It looks like Charlie Sheen is actually winning for once, as the most popular Halloween costume idea for 2011, according to trends from Yahoo's search data.
Thanks to technology, we can now anticipate which costumes will be the most popular for each year, and this year Charlie Sheen takes the throne and seems to be happy about it. One Twitter user said she is excited to be Charlie Sheen for Halloween.
Hey !! I saw a costum Of you for halloween I could be Charlie Sheen for Halloween! !@GloriaOrdonez tweeted.
Waiting for that picture! Sheen responded.
With the economy poised on the brink of a new recession, many are looking for ways to save on Halloween costumes, opting for do-it-yourself instead of paying steep prices from retailers. Without suffering from lack of creativity, many draw inspiration from the media and pop culture to pinch a few pennies for Oct. 31.
Here are the top 20 most popular Halloween costume ideas for 2011, according to Yahoo search records, and how you can make them yourself.
Top Searched Adult Costumes on Yahoo!
- Star Wars: Don white and carry a light saber, which you can make out of the leftover roll from wrapping paper colored blue or green.
- Vampire: Paint your face white, wear all black and drizzle blood down your lips.
- Pan Am: Wear a blue suit and hat.
- Superheroes: All you need is a cape to get the point across.
- Catwoman: Instead of purchasing an expensive leather suit, wear all black and make yourself a tail out of yarn and ears out of cardboard.
- Eighties: Big hair and acid wash jeans.
- Indian: Make a headdress out of feathers and wear a loincloth made out of burlap.
- Wizard of Oz: Wrap yourself in tin foil. Voila! Tin Man.
- Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox: For Casey Anthony, as long as you have a beer bottle in your hands, you're all set.
- Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson: Charles Manson is easy if you have crazy hair and an alarming look on your face.
Controversial costumes on Yahoo!:
- Charlie Sheen: Perhaps some tiger blood or a 10,000-year-old brain or boogers of a 7-year-old will do the trick.
- Casey & Caylee Anthony: Instead of paying $24,000 for the mask which sold on eBay back in July, dress trashy and act like a bad mother.
- Amanda Knox/Jessica Rabbit: If you have red hair, blow up balloons and wear them underneath a red tube top dress.
- Osama Bin Laden: All you need is a beard and a makeshift turban.
- Chaz Bono: Wear a great suit and bring a blonde female dance partner around.
Top Searched Celebrity Costumes (this month):
- Lady Gaga: Hit up your local deli.
- Nicki Minaj: Wear a bad wig and tons of bright colors.
- Katy Perry: Buy a blue wig and glue cupcakes to a bra.
- Justin Bieber: Hair. And skinny jeans.
- Snooki: Paint yourself orange a la Oompa Loompa and pouf your hair.
- Dog the Bounty Hunter: Please don't cut your hair into a mullet. Go out and buy a wig for this one and don black leather and handcuffs.
- Taylor Swift: Getting your hair right for this one is key. The best way to get your locks looking like Swift's is to use hot rollers.