Country singer Taylor Swift won the artist of the year award at the American Music Awards for the second time.
Along with the top honor, Swift also bagged the AMA award for favorite Female Country Artist for the second time in a row, and for the best country album with her Speak Now.
However, it was the London-born singer Adele, who was the most-nominated singer with four nods. Adele won three trophies for female pop artist, best album with smash hit 21 and top adult contemporary performer.
This is one of the craziest things that have ever happened to me, Swift said after beating Adele, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to bag all three awards that she was nominated for at Sunday's ceremony. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say. I did not think this was going to happen.
Below is the complete list of winners at the 39th annual American Music Awards, presented at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles:
- Adult Contemporary Artist: Adele
- Alternative Rock Artist: Foo Fighters
- Contemporary Inspirational Artist: Casting Crowns
- Country Female Artist: Taylor Swift
- Country Male Artist: Blake Shelton
- Country Band, Duo or Group: Lady Antebellum
- Country Album: Taylor Swift, Speak Now
- Latin Music Artist: Jennifer Lopez
- Pop/Rock Female Artist: Adele
- Pop/Rock Male Artist: Bruno Mars
- Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group: Maroon 5
- Pop/Rock Album: Adele, 21
- Rap/Hip-Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj
- Rap/Hip-Hop Album: Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday
- Soul/R&B Female Artist: Beyonce
- Soul/R&B Male Artist: Usher
- Soul/R&B Album: Rihanna, Loud.
- Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift
- New Artist of the Year: Hot Chelle Rae