HTC Corporation has become a direct competitor to the Korean giant Samsung Electronics in the Android market. To prove this, the company has released a latest scheme for preordering its new smartphone -- HTC One X.
According to media reports, buyers will be able to preorder the HTC One X from BuyMobilesPhones for approximately $749 (£472) on O2 (UK mobile operator) with a 21 percent down payment and around $24 (£15.50) per month on a two-year contract (the original contract price is around $ 34 (£21.500)). Here's a smart tip - the users will have to remove the 500MB data allowance before they use it to save $9 (£6) per month.
The O2 100 Internet All Rounder package would include 100 cross network minutes, 500 texts and 20 photo messages which would not suit most users, which means that the contract is for the phone rather than the bundle.
Also the buyers would have to note that the One X will be locked to O2 and can only be used on Tesco Mobile and GiffGaff.
HTC One X is a tough competitor to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 super smartphone. While the S3 launch and release dates are yet to be officially announced by Samsung, HTC One X was launched along with two other HTC smartphones at the Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona in February.
HTC is tight-lipped on the market availability, price and release date for the device as of now. Also, initially, the rumors were that that the HTC One X was going to land on the retail shelves on June 10; however, according to the latest grapevine, the device is expected to be released in the market by April 4.
BGR reports state that HTC and Sprint have sent a media invite for a joint event to be held on April 4 in New York City. It will be hosted by Sprint CEO Dan Hesse and HTC President Jason Mackenzie. The honchos are expected to flaunt their latest collaboration and are most likely to announce Sprint as the carrier of the HTC One X.
While Sprint customers will have to wait a while to get their hands on the HTC's latest device, the device has already been launched as the HTC One XL for AT&T users. It does not have a quad-core processor under its hood but will offer LTE connectivity to make up for it.
So according to latest updates on release dates, the US may be seeing the handset launched for Sprint on April 4, while the UK will get it just two days later on April 6.
Here is a look at the top features of HTC One X
- 4.7-inch Super-LCD 720p display with 1280 x 720pixels of resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS with HTC Sense 4.0 UI.
- A quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor clocked at 1.5GHz.
- 1GB of DDR2 RAM.
- An 8-megapixel rear camera with f2.0 aperture, new image capture software, revamped HDR technology and integrated Instagram-like filters, BSI sensor.
- 1080p HD video recording capability, Slow motion recording capability at 60 frames per second.
- HTC ImageChip, chip exclusively dedicated to the camera system.
- An additional 1.3-megapixel front facing camera for forwarding 720p video chats.
- 32GB internal memory with no microSD card on board; 25GB of free Dropbox storage for two years.
- 4G LTE capability.
- NFC, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, micro USB 2.0.
- 25GB free Dropbox storage also includes iCloud-like Sense features - Auto-uploading photos.
- 1800mAh battery.
- Dimensions -- 134.4 x 69.9 x 9.3 mm
- Weight -- 130 grams
Samsung Galaxy S3, on the other hand, has not confirmed any release date; however, most rumours suggest that it would be released during the first half of the year.
Samsung is expected to have a slight edge over HTC in terms of hardware specifications. Industry experts believe that Galaxy S3 would also garner more sales, going by its predecessor S2's performance and sales. At the same time, it may be pricier than the HTC One X.
Here is a feature roundup of the rumored Samsung Galaxy S3:
- 4.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus HD screen, with 1280 x 720 pixels of resolutions with a pixel density of 313 PPI.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Touchwhiz 5.0 overlay
- 1.5GHz Quadcore Samsung Exynos CPU
- 12-megapixels with a 1080p video at 60 frames per second and video chatting with a front-facing 2 megapixel camera.
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 1 GB of internal memory and with an expandable memory option up to 32 GB
- USB 3.0 capability
- Dimensions -- 131 x 64 x 8 mm and weight around 125grams