Nearly a week after 20-year-old, self-proclaimed “pothead princes” Kayla Mendoza allegedly killed two young women in a late-night car crash, the Mendoza family has offered their first public comments. According to the family, Mendoza’s Twitter account, which was used to tweet “2 drunk 2 care” just hours before the collision, had been hacked.
2 drunk 2 care
â€” Kaila Mendoza (@highimkaila) November 17, 2013
Continue Reading Below
“It’s heinous, and whoever hacked it is very sad, that they would post such annoying comments,” Massey said.
Mendoza is alleged to have driven the wrong way on the Sawgrass Expressway outside of Miami, where her Hyundai Sonata crashed head-on with a Toyota Camry around 1:45 a.m. on Saturday. The collision killed Marisa Catronio and Kaitlyn Ferrante, both 21.
Many of the details surrounding the collision are unknown, and Mendoza has not been charged with a crime.
Massey said the fraudulent tweets made by a hacker, which repeatedly reference drug use, have already condemned Mendoza in the court of public opinion.
"People need to know that she's no monster," Massey told the Miami New Times. "I've known her my whole life, and people are trying to make her look like a junkie. She's a respectable, honest, loving person."
In addition to tweeting things like “2 drunk 2 care” on the night of the accident on “2 high 2 care” on Nov. 12, the supposed hacker tweeted pictures of marijuana and self-portraits of Mendoza.