- President Obama Responds To Nicki Minaj Allegedly Supporting Mitt Romney In Her Latest Single
September 10 2012 2:38 PM
Last week, rapper Nicki Minaj made headlines for her lyrics in a song titled "Mercy," a remake of rapper Kanye West's song of the same name
- Karaoke Killings: A Bizarre Phenomenon In East Asia
September 10 2012 8:44 AM
Confrontations in karaoke parlors have culminated in murderous violence in parts of Asia.
- The End Of Pop Culture: What Eastwooding Tells Us About The Future Of Media
September 09 2012 11:58 AM
From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Is Rihanna Feuding With Drake And Nicki Minaj?: Details Emerge About 2012 VMA Awards
September 08 2012 9:59 AM
At the VMA Awards, there seemed to be tension between Rihanna, rapper Nicki Minaj, and Minaj's Young Money Entertainment label mate Drake
- Pandora Media Shares Plunge 21% On Rumored Apple Rivalry
September 07 2012 2:02 PM
Shares of online radio broadcaster Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) plunged nearly 21 percent on reports that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, would launch a competitive service as early as next quarter.
- R.I.P. Joe South: Grammy Award Winner, Eminent Songwriter Passes Away At 72
September 07 2012 8:25 AM
Joe South, a well known singer-songwriter who gained popularity with hits like (I Never Promised You) "A Rose Garden," "Games People Play," "Walk a Mile in My Shoes," passed away Wednesday following cardiac arrest.
- One Direction Score Big At MTV VMAs 2012, Fans On Twitter Greet Band For Grabbing 3 Awards (Full List Of Winners & Photos)
September 07 2012 12:58 AM
British boy band One Direction turned out to be the biggest winners at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) Thursday night in Los Angeles grabbing three awards, nosing out big names like Rihanna.
- Will Chris Brown And Drake Fight Over Rihanna At The MTV VMAs?
September 06 2012 6:25 PM
With Chris Brown, 23, Drake, 25, and Rihanna, 24, all attending the same award show there's bound to be some kind of drama that happens at the 2012 MTV VMAs. It's been reported that Chris Brown, Rihanna and Drake are all seating near each other in the first row at the Staples Center in Los Angeles for Thursday night's show, All Hip Hop reported.
- MTV VMA 2012 Live Stream: Don’t Miss Superstar Performers, Presenters And Nominees
September 06 2012 5:45 PM
MTV is live streaming the 2012 VMAs for viewers who don't have a television near. Even though MTV doesn't really play videos on their network anymore they still put on a video music award ceremony every year, and they're typically pretty entertaining.
- Why Are The MTV VMAs Giving Rihanna And Other Star A Box Of Hot Pockets At Tonight's Show?
September 06 2012 4:51 PM
MTV's Video Music Awards are coming up soon, and stars like Rihanna and Green Day are preparing to take the stage on Thursday night. Behind the scenes, however, people are gearing up in a different way, by preparing gift bags for the celebrity stars, giving away iPods, designer goods, and Hot Pockets.
- Amazon Debuts Kindle Fire Upgrades, “Paperwhite”e-Reader
September 06 2012 2:29 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, announced a new model of its Kindle Fire tablet, priced at $159 and available Sept. 14, as well as a new version of its e-reader dubbed Paperwhite, priced at $179 and $119.
- Chief Keef Laughs At The Death Of Rival Chicago Rapper Lil' Jojo On Twitter
September 05 2012 7:44 PM
After Chicago rapper Lil' Jojo was killed on Tuesday night his rival Chief Keef laughed at the situation on Twitter. This situation follows the news that Lupe Fiasco was worried about young rappers like Cheif Keef.
- Kanye West Brags About Kim Kardashian Becoming Famous For A Sex Tape
September 05 2012 11:52 AM
While Beyonce does not seem to be opening up to reality star Kim Kardashian, ignoring her at the recent "Made in America" Festival, rapper Kanye West cannot stop gushing over his girlfriend
- Katy Perry And John Mayer Reportedly Still Together Because They Never Broke Up, So What's With The Rumors? [POLL]
September 04 2012 5:12 PM
Katy Perry and John Mayer, are they dating or what? Well according to the latest reports Perry and Mayer never even broke up.
- Bille Joe Armstrong Of Green Day Hospitalized In Italy
September 04 2012 4:48 PM
Billie Joe Armstrong, front man of the punk-rock band Green Day, has been discharged from the hospital, after reportedly suffering from "gastric problems" this weekend that forced his band to cancel a show in Bologna, Italy, reported NBC news.
- Nicki Minaj Endorses GOP Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney In Her Latest Song?
September 04 2012 10:04 AM
Nicki Minaj appears to be endorsing Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on her latest record.
- Hal David, Lyricist And Bacharach Songwriting Partner, Dies At 91
September 02 2012 12:07 PM
Hal David, longtime lyricist for composer Burt Bacharach, died in Los Angeles Sunday at the age of 91. The team's hits included “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head,” “Walk On By,” “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again,” and “What’s New Pussycat?”
- 50 Cent Not Dead, Rumor Arose After His Manager Chris Lighty's Passing
September 02 2012 10:58 AM
Rapper 50 Cent is alive despite persistent rumors to the contrary on Twitter and throughout the Internet. The incorrect news that he had passed away came about in the wake of the death of his manager Chris Lighty.
- Made In America Festival: Jay-Z Turns A Crowd-Puller As He Does A Rocky
September 02 2012 6:55 AM
The two-day Made In America Festival got off to a rocking start at the Philadelphia Museum of Art as Jay Z entered the stage bouncing up and down, mimicking artist Rocky Balboa, with whom he shares a rag to riches story.