Karl Lagerfeld, fame fashion icon and head of fashion house Chanel, had some questionable comments about superstar singer Adele.
The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice, the 78-year-old head designer and creative director for Chanel told Metro Paris on Monday about the 23-year-old singer.
Twitter exploded with fans of Adele critiqued Lagerfeld's harsh words. Here are some of the reactions from the social networking site:
- Oh, @KarlLagerfeld, really? You had to call #Adele fat? @TODAY_ent
- Total D-----baggery from Karl Lagerfeld for calling Adele a little too fat. Not cool. Not cool at all.
- Karl Lagerfeld called Adele 'a little too fat'... Well Karl, you're a little too fat-phobic. Oh no, you're way too fat-phobic.
- Karl Lagerfeld says Adele is fat..he's either jealous of her tremendous talent or just plain mean--or both @drjessicawu
- If you love Adele then boycott CHANEL - Boo Karl
- Karl Lagerfeld's at it again! He thinks Adele is 'too fat' and that Michelle Obama's face is 'magical' @Styleite
- Shame on you Karl Lagerfeld for saying Adele is a little too fat she is perfect as she is and a true, incredible talent.
- Don't know about ya'll but I think Adele is absolutely beautiful.
He commented on Adele in regards to his current music tastes. When asked if he liked Lana Del Rey, he responded that he preferred Adele and Florence Welch instead. However, clearly he is not thrilled with Adele's physique.
The fashionista also commented on M.I.A's middle finger gesture during the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Nowadays people give the middle finger quite quickly -- it's not the best behavior, Lagerfeld said. Everybody does that, what's new about that? It's just become a bad habit. People in magazines are 50 percent bimbo and 50 percent pregnant women.
Interesting choice of words, Lagerfeld.
What do you think of Karl Lagerfeld's comments about Adele?