- Actor R. Lee Ermey claimed insurance company Geico canned him from their commercials for criticizing President Barack Obama.
'2016: Obama's America' Outpaces 'Expendables 2', 'The Bourne Legacy' For Highest Per Screen Average In $6.3-Million Weekend Box Office HaulAfter its expansion to as many as 1,091 screens, the controversial "2016: Obama's America" has stunned Hollywood this weekend by taking in an estimated $6.3 million - the highest per-screen average of any major release.
- Mitt Romney's official coronation as the Republican Party's presidential nominee will be delayed by Mother Nature, and it could be an obstacle for the big-picture goal of the Republican National Convention.
- Sunday morning's talk show circuit featured a particularly matronly streak, with abortion, birth and Mother Nature dominating most of the political punditry's attention. The talk shows rolled into the day amid the continuing fallout over Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment and Mitt Romney's "birth certificate" comment.
- Two members of the Russian all-girl punk band Pussy Riot have fled the country, according to a Twitter statement from the group on Sunday.
RNC Attracts Thousands To Florida Braving Hurricane Isaac Threat; Puts Spotlight On Mitt Romney, Paul RyanEven as Tropical Storm Isaac managed to reschedule the Republican National Convention (RNC) to Tuesday August 28, the excitement in Tampa, Florida remains unabated as thousands gear up to host the Convention that puts spotlight on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan.
- Both Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney expressed sorrow at the news that Neil Armstrong, an American hero, died Saturday. Armstrong had previously criticized Obama for canceling scheduled explorations into space.
- Generally one to stay away from the birther movement, presumptive GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Friday reminded his hometown crowd just where he was from. Appearing to take a poke at President Barack Obama, Romney told the crowd, "No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised."
- In the wake of the 2010 Citizens United ruling, political action committees that did not directly make contributions to political candidates were granted unlimited fundraising power. The super PAC was born. Now, after years of corporate donations and televised attack ads, there's a new super PAC in town: Hall and Oates Fans for America.
- Newly-released documents confirm criticisms of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s road to enduring riches. What emerges is a system that exploits several weaknesses in tax laws regarding overseas investments, as well as backdoor methods of swapping assets behind the government’s back. How politically damning any of this may be remains to be seen. But in the case of the Bain files, we know being “Romney Rich” isn’t simple. But it’s a lot more profitable than working a 9-to-5 with a...
- Lubbock County Judge Tom Head became the talk of the Internet on Thursday, warning of a civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected. But he isn't the only Texas official to have made an outrageous statement. President George W. Bush and Rick Perry are loaded with some of their own.
- In Florida, Ohio and Wisconsin, most voters do not want to see the kind of changes to Medicare proposed by the Romney-Ryan ticket.
- An unofficial gauge of human misery in the U.S. is now sitting at its lowest level in three years. Not four. In other words, while conditions have improved somewhat, Americans are still feeling miserable under President Barack Obama's watch and that obviously doesn't bode well for Obama's re-election chances.
- All told, the number of ‘fat’ Americans far surpasses those of any racial, ethnic or religious minority.
- Is Denzel Washington dead? No. But the veteran actor is the latest victim of a death hoax orchestrated by Twitter. Washington, star of "Man on Fire" and "Malcolm X," is alive and well.
- “2016: Obama’s America,” opens for wide release on Friday, just in time for the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. Much to the delight of the right-wing pundits who have been heavily promoting it over the last month, the film has sold more advance tickets than any other movie on Fandango.
- World, please welcome littlefacemitt, a collection of photos of GOP hopeful Mitt Romney's face shrunken within his head.
- When CNN's Peter Hamby tweeted earlier this month that Rep. Paul Ryan told Milwaukee magazine he once had a black girlfriend, that biographical tidbit piece was sure to draw notice. So has a new Obama biography.