- California Pension Fund Sues Wal-Mart, Alleging Bribery
May 04 2012 8:20 AM
The second largest U.S. public pension fund said on Thursday it had sued current and former executives and board members at Wal-Mart Stores Inc, alleging bribery and a cover-up in the company's expansion in Mexico.
- Man In Cow Suit Steals 26 Gallons Of Milk From Walmart, Crawls On All Fours Out Of Store
April 30 2012 3:47 PM
An 18-year-old man dressed in a cow cuit lugged 26 gallons of milk out of a Wal-Mart without paying for them. To boot, the thief crawled on all fours out of the store.
- Wall Street Gains But Exxon And Aetna Drop
April 26 2012 2:14 PM
Stocks advanced in choppy trade on Thursday as another batch of positive earnings and a strong housing report put equities on track for a third straight day of gains.
- Apple (AAPL) Earnings Report Date Q2 2012: Transcript Of The Conference Call Q&A Session [FULL TEXT]
April 24 2012 7:35 PM
For the 19th time in the last 20 quarters, Apple reported sales that exceeded Wall Street's estimates. Not bad for a company started out of a garage. On Tuesday, Apple followed-up its most successful quarter in company history with its Q2 2012 financial results.
- SEC Probes Movie Studios Over Dealings In China
April 24 2012 3:28 PM
U.S. regulators are investigating major U.S. movie studios' dealings with China as the entertainment companies try to get a greater foothold in one of the fastest-growing movie markets in the world.
- US Stock Futures Edge Higher, Apple To Report Results
April 24 2012 7:49 AM
Stock index futures crept higher on Tuesday after sharp market losses in the previous session but continued concerns about Europe's debt crisis could mean gains will be slight.
- US Stock Index Futures Signal Bounce; TI Eyed
April 24 2012 5:14 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Wall Street on Tuesday, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.37 percent, Dow Jones futures up 0.35 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures up 0.48 percent at 4:35 a.m. EDT.
- Gold, Silver and Oil Price Summary
April 24 2012 3:50 AM
US Gold futures prices finished pit trade lower, marking a fresh 2-wk low Monday. The Key outside markets were Bearish precious metals, as the USD index was firmer and Crude Oil prices were weaker. Jun Gold last traded off 10.00 at 1,632.80 oz. Spot Gold was last quoted -10.10 at 1,632.75 oz. May Comex Silver last traded off 1.036 at 30.615 oz.
- US Lawmakers Launch Wal-Mart Bribery Investigation
April 23 2012 3:28 PM
Two Democratic lawmakers on Monday said they are launching an investigation into allegations of bribery at Wal-Mart Stores Inc's Mexican affiliate.
- Wal-Mart Mexican Bribery Scandal: How Much Will This Cost For The Retail Powerhouse?
April 23 2012 1:51 PM
The sinking of Wal-Mart's stock after the Mexican Bribery Scandal, cost the retail powerhouse $4.5 Billion. The loss comes after its investors watched as the companies Mexican subsidiary tried to cover up accusations of corruption in their growth practices.
- Europe Anxiety Spurs Sharp Drop; Wal-Mart Slides
April 23 2012 12:14 PM
Stocks slid on Monday as resurgent uncertainty in Europe cast doubts on the bloc's ability to push through measures to end its debt crisis, while Wal-Mart weighed on the Dow after a report it stymied a probe into bribery allegations.
- Wall Street Tumbles 1 Percent On Europe Woes
April 23 2012 10:21 AM
Stocks fell more than 1 percent on Monday as renewed anxiety over Europe's economy and the region's debt crisis spurred profit-taking, while Wal-Mart weighed on the Dow after a report it stymied a probe into bribery allegations.
- Wall Street Slides At Open, Wal-Mart Drops
April 23 2012 9:42 AM
Stocks opened sharply lower on Monday on weak European data and renewed anxiety over how the region would tackle its debt crisis, while Wal-Mart slumped after a report it stymied a probe into bribery allegations.
- US Stock Futures Point To Sharply Lower Open On Europe Woes
April 23 2012 9:28 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a sharply lower open on Monday on weak European data and renewed anxiety over how the region would tackle its debt crisis, while Wal-Mart slumped after a report it stymied a probe into bribery allegations.
- Pre-market Movers (RDEA, AMLN, SVNT, AMRN, DHI, ACHN, SGOC, K, WMT, X)
April 23 2012 8:37 AM
The companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trade Monday are: Ardea Biosciences, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Savient Pharmaceuticals, Amarin Corp, DR Horton, Achillion Pharmaceuticals, SGOCO Group, Kellogg Co, Wal-Mart Stores and United States Steel Corp.
- Europe Anxiety Drives Down Futures, Wal-Mart Slides
April 23 2012 8:35 AM
Stock index futures slid on Monday on renewed anxiety over how Europe would tackle its sovereign debt crisis while Wal-Mart shares fell after a report about a stymied probe into bribery allegations.
- US Stock Futures Down On Europe Concerns, Wal-Mart Drops
April 23 2012 8:00 AM
Stock index futures were sharply lower on Monday as political uncertainty in Europe raised new questions about how effectively the region would tackle its sovereign debt crisis.
- US Stock Futures Signal Lower Wall Street Open
April 23 2012 5:28 AM
U.S. stock futures pointed to a lower open for equities on Wall Street on Monday, with futures for the S&P 500, the Dow Jones and the Nasdaq 100 falling 0.8 to 0.9 percent.
- Wal-Mart Shares Slump in Pre-Market as Retailer Hit By Bribery Scandal In Mexico
April 23 2012 2:33 AM
New York Times says Wal-Mart suppressed an investigation into an extensive bribery campaign carried out by top executives of its Mexican subsidiary
- Bill Ackman And Sam Zell On Turnarounds, Opportunities And Success
April 20 2012 7:06 PM
Bill Ackman and Sam Zell spoke Thursday at the NYU Shack Institute's annual REIT conference.