- HSBC Index Underlines Slow Down In Emerging Economies
October 09 2013 10:50 AM
Emerging markets are stagnating, as businesses neither expand nor contract, according to the latest reading of the index.
- Delivery Delays Just Part Of Boeing’s Dreamliner "Disaster'
October 07 2013 3:12 PM
UBS analysts compiled a comprehensive delivery log for the troubled jet, including its deliveries to Japan’s two major airlines.
- Belgium's Solvay To Buy Chemlogics For $1.35B
October 07 2013 7:03 AM
The all-cash deal is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk IDs Cause Of Model S Sedan Fire
October 06 2013 5:30 PM
The Tesla Motors co-founder also defended the safety of electric vehicles after video of a Model S sedan fire surfaced last week.
- Is General Electric Becoming Irrelevant?
October 03 2013 10:52 AM
The diversified industrial giant has fallen out of favor with institutional investors. Here's why.
- Caterpillar Price Hikes Won't Affect Everyone, Analyst Says
October 01 2013 3:21 PM
Caterpillar is upping its prices in Europe, Japan and the U.S. but probably not in Latin America and Asia.
- For Merck, Lost Patents Mean Lost Jobs
October 01 2013 10:17 AM
Merck's latest layoffs are coming from both marketing and research and development.
- After Hiking Sales Tax, Japan's Abe Takes Aim At Cutting Corporate Tax
October 01 2013 7:32 AM
The prime minister's moves are part of his overall drive to jump-start the nation's long-suffering economy.
- China’s Manufacturing PMI Falls Short Of Flash Estimate
September 29 2013 10:45 PM
Output in China's manufacturing sector improved and foreign demand increased for the first time in six months, in September.
- Siemens Sheds 15,000 Jobs, Seeking To Save $8.11 Billion
September 29 2013 7:16 PM
The reduction in force at the Munich-based diversified-machinery firm will be in the area of 4.08 percent.
- Nissan Recalls 900K Vehicles Worldwide
September 26 2013 8:02 AM
The Japanese auto maker recalled five models for a flaw in a sensor, which could stall the engine.
- BAE Systems Uniquely Enjoys Strong Defense Outlook
September 25 2013 2:14 PM
Because of BAE Systems' Middle Eastern government clients, it likely will fare better than rivals vulnerable to cuts in U.S. military spending.
- Is 'Made In China' Ebbing?
September 24 2013 2:59 PM
Many U.S. firms are shifting manufacturing operations back to American soil, owing to China's rising wages.
- Why Russia Is Selling A 49% Stake In AK-47 Maker
September 24 2013 10:38 AM
Two private investors bring significant defense-industry expertise to the maker of one of the world’s most popular weapons.
- Platinum And Palladium Shine As Metals To Watch
September 24 2013 5:46 AM
Strong automobile maker demand should boost the 2 metals over the next year, as they stand to outperform other commodities.
- India's Ranbaxy Draws Regulators' Attention In Non-US Markets
September 23 2013 7:48 AM
Indian generic drugmaker Ranbaxy faces scrutiny from more regulators after the U.S. FDA imposed an import ban on its Indian plant.
- Euro Zone Manufacturing, Services Expand In September
September 23 2013 5:15 AM
The euro zone service sector saw the largest rise in activity since June 2011, while the manufacturing expansion rate slowed.
- How Brazil’s World Cup Protests Are Killing Caterpillar
September 20 2013 1:18 PM
Caterpillar was seeing negative retail sales in all markets except Latin America -- until now.
- Aircraft Engine War Not Over With Cancellation of Major Joint Venture
September 20 2013 10:56 AM
Competition in the commercial engine market will stay stiff, so long as Pratt & Whitney’s PurePower engine stays ahead in the engineering game.
- FDA Finds Fault With Indian Drugmaker Ranbaxy's Latest Facility
September 17 2013 4:15 AM
FDA banned import of drugs manufactured at Ranbaxy's newest Indian plant, dealing a blow to the generic major's comeback plans.