- Chris Brown's Latest Album Gets Sticker Warning 'This Man Beats Women' In London
September 14 2012 7:10 PM
Shoppers looking for Chris Brown's album "Fortune" in HMV stores in London might be surprised to see a warning sticker on the CD. Several copies of Brown's latest album have been covered with advisory stickers reading, "Warning: Do Not Buy This Album! This Man Beats Women."
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe Insults Jamaicans, Sparking Fury And Introspection
September 13 2012 12:09 PM
Zimbabwe's President, Robert Mugabe, has chastised the men of Jamaica, suggesting they are all drunkards and dope addicts.
- Zoe Saldana Too Light-Skinned To Play Nina Simone: Petition
September 13 2012 11:49 AM
An online petition was posted on the website Change.org calling on the filmmakers of a Nina Simone biopic to re-cast Zoe Salanda with an actress of a darker complexion.
- RuPaul Wants 'Honey Boo Boo Child' For A Duet & Thinks She's The Next Kardashian; Could Alana Thompson Be The Next Kim K?
September 12 2012 7:05 PM
Alana Thompson who is best known as "Honey Boo Boo Child" keeps getting more popular by the day. The famous drag queen RuPaul has just announced that he would love to do a duet with "Honey Boo Boo Child" to E! News while at the MTV VMAs.
- Bob Dylan Says Slavery Still Haunts America's Reputation In Rolling Stone Interview
September 12 2012 6:32 PM
In a new interview with Rolling Stone, legendary rock and folk musician Bob Dylan spoke up about America’s troubled history of slavery. The American icon said that the United States may never be able to get rid of the shame of being "founded on the backs of slaves."
- Britney Spears Learns The 'Gangnam Style' Dance As Psy Surprises Her On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'
September 11 2012 10:25 AM
Britney Spears tried her best to learn the moves of South Korean pop star Psy, on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" earlier this week.
- Lana Del Rey Poses Nude in GQ; Why It’s Not ‘Sexist’
September 10 2012 5:39 PM
Indie songstress Lana Del Rey has come under attack again; this time, not for her musical talent (or her alleged lack thereof) but for posing naked on the cover of the October issue of British GQ.
- President Obama Responds To Nicki Minaj Allegedly Supporting Mitt Romney In Her Latest Single
September 10 2012 2:38 PM
Last week, rapper Nicki Minaj made headlines for her lyrics in a song titled "Mercy," a remake of rapper Kanye West's song of the same name
- Karaoke Killings: A Bizarre Phenomenon In East Asia
September 10 2012 8:44 AM
Confrontations in karaoke parlors have culminated in murderous violence in parts of Asia.
- The End Of Pop Culture: What Eastwooding Tells Us About The Future Of Media
September 09 2012 11:58 AM
From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Is Rihanna Feuding With Drake And Nicki Minaj?: Details Emerge About 2012 VMA Awards
September 08 2012 9:59 AM
At the VMA Awards, there seemed to be tension between Rihanna, rapper Nicki Minaj, and Minaj's Young Money Entertainment label mate Drake
- Pandora Media Shares Plunge 21% On Rumored Apple Rivalry
September 07 2012 2:02 PM
Shares of online radio broadcaster Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) plunged nearly 21 percent on reports that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, would launch a competitive service as early as next quarter.
- R.I.P. Joe South: Grammy Award Winner, Eminent Songwriter Passes Away At 72
September 07 2012 8:25 AM
Joe South, a well known singer-songwriter who gained popularity with hits like (I Never Promised You) "A Rose Garden," "Games People Play," "Walk a Mile in My Shoes," passed away Wednesday following cardiac arrest.
- One Direction Score Big At MTV VMAs 2012, Fans On Twitter Greet Band For Grabbing 3 Awards (Full List Of Winners & Photos)
September 07 2012 12:58 AM
British boy band One Direction turned out to be the biggest winners at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) Thursday night in Los Angeles grabbing three awards, nosing out big names like Rihanna.
- Will Chris Brown And Drake Fight Over Rihanna At The MTV VMAs?
September 06 2012 6:25 PM
With Chris Brown, 23, Drake, 25, and Rihanna, 24, all attending the same award show there's bound to be some kind of drama that happens at the 2012 MTV VMAs. It's been reported that Chris Brown, Rihanna and Drake are all seating near each other in the first row at the Staples Center in Los Angeles for Thursday night's show, All Hip Hop reported.
- MTV VMA 2012 Live Stream: Don’t Miss Superstar Performers, Presenters And Nominees
September 06 2012 5:45 PM
MTV is live streaming the 2012 VMAs for viewers who don't have a television near. Even though MTV doesn't really play videos on their network anymore they still put on a video music award ceremony every year, and they're typically pretty entertaining.
- Why Are The MTV VMAs Giving Rihanna And Other Star A Box Of Hot Pockets At Tonight's Show?
September 06 2012 4:51 PM
MTV's Video Music Awards are coming up soon, and stars like Rihanna and Green Day are preparing to take the stage on Thursday night. Behind the scenes, however, people are gearing up in a different way, by preparing gift bags for the celebrity stars, giving away iPods, designer goods, and Hot Pockets.
- Amazon Debuts Kindle Fire Upgrades, “Paperwhite”e-Reader
September 06 2012 2:29 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, announced a new model of its Kindle Fire tablet, priced at $159 and available Sept. 14, as well as a new version of its e-reader dubbed Paperwhite, priced at $179 and $119.
- Chief Keef Laughs At The Death Of Rival Chicago Rapper Lil' Jojo On Twitter
September 05 2012 7:44 PM
After Chicago rapper Lil' Jojo was killed on Tuesday night his rival Chief Keef laughed at the situation on Twitter. This situation follows the news that Lupe Fiasco was worried about young rappers like Cheif Keef.