On Tuesday, Nov. 11, restaurants across the U.S. will be honoring veterans and active duty personnel with free food. Before claiming your freebies, keep in mind that those wishing to redeem offers at participating restaurants must show proof of their military service at each establishment.
Unless otherwise noted, all offers are valid only on Nov. 11. Without further ado, below is our list of 22 restaurants where veterans will be honored for their service on Veterans Day 2014.
- Applebee's: Free entrée as part of its "Thank You Movement." The offer is valid from open to close for dine-in service from a limited menu at participating locations. Beverages and tips are not included.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Free entrée from its limited pizza, salad and pasta menu. The offer is valid for dine-in customers only.
- Bob Evans: Free stacks of all-you-can-eat hotcakes at participating locations.
- Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut of any variety and a free small coffee at participating locations. (Connecticut and casino locations will not be participating.) No purchase is necessary, but customers are required to pay the sales tax. No ID is required.
- Sizzler: Free lunch and beverage at participating restaurants. The offer ends at 4 p.m., and diners must choose between three menu options -- a 6oz steak, Malibu chicken or a half-dozen fried shrimp.
- Red Lobster: Through Nov. 13, Veterans, active duty and active serving military, as well as reservists, can receive a free select appetizer. Menu items include dishes such as lobster-crab-and-seafood-stuffed mushrooms, sweet chili shrimp and many more.
- Hurricane Grill & Wings: Free meal (from a limited menu) and a nonalcoholic beverage. Items include grilled chicken Caesar salad, 10 of its fresh, never frozen, wings, burger sliders and more. The offer is valid at participating locations only.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt: Free six-ounce frozen yogurt, and an unlimited number of its 70-plus toppings.
- Hooters: Free entree (up to a $10.99 value, including a drink purchase). Menu items include its famous wings, salads, sandwiches, seafood dishes and more. Veterans who share photos of their visit on social media, using the hashtag #LetFreedomWing, have a chance of being featured on Hooters’ Instagram page.
- Denny’s: Free "Build Your Own Grand Slam" breakfast at locations nationwide. This offer is valid from 5 a.m. until noon.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise: Free All-American burgers with fries. To redeem this offer, guests must purchase a drink valued at $1.99 or more.
- Friendly’s: Free breakfast, lunch or dinner. The breakfast menu item is a "Big-Two-Do" (choice of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes or french toast). A complimentary cup of coffee will also be included. Lunch and dinner patrons will receive an All-American burger, fries and either a soda, iced-tea or hot beverage.
- Golden Corral: The chain will celebrate Military Appreciation Day on Monday, Nov. 17 by serving free meals at locations nationwide 5 p.m. through 9 p.m.
- Lone Star Steakhouse: Free Texas rose, potato skins, spinach and artichoke dip, fried green beans or spicy white queso dish. Only one offer per table allowed. Offer is valid all day for dine-in customers only.
- Red Robin: Free tavern double burger with bottomless steak fries. This offer is valid for dine-in customers only, and it excludes Red Robin Burger Works restaurants.
- Famous Daves: Free meal consisting of one meat, one corn muffin and one side. The offer does not include dessert, a beverage or an appetizer. Only one "Meat Salute" meal per military member is allowed.
- IHOP: Free red, white and blue pancakes with whipped cream, blueberry and strawberry toppings. Some locations will include eggs, bacon and hash browns with their complimentary meals. This offer is valid from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. only.
- On the Border: Free create your own combo “choose 2” or “choose 3” meal. This offer is not valid in Nevada. Only a limited number of locations in California will be participating this Veterans Day.
- TGI Friday’s: Free lunch from a select menu. This offer is only valid from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for dine-in customers at select locations.
- Olive Garden: Free entrée from a limited menu available all day at each of its nationwide locations.
- Spaghetti Warehouse: Dine-in customers can buy one lasagna or original recipe spaghetti and meatballs meal and get one for free. The meal is also served with sourdough bread and your choice of a soup or salad for lunch/dinner. This coupon is needed to redeem this offer.
- Texas Roadhouse: Free lunch from a limited menu which includes a six-ounce sirloin steak, country-fried chicken, pulled pork and more. A complimentary Coca-Cola product beverage, iced/sweet tea or coffee is also included. This offer is available for dine-in customers only.
For more Veterans Day 2014 freebies, including details on discounted theme park admission tickets, store coupons and special hotel rates, click here.