While the mother of a missing Brooklyn boy mourns her loss, the alleged killer's ex-wife is shocked that her former husband Levi Aron is arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of Leiby Kletzky.

I am in shock. I am not believing this, Debbie Kivel, 34, told The New York Post. He loved children. He loved kids. My kids are now 13 and 10, but when we were married they were younger - and he loved them.

Aron and Debbie Kivel married in 2006 after meeting online. The couple lived in Tennessee with Kivel's two children, and they were married for a year.

A clash of character caused their breakup as Kivel claims that everyone loved Levi, he never had a problem with anyone.

Kivel said she recently spoke with Aron who seemed like himself.

But her father Michael, who was also interviewed by the New York Post, had something different to say.

He was creepy person, he said.I gather he went to the Hebrew School, but wasn't smart enough and dropped out.  Mr. Kivel declined to elaborate further.

Aron was arrested Wednesday morning on the suspicion that he kidnapped and murdered Kletzky, 8. Police nabbed Aron at his Kensington apartment, and said he made statements implicating himself in Kletzky's death. Aron allegedly pointed police towards his kitchen when they questioned him on the boy's whereabouts.

Police found the eight-year-old's dismembered remains, along with three bloody knives and a cutting board, in Aron's freezer. Other body parts police believe belong to Kletzky were found in a red suitcase that was tossed into a nearby dumpster.

Kletzky was returning from day camp in Brooklyn and was to meet his mother close by. However, he never showed up at the meeting spot. It was the first time Kletzky was given permission to walk part of the way. It is believed that the boy lost his way and had asked Aron for directions.

There's a surveillance video showing Kletzky talking with Aron, who leaving a dentist's office. Police later tracked the dentist to his New Jersey home where they were able to get Aron's address from office records.

The video didn't show what exactly took place following the boy's encounter with Aron, but detectives have confirmed that Kletzky  did go into Aron's 1990 Honda Accord.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly has said he believes Aron may not have intended to kill the Kletzky, And there isn't any explanation why Aron took the boy to begin with.

He panicked, and that is why he killed the boy.  Kelly believes the large search that resulted from the boy's disappearance spooked Aron to kill Kletzky.

Aron is a stock clerk at the Empire State Supply Co. hardware store on McDonald Avenue in Kensington. A co-worker told a local Brooklyn news outlet that Aron showed up to work on Tuesday and appeared completely normal.

I can't believe this, he said. He was a strange guy, but he was here yesterday and he was fine after killing this little boy.