Las Vegas firefighters had to evacuate about 50 people and transported one individual to the hospital after a fire broke out at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in downtown Las Vegas on Thursday.

On the 22nd floor of the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino at approximately 8:26 p.m., a fire broke out causing the floor to fill up with smoke, reported the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The fire started in an unfinished room that was used for storing linens and bedding while the entire 22nd floor, along with the 23rd and the 24th, was being renovated. However, guests were not allowed on those floors while they were being renovated.

Floors 21 through 25 were emptied and the emergency response units arrived on the scene, reported Fox.

When firefighters arrived at the room, the hotel sprinkler system had extinguished the fire, reported the Las Vegas Review-Journal. However, the entire room was filled with black smoke, making it very difficult for the emergency workers to see.

They crawled along floor, searching for victims. They reportedly found an individual in the corner of the room. He appeared to be limp and was unresponsive. It is unknown whether the victim was a guest or an employee of the Golden Nugget Hotel.

The victim was taken to University Medical Center and suffered from critical smoke inhalation, reported Fox.

Golden Nugget was built in 194 and is one of the oldest casinos in the city. It also one the largest casinos in the downtown area, containing 2,345 deluxe guest rooms and suites.