- Boeing Versus Airbus: Who’s Winning? [INFOGRAPHIC]
June 15 2013 8:57 AM
Based on the number of airplane orders booked by the companies last year, Boeing beat Airbus -- but by just 13 planes.
- GE Aircraft Engine Production Set To Soar
June 13 2013 11:02 AM
The aircraft engine maker built 3,300 engines last year and expects to build 3,600 in 2013 and 3,800 in 2014.
- Federal Judge In Detroit Dismisses Spyker's Lawsuit Against GM
June 11 2013 5:30 AM
A US federal judge dismissed a $3 billion lawsuit by Spyker accusing General Motors for Saab's bankruptcy.
- Pearl Therapeutics Acquired By AstraZeneca For $1.15B
June 10 2013 8:31 AM
British drug-maker AstraZeneca agreed to buy California's respiratory drug company Pearl Therapeutics for $1.15 billion.
- Relax Restrictions On Diabetes Drug Avandia: FDA Panel
June 07 2013 8:31 AM
An FDA panel recommended relaxing tough safety restrictions on GlaxoSmithKline's diabetes drug Avandia.
- Building Collapse In Philadelphia, 8-10 Trapped
June 05 2013 11:57 AM
Nine people are reported injured, but no deaths yet in Wednesday morning's building collapse in Philadelphia.
- 3D Printing Moving Into Orbit, Sets Sights On Moon
June 04 2013 3:00 PM
3D printing could be a great way for NASA to make tools, ships and parts in orbit for a fraction of the cost of launching them into space.
- For China, An Expanded Ethiopian Shoe Factory Fits
June 04 2013 8:40 AM
Chinese shoe mega-exporter Huajian announced Tuesday it will expand a factory in Ethiopia.
- BASF Announces Ambitious Research Expansion
June 04 2013 8:16 AM
Germany's BASF wants to solidify its footprint in Asia-Pacific with a major research base for chemical production.
- Manufacturing: Growth Slows, But So Does Contraction
June 03 2013 4:25 PM
China's manufacturing sector is still shrinking, but at a slower pace than last year.
- US Manufacturing Posts Slight Increase In May
June 03 2013 9:30 AM
American factories posted a steady-as-she-goes performance in May -- modest but still better than their European counterparts.
- Euro Zone Factories Contract By Smallest Amount In Months
June 03 2013 7:34 AM
Here's what qualifies as good news about European manufacturing: It's not shrinking as fast as it had been for the past 22 months.
- Conflicting Manufacturing Data From China Sends Mixed Signals
June 03 2013 12:27 AM
HSBC's Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index for China, released Monday, showed it fell to 49.2 in May from 50.4 in April, showing a contraction. Official data, released Saturday, say otherwise.
- Bangladesh Industry, Western Brands Responsible For Factory Safety: US
May 28 2013 2:23 PM
A U.S. official said that Western brands must address worker safety, but the culture of Bangladesh industry must change, too.
- Prost! Thousands Of VW Workers Get A Raise
May 28 2013 10:22 AM
Upcoming federal elections have local politicians throwing their weight behind unions.
- Is Japan Eyeing Myanmar As Next Bangladesh?
May 25 2013 1:07 PM
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is the first Japanese leader to visit Myanmar, formerly Burma, in 36 years.
- Bangladesh Factory Functioning With Cracks In Walls After Wal-Mart Ban
May 20 2013 1:32 PM
A Bangladeshi garment factory is continuing to produce Wrangler shirts despite being banned by Wal-Mart, according to a Reuters report.
- Chinese Citizens Push Back Against Chemical Plant
May 16 2013 8:08 AM
Hundreds of residents of Kunming, China, are protesting planned paraxylene production in their backyard.
- NY Fed Says Region's Manufacturing Down Sharply In May
May 15 2013 1:58 PM
The New York region's factories took a hit as stores scaled back inventories and prices for products declined.
- GoPro Captures One World Trade Center Spire Reaching Final Height
May 14 2013 11:43 AM
Cameras were all focused on One World Trade Center as it reached its final height. However, this video gives a unique breathtaking view from the spire itself.