Authorities on Monday said that Aliahna Lemmon, the 9-year-old Indiana girl who was missing since last week, has been found dead and her neighbor is expected to be charged with murder on Tuesday.

Investigators told The Associated Press that the girl's body was found in the northeastern Indiana county. However, they gave no other details.

Mike Plumadore, the neighbor who was babysitting Aliahna Lemmon and her two sisters when she went missing on Friday, is currently being held on a murder charge, The AP reported. The report noted that Plumadore, 39, and Aliahna Lemmon's family lived in the same mobile home park in Fort Wayne. He will go before the court on Tuesday.

The state Web site shows that 15 registered sex offenders live in the mobile park home where Aliahna Lemmon lived.

However, Plumadore is not on Indiana's registered sex offenders list. He does have a criminal record, however, in Florida and North Carolina, according to The AP, which stated that the record includes trespassing and assault convictions.

He was a trusted family friend, David Story, Aliahna's step-grandfather, told The AP. Story added that he was surprised by the arrest.

Allen County sheriff's spokesman Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel told The AP that the suspect was arrested being interviewed by police.

Tarah Souders, the mother of the 9 year old, told The Journal Gazette on Monday that Aliahna Lemmon had vision, hearing and emotional problems.

The girl also suffered from attention deficit disorder. She was staying at Plumadore along with her sisters because their mother was sick with the flu and Aliahna Lemmon's stepfather works the night shift.

On Sunday, Plumadore said he left the three girls in his mobile home around 6 a.m. Friday before going to a gas station about a mile away to buy a cigar.

Authorities confirmed that the store's surveillance video shows him there about that time.

Fox News reported that Plumadore had his cigar before going to bed and awoke around 10 a.m. the next morning when the girls' mother called. Plumadore said he then saw that the door to his home was unlocked and the 9 year old was gone. He added that one of Aliahna's sisters told him that Aliahna went with the mother.

Plumadore then spoke with Aliahna's mother at 8:30 p.m. and that was when they realized she was missing and called the police, according to Fox News.