After months of forecasting the swing of the 2012 Electoral College votes, pundits and political scientists will finally get to see whose Election Day predictions were indeed right.
There are 538 Electoral College votes with either President Barack Obama or the Republican nominee Mitt Romney needing just 270 to win.
At the moment, Obama is the darling of many pundits. Some model projections show him with more than 300 of those votes, indicating a landslide-election win. Others show Romney with similar fortune.
Here’s a look at some of the predictions out there you can follow:
- Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight: Shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday, Silver’s blog has Obama at 313 and Romney 225.
- Ezra Klein, The Washington Post says it’s Obama 290, Romney 248.
- George Will predicts a big win for Romney 321, Obama 217.
- Karl Rove’s predicts Romney at 279 or more.
- Josh Putnam, visiting assistant professor of political science at Davidson College, places Obama at 332 and Romney at 206.
- Sam Wang, Princeton Election Consortium, makes two predictions Obama 332, Romney 206 or Obama 309, Romney 209.
- Ross Douthat, New York Times, predicts Obama narrowly survives at Obama 271, Romney 267.
- Philip Klein of The Washington Examiner puts the victory much narrower at Obama 277, Romney 261.
- While Michael Barone differs, with Romney 315, Obama 223.
- For Drew Linzer, political science professor at Emory University, it’s Obama 332, Romney 206.
- Over at The American Prospect, Jamelle Bouie says status quo preserved, Obama 303, Romney 235.
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer predicts an even wider margin, Obama 440, Romney 98.
- Fox News’ Dick Morris has Romney 325, Obama 213.
- The New Yorker's John Cassidy has Obama winning 303, Romney 235.
- Real Clear Politics says Obama is at 303, Romney 235.
- Larry Sabato of UVA Center for Politics, says it's a second term for Obama 290, Romney 248.
Laura is a U.S. politics reporter for the International Business Times. She was always fascinated by the BBC World News each morning on the radio in Jamaica. That, and a love...