- Nicki Minaj raps endlessly about her stacks of money, expensive clothes, cars and all the other luxuries that come with being one of the most famous -- and overrated -- rappers on the planet. But despite that love of all things material, her bold-faced endorsement of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on the new Lil' Wayne mixtape shows that she's willing to put her vote where her Louis Vuitton purse is.
- Hubert Joly, the new CEO of Best Buy Co. Inc. (NYSE: BBY), is going to spend his first week on the job pulling the old king-as-commoner routine, donning the company's uniform and working a few of the showrooms.
- Banco Santander's announcement that it would be spinning off nearly one quarter of its Mexican unit in an initial public offering later this month was greeted by the markets as a seemingly win-win-win proposition. But the move by the large Spanish bank only highlights the increased dependence Iberian banks have had on their overseas branches over the past few years and how, in an effort to now package off those units and sell them, they could be killing the hen that's been laying the golde...
- The two assassins had approached the Colombian drug lord Griselda Blanco on motorcycles as she exited a butcher shop in Medellin, where they delivered two fatal bullets into her skull and left the 69-year-old's body lying in the street.
- This past weekend, Hollywood studios received bad news. The number of tickets sold during Hollywood's all-important summer season -- the first week in May through Labor Day weekend -- shrank to 532 million in 2012. That's off 4 percent from last year and on track to be the lowest summer attendance in almost 20 years, according to preliminary estimates from Hollywood.com.
- Michael Strahan has officially replaced Regis Philbin as Kelly Ripa’s co-host for the newly retitled “Live with Kelly and Michael.” Here's a video of Rippa introducing the former Giants player.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross announced on Tuesday that they will be expanding their efforts in Syria with the help of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent to help the hundreds of thousands of displaced refugees. Meanwhile, the US drags its heels and the UN's efforts have amounted to nothing to stem the violence.
- Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- What famous faces were sitting front row at New York Fashion Week last season? View our gallery of celebrities sightings.
- It's been long reported that Apple's next big product event, which is said to unveil the new iPhone 5, a new "iPad Mini," and even new iPod and Mac models, will allegedly occur on Wednesday, Sept. 12. If company history repeats itself, it's possible that Apple will release the press invitations eight days prior to the event's date, either today (Tuesday) or Wednesday.
- Consider this a case of Hermès versus Louis Vuitton that doesn't involve trying to figure out which $3,000 designer handbag to buy.
- It comes as no surprise that celebrities, ranging from Nicki Minaj to Kim Kardashian and everyone in between, will make appearances at New York Fashion Week, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz. But could it be that Pippa Middleton, the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, will show up?
- Could Rex Ryan be fired if the Jets don’t make the playoffs? Tim Tebow and New York are set to begin the 2012 season on Sunday.
- Sheryl Crow may have provided incriminating evidence against Lance Armstrong in the USADA's probe into illegal doping charges, according to new reports.
US Open Tennis 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Djokovic, Roddick and Sharapova in Tuesday’s Action; PreviewWatch live coverage of day nine's play at the US Open, plus get a full preview of the pick of the action.
- Researchers found there was no difference in the amount of vitamins in plant or animal products produced organically and conventionally - and the only nutrient difference was slightly more phosphorous in the organic products.
- Chimeric and mosaic animals have starkly different kinds of cells in their bodies, sometimes resulting in breathtaking displays.
Griselda Blanco Dead At 69, Godmother Of Cocaine Killed In Columbia; Photos Of The Former Miami-Based Drug LordGriselda Blanco, a former drug lord for the Medellín Cartel and a pioneer in the Miami-based cocaine drug trade, was gunned down in Columbia by an assassin on Monday.
- Hacker group AntiSec released a set of over 1 million Apple Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs), which the group claimed to have obtained from a file found on an FBI laptop it allegedly breached in March.