Articles by Thailand
- Bulgaria Blast: Suicide Bomber Killed Israeli Tourists, Officials
July 19 2012 7:52 AM
Seven died and a further 34 were injured in the blast which ripped through the bus in the tourist town of Burgas, Bulgaria.
- South China Sea: Indonesia Seeks To Unify ASEAN Opinion Split Under Chinese Pressure
July 19 2012 6:14 AM
Foreign ministers of Indonesia and Cambodia said the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, hoped to agree on a number of issues over the territorial dispute in South China Sea, after the recent rift which is believed to have been complicated by Beijing's influence on some of the member nations.
- Israel Accuses Iran Of Bus Bombing In Bulgaria
July 18 2012 9:34 PM
Israel accused Iran of carrying out a bomb attack that killed six people on a bus carrying Israeli tourists at a Bulgarian airport Wednesday, and vowed a stern response to Iranian terror.
- Ford Expands India Production to Hike Exports to Asia Pacific, Africa
July 18 2012 3:30 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is making moves to expand production in India to feed a growing export market in the company's Asia Pacific and Africa region.
- Top 10 Tour Of Cambodia: The Best Beaches, Natural Escapes And Cultural Hotspots
July 17 2012 5:26 PM
Steeped in history -- both spectacular and sordid -- Cambodia is the perpetual comeback kid.
- Gilead Wins First Approval Of Drug To Prevent HIV
July 17 2012 9:17 AM
Gilead Sciences Inc's Truvada was approved for people who are not yet infected but may engage in sexual activity with HIV-infected partners, a concept known as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Scientists See AIDS Vaccine Within Reach After Decades
July 16 2012 9:41 AM
A 2009 clinical trial in Thailand was the first to show it was possible to prevent HIV infection in humans. Since then, discoveries have pointed to even more powerful vaccines using HIV-fighting antibodies. Now scientists believe a licensed vaccine is within reach.
- Thailand: As Constitutional Court Toes The Line, Will Populists Ever Take Down The King?
July 13 2012 10:07 PM
As Thai citizens become increasingly involved in their country's political processes, the very presence of a dynastically appointed king begins to look more and more anachronistic.
- India's Growth Downgraded; ADB Forecasts 6.5 Percent
July 13 2012 4:23 AM
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) cut its growth forecasts for developing Asia on Thursday, saying financial and economic problems in Europe and the United States had cut demand for exports, although Southeast Asia remained a bright spot. China's economy was expected to grow 8.2 percent this year and India's 6.5 percent, Kuroda said.
- ASEAN Fails To Reach South China Sea Accord; Indonesia Slams Members, While U.S. And China Downplay Friction
July 13 2012 3:15 AM
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) failed to reach a common ground over the territorial tensions in South China Sea, resulting from the disagreements among the members, which a member nation Indonesia slammed as utterly irresponsible.
- The Secret War: Hillary Clinton Visits Laos, Where Hidden Bombs Still Burst
July 11 2012 2:43 PM
The story of U.S. involvement in Laos is much more complex than it seems -- the poor Asian country once played a vital role in one of the most regrettable U.S. military interventions of the 20th century.
- In Your Face, James Cameron: 4-D Movies Coming Soon to U.S. [VIDEO]
July 11 2012 12:10 PM
Welcome to 4-D, the latest technological leap in the evolution of movie theaters. The format employs a barrage of sensory effects to create a more immersive movie-going experience.
- Japan, World's Third Largest Economy, In The Stranglehold Of A Recession
July 09 2012 2:14 PM
Japan, which is still floundering from last year's earthquake-tsunami, is once again nearing a recession, economists say.
- Mick Jagger Biography Alleges Affairs With David Bowie And Carla Bruni, Love Triangle With Eric Clapton
July 09 2012 2:13 PM
Did he steal Eric Clapton?s girl?
- India's Generic Drug Healthcare Policy To Benefit Millions Of Poor Patients
July 07 2012 6:49 AM
The Indian government has taken a major step toward its ambitious vision of achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by initiating a $5.4-billion plan that would allow the government sector doctors to prescribe generic drugs to the patients free of cost.
- Emerging Markets Lose Their Sparkle, IMF Says
July 06 2012 2:40 PM
Hopes that emerging markets will lead the world out of the global economic slowdown are beginning to dim. Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), voiced her concerns over the strength of the global economy, emphasizing that emerging markets, which currently account for two-thirds of global growth, were showing signs of weakening.
- THE RETURN OF THE GOLD STANDARD
July 05 2012 9:20 AM
In my latest book, The Real Crash: America's Coming Bankruptcy - How to Save Yourself and Your Country, I devote a full chapter to the merits of the historical gold standard and reasons to reinstate it. What I did not mention and few investors notice is that central banks are already returning to gold as the ultimate safe haven asset.
- Samsung Ranked No. 1 Brand in Asia, Apple Tops In China: Survey
July 05 2012 3:17 AM
Samsung is the number one brand among Asian consumers, according to the Campaign Asia-Pacific 2012 Asia's Top 1000 Brands report.
- Nissan US Car Sales Soar In June
July 03 2012 3:10 PM
Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) June U.S. car sales rose 28.2 percent on gains for almost every model in the Nissan lineup.
- Toyota June US Car Sales Bounce Back 60 Percent
July 03 2012 11:39 AM
Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE: TM) June U.S. sales rose 60.3 percent compared to the year before, the company announced Tuesday.