- Porsche and Volkswagen Finally Complete Merger, Will Pay ?100M in Taxes
July 05 2012 12:07 PM
Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) will complete its long-sought purchase of Porsche Automobil Holding SE (Frankfurt: PAH3), following years of on-again, off-again courtship between the two companies.
- Tesla Will Provide Drivetrain, Batteries for Electric Mercedes-Benz B-Class Car
July 05 2012 11:54 AM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) will provide drivetrain, batter and electric motor technology for an electric vehicle (EV) version of the Mercedes-Benz B-class beginning in 2014, according to Auto Week.
- June US Car Sales Rev-Up On Contractor Demand For Trucks And SUVs
July 03 2012 5:04 PM
U.S. car sales revved up again in June after lackluster May sales numbers as consumers continued to flock to dealer lots to replace aging vehicles and buy new trucks and crossover SUVs.
- Subaru June US Sales Surged 40 Percent
July 03 2012 4:05 PM
Subaru, the automotive manufacturing arm of Japanese industrial company Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (Tokyo: 7270), reported June U.S. car sales rose 40 percent over the year before.
- Nissan US Car Sales Soar In June
July 03 2012 3:10 PM
Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) June U.S. car sales rose 28.2 percent on gains for almost every model in the Nissan lineup.
- Honda June U.S. Sales Skyrocket
July 03 2012 2:12 PM
Honda Motor Co.(NYSE: HMC) reported June U.S. auto sales rose 48 percent, the company's best June since 2008, with strong sales gains for both Honda and Acura brand vehicles.
- June US Car Sales: Recovery Continues As GM, Ford, Chrysler And Toyota Report Massive Gains
July 03 2012 1:23 PM
June U.S. car sales rose across the board, surging above the 14 million unit seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of sales after a lackluster May, indicating a continued recovery for the industry that will likely carry through the second half.
- Volkswagen June U.S. Car Sales Highest Since 1973
July 03 2012 12:37 PM
Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) June U.S. sales rose 34.2 percent and the company reported its best June and first half since its heyday with the VW Bus in 1973.
- Toyota June US Car Sales Bounce Back 60 Percent
July 03 2012 11:39 AM
Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE: TM) June U.S. sales rose 60.3 percent compared to the year before, the company announced Tuesday.
- General Motors June US Car Sales Rocket 16%
July 03 2012 10:51 AM
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) reported 15.5 percent year-over-year U.S. sales growth in June and the best sales month for the company since September 2008.
- Ford June US Car Sales Gain On Demand For SUVs
July 03 2012 10:37 AM
Ford reported Tuesday that June sales rose 7 percent over the year before driven by strong sales of trucks and SUVs.
- June US Car Sales - Ford, GM, Chrysler Report Big Gains
July 03 2012 10:34 AM
Detroit?s carmakers saw strong June U.S. car sales with Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian Fiat SpA (Milan: F), reporting 20 percent year-over-year sales growth and Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) reporting more modest 7 percent sales gains.
- Chrysler Reports Best June Sales Since 2007
July 03 2012 9:24 AM
Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian Fiat SpA (Milan: F), reported June sales rose 20 percent compared to the year before, making it the best June sales month in five years.
- 'Bath Salts' Drug May Have Fueled Nude Carjacking in Arizona
July 02 2012 2:59 PM
The now notorious zombie drug bath salts may be to blame in the case of a nude carjacking in Scottsdale, Ariz., that left seven injured, including a pregnant woman who broke both of her legs, media reports said.
- June U.S. Manufacturing Contracts For First Time In Nearly 3 Years
July 02 2012 12:38 PM
U.S. manufacturing contracted in June for the first time since July 2009 as demand fell amid the euro zone crisis, according to Institute for Supply Management data released Monday.
- Alabama Governor Welcomes Airbus To Mobile
July 02 2012 9:15 AM
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will be welcoming Airbus S.A.S. to the port city of Mobile Monday morning to formally announce the opening of the European aircraft manufacturer's first assembly plant in the U.S.
- Bird T---s And Your Car: Beware The Emu Poop
June 29 2012 7:00 PM
Smart USA employed zoology, statistics, engineering, and some cheeky graphic design to put an obnoxious Twitter follower in the right about the effects of bird doo-doo on cars. Here's the dirt on how much damage bird poop can cause to cars, and which color cars are most subject to aerial bombardment.
- Toyota May Face Govt Investigation For New Floor Mat Recall
June 29 2012 1:45 PM
Toyota just can't seem to get the floor mats right on its cars. Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) is recalling approximately 154,000 model-year 2010 Lexus RX 350 and RX 450 H cars for potential floor mat interference with accelerator pedal, the same problem which afflicted millions of the company's cars in 2009 and 2010. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is considering launching an investigation of Toyota regarding delays in notifying the agency about the...
- Losses in Europe, Growth in US - Time For Ford To Leave Europe?
June 29 2012 12:48 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) must be asking itself when the European automotive market becomes too toxic as sales in the region slump, the euro zone teeters on the brink of disaster and carmaker predicts European losses of close to $600 million in the second quarter.
- Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012 Preview: Moving Motor Show, Jenson Button and the McLaren MP4-12C [PHOTOS]
June 28 2012 7:19 PM
The Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012 kicked off Thursday with the annual Moving Motor Show. The Festival of Speed hillclimb will be the big draw during the weekend at Britain's largest auto show.