- Rise in Fireworks-Related Injuries Nothing To Celebrate
June 27 2014 3:59 PM
Despite the worrisome statistics, illegal displays are often touted as tradition.
- What’s The Deal With World Cup Fever?
June 26 2014 12:17 PM
Americans are watching the World Cup in record numbers. Here’s why.
- Merger Critic Blasts AT&T’s ‘Spotty’ Record At Antitrust Hearing
June 24 2014 5:48 PM
CEOs for AT&T and DirecTV made their case to antitrust policymakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday.
- USA-Portugal Match A Record For ESPN
June 24 2014 11:18 AM
Sunday’s 2-2 game may be the most-watched soccer match ever on American television.
- Honda Tells Narcolepsy Sufferers They ‘Shouldn’t Be Driving’
June 23 2014 11:51 AM
Commercial featuring a narcolepsy joke has been set to “private” on YouTube following complaints by people with the condition.
- The New LinkedIn Feature That’s Driving Users Nuts
June 20 2014 5:35 PM
The social network is expanding its long-form publishing tool, but not everyone wants to know when their connections use it.
- New York Times Killed 'The Gun Report' Rather Than Give Me A Raise, Says Writer
June 20 2014 5:16 PM
The New York Times canceled Joe Nocera's popular "The Gun Report" blog last week, days after his assistant filed a salary grievance.
- TV Mines Its Own Past -- Again
June 20 2014 1:24 PM
Lifetime’s upcoming TV movie will chronicle the backstage drama of a 1990s favorite.
- TMZ Writes Big Checks For Big Scoops
June 19 2014 5:35 PM
The trashy gossip site is known for breaking scandals, but part of its secret sauce is checkbook clickbait.
- Indie Music Artists Brace For YouTube Banishment
June 19 2014 12:40 PM
The Google-owned video giant denies doomsday reports of mass video deletions, but blocking of some content is still likely.
- Viral Ad Campaign Gave Voice To Anti-Redskins Fight
June 18 2014 4:25 PM
The “Change the Mascot” campaign didn't directly call for the cancellation of the Redskins trademark, but advocated against the use of the slur.
- When Altering Photos Is A Federal Violation
June 16 2014 4:40 PM
U.S. House bill would seek to create regulatory framework for Photoshopped images in advertising.
- Cancer Scare At New York Times
June 16 2014 10:19 AM
Dean Baquet, who recently replaced Jill Abramson as the executive editor of the New York Times, is currently recovering from a malignant tumor that was removed from his kidney over the weekend, the Times reported on Monday.
- Facebook Nurses Wounds In War On Nipples
June 13 2014 6:22 PM
Revising a controversial policy, the social network now allows images of breastfeeding mothers, even if breasts are exposed.
- Storm Over Facebook Filtering Gains Strength
June 13 2014 1:09 PM
The National Hurricane Center joins a chorus of critics who say Facebook’s is becoming useless for real-time news.
- Smile, Farmers: The Skies Are Watching
June 12 2014 5:48 PM
An environmental journalist wants to use aerial drones to sniff out illegal activity on factory farms.
- Former NYT Editor Jill Abramson To Teach At Harvard This Fall
June 12 2014 1:33 PM
Jill Abramson, the ousted former executive editor of the New York Times, will begin teaching at Harvard University this fall.
- Tracy Morgan Fans Vow To Boycott TMZ Over Crash Video
June 12 2014 11:17 AM
Following pleas from Louis C.K. and Judd Apatow, Twitter users vow to go after site’s advertisers.
- Newspaper Guild Fears For Future Of Philly Inquirer
June 11 2014 4:10 PM
Following the death of Lewis Katz, philanthropist H.F. Lenfest is poised to become sole owner.
- Meteorologists To Facebook: Stop Raining On Our Parade
June 11 2014 2:28 PM
As Facebook throttles the reach of non-advertising sites on its social network, weather forecasters say users are missing critical storm updates.