- Tourist Boat Sinks In Indonesia: 15 Missing, 10 Rescued
August 17 2014 7:36 AM
Fifteen foreign tourists were missing Sunday after a boat traveling between islands in eastern Indonesia sank.
- Why Italy, Land Of Pasta And Pane, Is A Gluten-Free Paradise
July 30 2014 5:38 AM
In Italy, gluten-free isn't a fad diet. It's a serious issue for 'Celiacos.' That's why it's a great place to take kids.
- Ancient Astronomy Lab Uncovered By Archaeologists In Peru
July 26 2014 10:08 PM
Peruvian archaeologists found carvings that depict the stars and have lasted thousands of years.
- Check Out These Photos Of The World’s First Indoor City
July 09 2014 11:25 AM
The 48 million-square-foot structure in Dubai will include the world's largest mall, hotels, theaters and a theme park.
- July Fourth Fireworks: Here Are The Six Best Shows
July 03 2014 1:27 PM
East Coast, West Coast and in between, these six cities know how to celebrate Independence Day with some of the most spectacular fireworks.
- 8 Great Travel Destinations Of The Near Future
April 02 2014 7:14 AM
Right now, they’re undeveloped islands, noisy construction sites and dreams that exist only on computers.
- Malaysian Tourism Drops As Search For Jet Continues
March 26 2014 9:52 PM
Many Chinese travelers are canceling trips to Malaysia as investigators search for Flight MH370.
- No Politics, Just Cats: Istanbul's Friendly Strays [SLIDESHOW]
March 26 2014 9:00 AM
Turkey goes to the polls on Sunday for a vote being watched the world over. The many, many cats of its biggest city are unconcerned.
- The Men Who March Into Volcanoes To Dig Out Sulfur
March 11 2014 5:42 AM
Java’s death-defying sulfur miners are the last of a dying breed that once worked volcanoes from Chile to New Zealand and Italy.
- Where Expats Flock To ‘Eat, Pray, Love’
March 05 2014 5:35 AM
Ever since “Eat, Pray, Love” put Ubud, Bali, on the map, it’s been something of a sponge soaking up lost souls.
- The Bones That Forever Changed Australia’s History
March 04 2014 2:01 PM
“Mungo Man” emerged from the Australian Outback 40 years ago this week, but his story is very much unfinished.
- The 20 Places Every American Should Visit
February 21 2014 5:59 AM
Three weeks ago we asked you to vote for the places every American should visit. Now, we're back with the results.
- How Morocco Is Prospering As A Tourist Destination
February 19 2014 6:22 AM
As security concerns hurt tourism in much of North Africa, Morocco has emerged as the “safe” way to visit the region – and it's making the most of it.
- 5 Winter Olympics Host Cities You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
February 18 2014 6:50 AM
Never heard of Sochi until a few months ago? Don’t worry; you’re not alone.
- What Makes Melbourne The Most ‘Liveable’ City In The World?
February 14 2014 6:18 AM
The man behind the Economist Intelligence Unit’s annual “liveability” report is the first to admit that “liveability” is a hard word to define.
- Vote: What Are The Places Every American Should Visit?
January 29 2014 6:51 AM
We here at International Business Times are looking to put together the ultimate U.S. bucket list, and we need your help.
- The 20 US Cities Foreigners Visit Most
January 28 2014 6:21 AM
International tourists love Florida and California, but it's cities in two other states that were the most popular in 2013.
- How To Visit The Most Extreme Places On Earth
January 24 2014 6:10 AM
Next time you complain about the frigid temperatures, save a tear for Oymyakon, Russia, the coldest inhabited place on earth.
- Wine In Texas? That’s Right, Y’all!
January 15 2014 6:17 AM
Wine Enthusiast just released its list of top wine travel destinations for 2014, and several of its picks may surprise you.
- Where Ice, Lights And Chinese Ambition Collide
January 05 2014 10:26 PM
What do you get when you arm 7,000 artists with 4 million cubic feet of ice and task them with creating a winter wonderland?