- Lady Gaga Responds To Fat-Shaming
July 22 2014 11:09 AM
Lady Gaga is not worried about fans calling her fat in the wake of new pictures that show she may have gained weight recently.
- Smithsonian To Feature Legendary Hip-Hop Producer J Dilla's Favorite Gear
July 19 2014 1:13 AM
The legacy of James "J Dilla" Yancey lives on alongside those of other African-American greats.
- Joanie Faircloth, Conor Oberst’s Rape Accuser, Admits She Lied
July 14 2014 11:01 PM
Joanie Faircloth, the woman who accused Bright Eyes singer Conor Oberst's of rape, admitted she lied on Monday.
- 9th Radiohead Studio Album In Works: Greenwood
July 12 2014 8:55 PM
Recording of the album could begin in September.
- Tommy Ramone, Founding Member Of The Ramones, Dies at 65
July 12 2014 12:56 PM
Tommy played on the Ramones first three albums and was the last surviving founding member of the band that helped establish punk.
- Pink Floyd To Release 'Endless River' In October
July 06 2014 3:15 PM
New album has tracks laid down during the making of "The Division Bell"
- Tale of Two Music Deals: How Songza Measures Up With Beats
July 02 2014 5:50 PM
Google announced Tuesday that it would acquire music streaming service Songza. What's up with Google's latest move?
- Chris Brown's Latest Album Gets Sticker Warning 'This Man Beats Women' In London
September 14 2012 7:10 PM
Shoppers looking for Chris Brown's album "Fortune" in HMV stores in London might be surprised to see a warning sticker on the CD. Several copies of Brown's latest album have been covered with advisory stickers reading, "Warning: Do Not Buy This Album! This Man Beats Women."
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe Insults Jamaicans, Sparking Fury And Introspection
September 13 2012 12:09 PM
Zimbabwe's President, Robert Mugabe, has chastised the men of Jamaica, suggesting they are all drunkards and dope addicts.
- Zoe Saldana Too Light-Skinned To Play Nina Simone: Petition
September 13 2012 11:49 AM
An online petition was posted on the website Change.org calling on the filmmakers of a Nina Simone biopic to re-cast Zoe Salanda with an actress of a darker complexion.
- RuPaul Wants 'Honey Boo Boo Child' For A Duet & Thinks She's The Next Kardashian; Could Alana Thompson Be The Next Kim K?
September 12 2012 7:05 PM
Alana Thompson who is best known as "Honey Boo Boo Child" keeps getting more popular by the day. The famous drag queen RuPaul has just announced that he would love to do a duet with "Honey Boo Boo Child" to E! News while at the MTV VMAs.
- Bob Dylan Says Slavery Still Haunts America's Reputation In Rolling Stone Interview
September 12 2012 6:32 PM
In a new interview with Rolling Stone, legendary rock and folk musician Bob Dylan spoke up about America’s troubled history of slavery. The American icon said that the United States may never be able to get rid of the shame of being "founded on the backs of slaves."
- Britney Spears Learns The 'Gangnam Style' Dance As Psy Surprises Her On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'
September 11 2012 10:25 AM
Britney Spears tried her best to learn the moves of South Korean pop star Psy, on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" earlier this week.
- Lana Del Rey Poses Nude in GQ; Why It’s Not ‘Sexist’
September 10 2012 5:39 PM
Indie songstress Lana Del Rey has come under attack again; this time, not for her musical talent (or her alleged lack thereof) but for posing naked on the cover of the October issue of British GQ.
- President Obama Responds To Nicki Minaj Allegedly Supporting Mitt Romney In Her Latest Single
September 10 2012 2:38 PM
Last week, rapper Nicki Minaj made headlines for her lyrics in a song titled "Mercy," a remake of rapper Kanye West's song of the same name
- Karaoke Killings: A Bizarre Phenomenon In East Asia
September 10 2012 8:44 AM
Confrontations in karaoke parlors have culminated in murderous violence in parts of Asia.
- The End Of Pop Culture: What Eastwooding Tells Us About The Future Of Media
September 09 2012 11:58 AM
From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Is Rihanna Feuding With Drake And Nicki Minaj?: Details Emerge About 2012 VMA Awards
September 08 2012 9:59 AM
At the VMA Awards, there seemed to be tension between Rihanna, rapper Nicki Minaj, and Minaj's Young Money Entertainment label mate Drake
- Pandora Media Shares Plunge 21% On Rumored Apple Rivalry
September 07 2012 2:02 PM
Shares of online radio broadcaster Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) plunged nearly 21 percent on reports that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, would launch a competitive service as early as next quarter.