- Boeing Cuts Production Of 747 Jets For Second Time In A Year
October 19 2013 5:55 PM
Boeing adjusts production of its 747-8 jumbo jets for second time in a year citing lower demand.
- General Electric Q3 Earnings Preview: Better News Next Time
October 17 2013 5:49 AM
The industrial conglomerate’s pace may be slowing, compared to more-specialized competitors.
- Vedanta Now Offers $4B For Stakes In India's Hindustan Zinc, Balco
October 16 2013 1:37 AM
Vedanta Resources sweetens offer price by 36 percent to buy stakes in India’s government-run entities, Hindustan Zinc and Balco.
- Porsche Driving To Expand Into Africa By 2020
October 13 2013 5:16 PM
Porsche wants to expand in a big way, setting its sights on Africa with the goal of selling more than 200,000 vehicles globally by 2020.
- Four Things To Know About The End Of Amplats Strike
October 11 2013 12:21 PM
An 11-day strike was brought to a close, with 44,000 ounces of platinum lost as a result of the protracted unrest.
- HSBC Index Underlines Slow Down In Emerging Economies
October 09 2013 10:50 AM
Emerging markets are stagnating, as businesses neither expand nor contract, according to the latest reading of the index.
- Delivery Delays Just Part Of Boeing’s Dreamliner "Disaster'
October 07 2013 3:12 PM
UBS analysts compiled a comprehensive delivery log for the troubled jet, including its deliveries to Japan’s two major airlines.
- Belgium's Solvay To Buy Chemlogics For $1.35B
October 07 2013 7:03 AM
The all-cash deal is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk IDs Cause Of Model S Sedan Fire
October 06 2013 5:30 PM
The Tesla Motors co-founder also defended the safety of electric vehicles after video of a Model S sedan fire surfaced last week.
- Is General Electric Becoming Irrelevant?
October 03 2013 10:52 AM
The diversified industrial giant has fallen out of favor with institutional investors. Here's why.
- Caterpillar Price Hikes Won't Affect Everyone, Analyst Says
October 01 2013 3:21 PM
Caterpillar is upping its prices in Europe, Japan and the U.S. but probably not in Latin America and Asia.
- For Merck, Lost Patents Mean Lost Jobs
October 01 2013 10:17 AM
Merck's latest layoffs are coming from both marketing and research and development.
- After Hiking Sales Tax, Japan's Abe Takes Aim At Cutting Corporate Tax
October 01 2013 7:32 AM
The prime minister's moves are part of his overall drive to jump-start the nation's long-suffering economy.
- China’s Manufacturing PMI Falls Short Of Flash Estimate
September 29 2013 10:45 PM
Output in China's manufacturing sector improved and foreign demand increased for the first time in six months, in September.
- Siemens Sheds 15,000 Jobs, Seeking To Save $8.11 Billion
September 29 2013 7:16 PM
The reduction in force at the Munich-based diversified-machinery firm will be in the area of 4.08 percent.
- Nissan Recalls 900K Vehicles Worldwide
September 26 2013 8:02 AM
The Japanese auto maker recalled five models for a flaw in a sensor, which could stall the engine.
- BAE Systems Uniquely Enjoys Strong Defense Outlook
September 25 2013 2:14 PM
Because of BAE Systems' Middle Eastern government clients, it likely will fare better than rivals vulnerable to cuts in U.S. military spending.
- Is 'Made In China' Ebbing?
September 24 2013 2:59 PM
Many U.S. firms are shifting manufacturing operations back to American soil, owing to China's rising wages.
- Why Russia Is Selling A 49% Stake In AK-47 Maker
September 24 2013 10:38 AM
Two private investors bring significant defense-industry expertise to the maker of one of the world’s most popular weapons.
- Platinum And Palladium Shine As Metals To Watch
September 24 2013 5:46 AM
Strong automobile maker demand should boost the 2 metals over the next year, as they stand to outperform other commodities.