Things are heating up in the ballroom this season on “Dancing With The Stars.”
The ABC competition series has enlisted the talent of Olympic athletes, reality stars, actors and more for Season 23, which kicks off in just a few days. The official announcement was made during a live broadcast of “Good Morning America.” During the show gold medal athletes Ryan Lochte and Laurie Hernandez joined a number of the show’s hosts to confirm rumors swirling that they’d been added to the “DWTS” Season 23 roster.
The celebrity cast confirmations comes just days after several former cast members announced that they would be returning to the “DWTS” stage. On Monday Derek Hough revealed that due to a change in his Broadway schedule, he was able to appear in Season 23. Hough, 31, was added to the “Singin’ in the Rain” cast and believed a hectic rehearsal and performance schedule would keep him away from the show this season. The production has been delayed, which has allowed him to rejoin the pro ranks. Hough made the announcement on Facebook.
“I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason,” he said. “This fall, I was planning on being immersed in rehearsals for ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ on Broadway, but due to successes of the shows currently running, that project has been delayed because there simply isn’t a theatre available. ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ is still very much part of my future plans. With my fall schedule freeing up I’m excited to say that I’ll be back on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ for Season 23. It’s always great to be back with my ‘DWTS’ family, coaching, creating and making lasting memories.”
Who will be competing against them? Check out the full cast:
- Ryan Lochte, Team U.S.A. gold medal swimmer, and Cheryl Burke.
- Laurie Hernandez, Team U.S.A gold medal gymnast and final five member, and Val Chmerkovskiy.
- Maureen McCormack, former “Brady Bunch” star, and Artem Chigvintsev.
- Amber Rose, former model and “The Amber Rose Show” host, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
- Terra Jolé, star of “Little Women L.A.,” and Sasha Farber.
- Marilu Henner, former “Taxi” star, and Derek Hough.
- Gov. Rick Perry, former 2016 presidential hopeful, and Emma Slater.
- Jake T. Austin, former “Wizards of Waverly Place” star, and Jenna Johnson.
- Calvin Johnson, former NFL superstar, and Lindsay Arnold.
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, award winning musician, and Allison Holker.
- Vanilla Ice, rapper-turned-renovator, and Witney Carson.
- James Hinchcliffe, IndyCar race driver, and Sharna Burgess.
- Jana Kramer, country musician, and Gleb Savchenko
Which pair do you think is going to take home the mirror ball? Tune in Monday, September 12, at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC for the first dance.