Articles by New York
- What Is Labor Day 2012? Top Sales From Lowes, Walmart, And More; A Brief History Of The Holiday
September 03 2012 11:43 AM
Labor Day 2012 is finally here, marking the end of summer and bringing in the autumn season. The national holiday is a time for a lazy break from work, a final summer barbeque and major retail sales.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: How Samsung's Strategy Influenced Its Current Position In South Korea
September 03 2012 4:41 AM
Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Crude Oil Futures Decline After China Manufacturing Data
September 03 2012 12:49 AM
Crude oil prices declined in Asia Monday as sentiment was dampened after reports indicated a sharp slowdown in the Chinese manufacturing activity in August.
- Kate Hudson Calls Lea Michele A 'Total Diva' On Set Of 'Glee'
September 02 2012 4:59 PM
Kate Hudson allegedly found Lea Michele to be a "total diva" on the set of the popular Fox television dramedy "Glee." It's not the first time Michele has faced an accusation of behaving like a diva, but it is somewhat shocking this time around because it was made by the famously laid-back Hudson.
- NFL NEWS: 2012 NFC East Preview, Prediction, Who Takes It: Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins?
September 02 2012 3:53 PM
The NFC East is up for grabs, but all three teams face difficult schedules.
- Report: Equity Firms, Including Bain, Probed For Turning Fees Into Funds To Lower Tax Burdens
September 02 2012 1:50 PM
The country's largest private equity firms are being investigated on suspicion of finagling themselves out of paying taxes by turning fees into fund investments.
- 50 Cent Not Dead, Rumor Arose After His Manager Chris Lighty's Passing
September 02 2012 10:58 AM
Rapper 50 Cent is alive despite persistent rumors to the contrary on Twitter and throughout the Internet. The incorrect news that he had passed away came about in the wake of the death of his manager Chris Lighty.
- Iran Deepens Ties With North Korea; Says Agreement Brought The Nations With 'Common Enemies' Closer
September 02 2012 5:06 AM
Iran and North Korea announced expansion of bilateral ties Saturday after reaching a scientific and technological cooperation agreement which, according to Iran's Supreme Leader Sayyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei, has brought the two countries with "common enemies" closer.
- Seal Criticizes Heidi Klum For 'Fornicating' With Martin Kristen
September 01 2012 5:43 PM
Heidi Klum, who rose to fame as the host of "Project Runway," is reportedly dating Martin Kristen, her bodyguard, before her divorce with Seal is finalized. Seal told TMZ he wouldn't have expected Klum to "fornicate with the help."
- President Obama Releases Beer Recipe For White House Homebrew Beers
September 01 2012 5:08 PM
Ever since President Barack Obama revealed that he commissioned the White House kitchen to create a homebrewed beer for the White House, beer enthusiasts have been going nuts wondering what the recipe is, even going as far as setting up an online petition. Now, the White House has responded and released its recipe for presidential Honey Ale and Honey Porter beer.
- Now Paul Ryan Is Lying About His Marathon Time, As Well As In His RNC Speech
September 01 2012 4:30 PM
Though Republican Party vice president nominee U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan claimed in a radio interview that he once ran a marathon in under three hours, he was caught in his lie. His real best time is just over four hours. This inaccuracy comes on the heels of his speech at the Republican National Convention, which was riddled with falsehoods.
- Lockout Looms as Talks Between NHL and Players' Union Stall
September 01 2012 1:56 PM
The hockey season may not start on time due to a possible lockout.
- Does A UV Water Disinfection Plant Opening In New York Mean More Chlorine Added To Drinking Water?
August 31 2012 9:29 PM
New York will be opening the world's largest ultraviolet, or UV, drinking-water disinfection plant in a couple of months, Scientific American reported Friday.
- Justin Bieber Comes Under Fire For Unsafe Fake Gun Twitter Pics
August 31 2012 5:49 PM
Justin Bieber is apparently having some fun on the set of Selena Gomez's latest movie, "Feed the Dog." The pop star appeared there Thursday night and took several photogragphs of himself brandishing a prop gun in wildly unsafe manners, seemingly pretending to look tough.
- Miley Cyrus Gay Rumors Sweep Twitter After Evan Rachel Wood ?Jokes? About Her Haircut
August 31 2012 5:32 PM
Rumors that Miley Cyrus was gay ignited on Twitter after actress Evan Rachel Wood made a joke about her hairdo that wasn't well received by the mini-blogosphere, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton wrote.
- Newsweek?s Anti-Obama Cover Scores Big -- Is This The Only Way To Sell Magazines?
August 31 2012 4:16 PM
Newsweek set off a firestorm earlier this month when it published a divisive cover story by Niall Ferguson entitled "Hit the Road, Barack," in which the author claims that the Romney/Ryan ticket is our nation's only hope for prosperity.
- 'The Deaths That Launched A Thousand Blogs'
August 31 2012 4:04 PM
The 2007 suicides of Duncan and Blake posthumously captured the imaginations of countless people who had never heard of the couple but were haunted by images published in news stories and on the Web. Five years later, questions remain about the media coverage of their deaths,
- A Decade Too Late, Al Gore Calls For End To US Electoral College
August 31 2012 2:54 PM
In one of the less surprising developments of the week, it turns out Al Gore is not a big fan of the U.S. electoral college.
- Eastwooding Meme Floods Web With People Pointing At Empty Chairs Like Clint Eastwood [PHOTOS]
August 31 2012 2:50 PM
Eastwooding is the latest meme to hit the Internet, with the web being deluged of photos of people pointing at empty chairs at a nod to the peculiar shtick used by actor Clint Eastwood last night at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
- How Much Is A Combination Of US Airways And American Airlines Worth?
August 31 2012 2:00 PM
American Airlines could go from being bankrupt to being part of the world's largest airline if a merger with US Airways, the fifth-largest domestic airline, goes through.