- Where Expats Flock To ‘Eat, Pray, Love’
March 05 2014 5:35 AM
Ever since “Eat, Pray, Love” put Ubud, Bali, on the map, it’s been something of a sponge soaking up lost souls.
- The Bones That Forever Changed Australia’s History
March 04 2014 2:01 PM
“Mungo Man” emerged from the Australian Outback 40 years ago this week, but his story is very much unfinished.
- The 20 Places Every American Should Visit
February 21 2014 5:59 AM
Three weeks ago we asked you to vote for the places every American should visit. Now, we're back with the results.
- How Morocco Is Prospering As A Tourist Destination
February 19 2014 6:22 AM
As security concerns hurt tourism in much of North Africa, Morocco has emerged as the “safe” way to visit the region – and it's making the most of it.
- 5 Winter Olympics Host Cities You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
February 18 2014 6:50 AM
Never heard of Sochi until a few months ago? Don’t worry; you’re not alone.
- What Makes Melbourne The Most ‘Liveable’ City In The World?
February 14 2014 6:18 AM
The man behind the Economist Intelligence Unit’s annual “liveability” report is the first to admit that “liveability” is a hard word to define.
- Vote: What Are The Places Every American Should Visit?
January 29 2014 6:51 AM
We here at International Business Times are looking to put together the ultimate U.S. bucket list, and we need your help.
- The 20 US Cities Foreigners Visit Most
January 28 2014 6:21 AM
International tourists love Florida and California, but it's cities in two other states that were the most popular in 2013.
- How To Visit The Most Extreme Places On Earth
January 24 2014 6:10 AM
Next time you complain about the frigid temperatures, save a tear for Oymyakon, Russia, the coldest inhabited place on earth.
- Wine In Texas? That’s Right, Y’all!
January 15 2014 6:17 AM
Wine Enthusiast just released its list of top wine travel destinations for 2014, and several of its picks may surprise you.
- Where Ice, Lights And Chinese Ambition Collide
January 05 2014 10:26 PM
What do you get when you arm 7,000 artists with 4 million cubic feet of ice and task them with creating a winter wonderland?
- Who Are The ‘Ganjapreneurs’ Profiting From Colorado Cannabis Tours?
January 03 2014 7:39 AM
Several companies are offering tours of Colorado’s cannabis culture, and their target market isn't who you might expect.
- 14 Destinations For 2014: Your Ultimate Travel Bucket List
December 27 2013 6:24 PM
From the newsmakers to the movers and shakers, these 14 destinations will all bask in the spotlight in 2014.
- Ships Rush To Help Russian Vessel Trapped In Polar Ice
December 26 2013 6:00 AM
Three ice-breakers are heading toward the trapped MV Akademik Shokalskiy, a tourist and research vessel.
- President Obama Thanks Troops On Visit To Hawaii Base
December 26 2013 1:53 AM
The president also greeted troops, including personnel who were injured in South Sudan, over the phone on Christmas Eve.
- The ‘Most Welcoming’ City In Europe Is…
December 12 2013 5:46 AM
This European capital in the old Eastern Bloc outshines the rest as the most welcoming city on the continent.
- Does Brazil Need More Tourists? Apparently So
December 11 2013 6:33 AM
Surprisingly enough, Brazil gets fewer tourists than Mexico and even Portugal.
- The Most Ethical Travel Destinations For 2014
December 04 2013 6:02 AM
Where we choose to spend our travel dollars has a bigger impact than you may realize on international goodwill.
- How Dallas Will Honor 50th Anniversary Of JFK Assassination
November 14 2013 6:35 AM
It was 50 years ago this November that President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, and the city is still grappling with what that day meant.
- Where To Find The Best Travel Deals For 2014
November 08 2013 5:45 AM
If you’re looking for a good travel deal in 2014, the experts at Travelzoo have a few ideas.