- This past weekend, Hollywood studios received bad news. The number of tickets sold during Hollywood's all-important summer season -- the first week in May through Labor Day weekend -- shrank to 532 million in 2012. That's off 4 percent from last year and on track to be the lowest summer attendance in almost 20 years, according to preliminary estimates from Hollywood.com.
- Michael Strahan has officially replaced Regis Philbin as Kelly Ripa’s co-host for the newly retitled “Live with Kelly and Michael.” Here's a video of Rippa introducing the former Giants player.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross announced on Tuesday that they will be expanding their efforts in Syria with the help of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent to help the hundreds of thousands of displaced refugees. Meanwhile, the US drags its heels and the UN's efforts have amounted to nothing to stem the violence.
- Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- What famous faces were sitting front row at New York Fashion Week last season? View our gallery of celebrities sightings.
- It's been long reported that Apple's next big product event, which is said to unveil the new iPhone 5, a new "iPad Mini," and even new iPod and Mac models, will allegedly occur on Wednesday, Sept. 12. If company history repeats itself, it's possible that Apple will release the press invitations eight days prior to the event's date, either today (Tuesday) or Wednesday.
- Consider this a case of Hermès versus Louis Vuitton that doesn't involve trying to figure out which $3,000 designer handbag to buy.
- It comes as no surprise that celebrities, ranging from Nicki Minaj to Kim Kardashian and everyone in between, will make appearances at New York Fashion Week, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz. But could it be that Pippa Middleton, the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, will show up?
- Could Rex Ryan be fired if the Jets don’t make the playoffs? Tim Tebow and New York are set to begin the 2012 season on Sunday.
- Sheryl Crow may have provided incriminating evidence against Lance Armstrong in the USADA's probe into illegal doping charges, according to new reports.
US Open Tennis 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Djokovic, Roddick and Sharapova in Tuesday’s Action; PreviewWatch live coverage of day nine's play at the US Open, plus get a full preview of the pick of the action.
- Researchers found there was no difference in the amount of vitamins in plant or animal products produced organically and conventionally - and the only nutrient difference was slightly more phosphorous in the organic products.
- Chimeric and mosaic animals have starkly different kinds of cells in their bodies, sometimes resulting in breathtaking displays.
Griselda Blanco Dead At 69, Godmother Of Cocaine Killed In Columbia; Photos Of The Former Miami-Based Drug LordGriselda Blanco, a former drug lord for the Medellín Cartel and a pioneer in the Miami-based cocaine drug trade, was gunned down in Columbia by an assassin on Monday.
- Hacker group AntiSec released a set of over 1 million Apple Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs), which the group claimed to have obtained from a file found on an FBI laptop it allegedly breached in March.
- In July Microsoft fans got a glimpse of some back up options set to come with Windows Phone 8 when the SDK leaked, but until now there was no indication of how the options would work. But now, sources close to Microsoft have revealed more information about its plans for Windows Phone 8, reports The Verge.
- Labor Day 2012 is finally here, marking the end of summer and bringing in the autumn season. The national holiday is a time for a lazy break from work, a final summer barbeque and major retail sales.
- Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Crude oil prices declined in Asia Monday as sentiment was dampened after reports indicated a sharp slowdown in the Chinese manufacturing activity in August.