jump was led by a 7.2% surge in wholesale gasoline prices. Meanwhile, the core PPI rate rose just 0.2%.
- May US Inventories Down - GDP Pick-Up Ahead?
July 10 2013 1:05 PM
May wholesale stock declined 0.5 percent from April, the steepest drop in 20 months.
- Manufacturing Grows in June, Hiring Down [Video]
July 03 2013 11:09 AM
- May US Factory Orders Rise More Than Expected
July 02 2013 10:14 AM
Factory orders have now been up for three of the last four months.
- US Manufacturing Expansion Slowed In June
July 01 2013 9:09 AM
The loss of export orders is causing U.S. manufacturers to pull back on hiring, Markit said.
- Spain's Factory Sector Didn't Contract In June
July 01 2013 8:38 AM
European data released Monday show Spain manufacturing flat but not shrinking, while the euro-zone jobless rift is widening.
- IMF Official Says Green Growth Will Create Jobs
June 27 2013 3:38 PM
Christine Lagarde says that green energy innovation can spur job growth in roles that have not yet been invented.