Her father, billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, sealed the deal on the 15 Central Park West property this week. The property belonged to former Citigroup chairman Sandy Weill and is 6,744-sq-ft. It was listed in November and promises are that the proceeds will be donated to charity, Forbes reported.
One things is for certain, Ekaterina Rybolovleva does know how to make an entrance and now that she is here, meet her. Here are some interesting things to know about the heiress as reported by Forbes.
1. She is 22 years old.
2. She is studying at an undisclosed U.S. university.
3. She plans to stay in the apartment when visiting New York.
4. She paid the full asking price of $88 million for the property, setting a record for highest individual transaction in New York City history.
5. She was born in Russia.
6. She is a resident of Monaco.
7. She has lived in Monaco and Switzerland for the past 15 years.
8. Her new apartment has 10 rooms including four bedrooms, a wraparound terrace of more than 2,000 sq. feet, four bedrooms and two wood burning fireplaces.
9. She is the second daughter of a billionaire to make huge real estate news last year. Remember heiress Petra Ecclestone, daughter of UK Formula One billionaire Bernie Ecclestone? Last year, she reportedly paid $85 million for Spelling Manor, the 56,500-square foot mansion previously owned by Candy Spelling, the widow of TV producer Aaron Spelling.
10. Her father sold the majority of his stake in Uralkali, a fertilizer business that made him rich, for $6.5 billion in 2010.
11. Her father is said to be the 93rd richest man.