- Only 8 of 100 top U.S. retailers have maintained double-digit sales growth for the previous two years, during a time of jobless recovery and staggered consumer confidence. And the winners are. . .
- Health insurance providers say they are prepared for the U.S. health care system changes upheld Thursday by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), the largest company on earth by stock-market value, again took the top spot in Barron's annual survey of corporate respect.
- The National Guestworker Alliance said Tuesday it has uncovered 482 federal citations for safety, health, wage and hour violations, among 12 of the 18 suppliers of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) that the organization has been investigating.
- The Dole Food Company has issued a precautionary recall involving 1,077 packages of bagged salads that were sold in six states at Wal-Mart and Kroger under those supermarket brands over possible listeria contamination, the California-based company announced.
- Most Americans are concerned about the public-health consequences of antibiotic overuse, even as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration drags its heels in developing regulations for the meat industry.
- The Amazon.com Inc. launch of AmazonSupply in April indicates the shift to online from offline commerce continues apace among industrial consumers, which increasingly prefer to buy goods electronically.
- The name Sears may bring to mind kitchen appliances or lawn and garden supplies, but now the retail chain is dipping its toes into a new venture: your vacations.
- Investors rushed on Monday to buy bonds in Mexico City-based retailer Controladora Comercial Mexicana SAB (Mexico: COMERUBC) after Costco announced it was buying back the 50 percent stake of its local unit held by Comerci.
If You're Anti-Guns Or Against Abortion And Pornography Or Don't Like Testing On Animals There's Always Socially Responsible InvestingOnce reserved for boutique funds catering to religious investors opposed to profiting from weapons, gambling, tobacco or alcoholic beverages, socially responsible investing today has a larger presence, with more assets under management than ever before.
- While JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon has been credited for a confident and feisty performance this week in front of Congress, he was careful to not criticize their efforts thus far to regulate the financial services industry. Given that JP Morgan has been on the receiving end of federal bailouts, this should not be surprising. Last week I showed no such reluctance when I testified in front of the Congressional House Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity. The fact that my firm i...
- Wal-Mart was accused Thursday of breaching food safety standards in China by selling sesame oil containing excessive amounts of benzopyrene and squid containing hazardous levels of cadmium, both chemicals classified as carcinogenic.
Aldolfo And Deborah Gomez Arrested For Binding And Blindfolding Their Children Outside Kansas Wal-MartA mother and father from a Chicago suburb are in police custody after they left their 5-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter bound and blindfolded outside a Wal-Mart in Lawrence, Kan. police said on Thursday.
- While JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon has been credited for a confident and feisty performance today in front of Congress, he was careful to not criticize their efforts thus far to regulate the financial services industry. Given that JP Morgan has been on the receiving end of federal bailouts, this should not be surprising. Last week I showed no such reluctance when I testified in front of the Congressional House Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity. The fact that my firm is un...
- Wal-Mart lawyers have identified India, China, South Africa, Brazil and Mexico as the most corrupt countries, according to a letter from two congressmen investigating the bribery charges leveled against the company.
- As expected, Apple unveiled iOS 6 during the keynote presentation for the 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. Nobody knew what Apple would include in its latest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, but with more than 200 new features added to the iOS platform, this is the most comprehensive update Apple has ever released to its mobile devices.
- Indian retail sector, which is one of the fastest growing in the world, is under immense pressure to allow the Foreign Direct Investment. With multi-national retail giants like Wal-Mart and CarreFour and foreign investors lobbying the government to throw open the retail sector, the government has made several futile attempts in the past two years to allow FDI in retail.
- Here's a window into how low the bad guys will stoop to steal retail inventory: Last week in California, 1,600 pounds of premium dog food, a $10,000 cargo on its way to feed animals at a local pet rescue facility, was stolen.
- Mexican guest workers filed Wednesday a U.S. Department of Labor complaint against CJ's Seafood, a Wal-Mart Stores supplier, alleging the company didn't pay overtime for long shifts, locked them in and made physical threats for not working fast enough.
- Giving is as good for your own soul as it is for the people you help. If you don?t have the cash, do what 43 percent of American?s do -- volunteer to help a non-profit that helps others.