- Johnson & Johnson To Settle Hip Replacement Lawsuits For $4B
November 13 2013 4:46 AM
The settlement could be the largest liability claim deal made by a company over a medical device.
- India's Auto Industry Looking At Negative Growth: Report
November 12 2013 4:48 AM
The expected holiday season demand for cars failed to materialize in India, pushing down sales further in October.
- Ireland's Shire Buys Viropharma For $4.2B
November 11 2013 5:27 AM
The Pennsylvania-based rare-disease drug maker's product pipeline had reportedly attracted several suitors.
- Sept. German Factory Production Disappoints
November 07 2013 7:28 AM
Economists expect the drop in Germany's industrial production in September to be a one-time event.
- UK IP Beats Estimates, Euro Zone Retail Sales Disappoint
November 06 2013 6:30 AM
Industrial production data from the UK beat forecasts while the 17-nation euro zone bloc saw a decline in retail sales.
- Washington State Set To Bag Boeing 777X Production
November 06 2013 2:16 AM
The three-way deal between Boeing, state lawmakers and the main workers’ union is key to securing the future of the region’s aerospace industry.
- Euro Zone: Factory Data Up, But Jobs Languish
November 04 2013 5:16 AM
Despite another uptick in factory activity, most nations recorded job losses in the sector for the twenty-first straight month.
- Italy’s Business Confidence Drops In October
October 28 2013 5:49 AM
Business confidence climate saw a decline in the service and retail trade sectors, causing the overall index to fall.
- Govt: Tesla Model S Fire Not Worth Investigating
October 25 2013 3:18 PM
Here are two bits of good news this week for Tesla ahead of its earnings report.
- Earnings Buzz: Ford, Southwest, 3M [VIDEO]
October 24 2013 11:02 AM
Ford Motor Company, Southwest Airlines Co. and 3M Co. reported fiscal third-quarter earnings on Thursday.
- Dow Chemical Q3 Earnings Up 20%
October 24 2013 7:48 AM
The nation's biggest chemical company made substantial progress in paying down its debt during the third quarter.
- Euro Zone Service Sector Disappoints In October
October 24 2013 6:25 AM
However, the poor performance may be a blip and should not raise doubts about the euro zone's overall recovery.
- Chinese Factory Activity Jumps To 7-Month High
October 23 2013 10:37 PM
The uptick in manufacturing suggests the possibility of a strong pick-up in growth in the fourth quarter.
- Caterpillar Underperforms In Q3 And Sees Challenging 2014
October 23 2013 10:19 AM
Profits for the quarter fell 44 percent from the year before.
- Caterpillar Earnings Preview: Weak Mining Demand Digs Into Q3 Profit
October 22 2013 6:22 AM
Caterpillar, the world's largest maker of construction and mining equipment, is expected to report a 31% drop in Q3 profit.
- Boeing Cuts Production Of 747 Jets For Second Time In A Year
October 19 2013 5:55 PM
Boeing adjusts production of its 747-8 jumbo jets for second time in a year citing lower demand.
- General Electric Q3 Earnings Preview: Better News Next Time
October 17 2013 5:49 AM
The industrial conglomerate’s pace may be slowing, compared to more-specialized competitors.
- Vedanta Now Offers $4B For Stakes In India's Hindustan Zinc, Balco
October 16 2013 1:37 AM
Vedanta Resources sweetens offer price by 36 percent to buy stakes in India’s government-run entities, Hindustan Zinc and Balco.
- Porsche Driving To Expand Into Africa By 2020
October 13 2013 5:16 PM
Porsche wants to expand in a big way, setting its sights on Africa with the goal of selling more than 200,000 vehicles globally by 2020.
- Four Things To Know About The End Of Amplats Strike
October 11 2013 12:21 PM
An 11-day strike was brought to a close, with 44,000 ounces of platinum lost as a result of the protracted unrest.