That’s a wrap. Fashion month is officially over.
Paris Fashion Week concluded Wednesday, bringing the spring/summer 2017 ready-to-wear collections to a close. While the season saw a wonderful display of collections emerge from designers in New York, London and Milan, fashion's crème de la crème, from Givenchy to Chanel, were a beautiful way to cap a month's worth of shows.
The past nine days of PFW also saw some attention-grabbing headliners – both on and off the runway. Olivier Rousting proclaimed that the days of the “Balmain Army” were o-v-e-r; a tribute was paid to the late designer Sonia Rykiel at the brand’s first show since her passing, and Kim Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint.
Here is a recap of the nine most memorable moments from Paris Fashion Week.
1. Chanel Does Fashion Tech: The theme of this season’s show was Chanel’s World Wide Web, where classic tweed Chanel suits got a tech-savvy, millennial overhaul. The show was even opened by two models wearing Daft Punk-esque robot suits, dubbed “Coco Robos.”
2. Vitalii Sediuk Gets Handsy. Again: Known for grabbing, kissing and otherwise accosting celebrities at red carpet events, media personality Sediuk attempted to grab Kim Kardashian’s behind as she was leaving Balmain offices. Sediuk was also responsible for picking up model Gigi Hadid as she left the Max Mara show during Milan Fashion Week. Deemed the “serial prankster,” Sediuk quickly solidified his status as most-despised fashion week attendee after the internet went into overdrive defending Kardashian and Hadid.
3. … Speaking Of Kim: The reality star made headlines when she was robbed at gunpoint after leaving a Fashion Week event in the Marais section of Paris. Roughly $9 million worth of jewelry was stolen from her, The New York Times reported Monday. The following day, mayor Anne Hidalgo extended her sympathies to Kardashian West in a statement: “I condemn the attack Kim Kardashian suffered last night in her hotel,” Hidalgo wrote (via the New York Times), “She has my support and will always be welcome here in Paris.”
4. Olivier Rousting Gives "Balmain Army" The Boot: Arguably one of the most highly anticipated shows of the season, Olivier Rousting’s Balmain SS17 collection was deemed “a tribute to femininity” by the designer. Rousting bid farewell to the famous “Balmain Army” theme, and wrote in a letter to attendees, “My Balmain army has shed its armor,” according to Elle.
5. Karlie Kloss Cuts Her Bangs: It might just be hair, but getting a haircut is newsworthy when it’s a part of your career. Model Karlie Kloss recently debuted a new do’ during the Paris collections and took to Instagram to show off her new bangs and shoulder-grazing haircut.
6. Justin O’Shea Departs Brioni: Justin O’Shea, who stepped into the role of the Italian menswear brand’s creative director position just six months ago, exited the brand which was confirmed Tuesday. O’Shea, the former fashion director of German e-commerce site MyTheresa, stepped into the position having no prior design experience (the appointment was celebrated by the industry). The fashion world still awaits Brioni’s next move, according to The New York Times.
7. The Dance Party At Stella McCartney: A choreographed dance party went down at the Stella McCartney show, which was likely one of the most Snap-chatted events of Paris Fashion Week.
8. Sonia Rykiel Is Remembered: The French designer, who passed away in August was memorialized in her namesake brand’s SS17 show (Julie de Libran is the current designer). Models wore their hair red, in tribute to Rykiel's signature hair, and wore lettered sweaters that spelled out "Rykiel Forever."
9. A-List, On And Off The Runways, At Givenchy: Designer Ricardo Tisci did not shy away from a star-studded event for his SS17 show -- Kim Kardashian West, Courtney Love and daughter Frances Bean Cobain, and Gigi Hadid and boyfriend Zayn Malik all sat front row, while Joan Smalls, Kendal Jenner and Lea T walked the runways.