Jim Gordon and Bruce Wayne were finally able to shut down Hugo Strange and Indian Hill in Fox’s “Gotham” Season 2 finale. But Strange’s human experiments have now been unleashed into the world, thanks to Fish Mooney's escape from Arkham Asylum with a busload of the horrible creatures. The monsters are now roaming the streets, and Gotham City might never be the same.
New stories were introduced in the Season 2 finale that left viewers wondering what’s in store for Season 3 when the show returns in the fall. Here are seven questions that need to be answered following the action-packed ending of Season 2:
1. Who is that Bruce Wayne lookalike? “Gotham” Season 2 ended with a shocking scene with a character that looked just like Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz), except with long black hair. He thanked a homeless woman for letting him and the rest of Strange’s creatures out of the bus they were trapped in. ComicBook.com said the character is likely to have some sort of connection to the Court of Owls. He could be Thomas Wayne Jr. or a resurrected Talon, an assassin who does the Court of Owls' bidding. The secret society could have also had Hugo Strange (BD Wong) create a different Bruce to take the place of the real one at some point. Whoever this character is, you can expect to see more of him in Season 3.
2. What will Jerome Valeska do when he returns? The last scene of the Season 2 finale hinted at a comeback for one the show’s most beloved villains. Jerome Valeska’s (Cameron Monaghan) laugh was heard as Strange’s subjects came out of the Arkham bus. The character, who many believe will become the Joker, was last seen being murdered by Theo Galavan (James Frain). Strange got hold of his body and was keeping him in Indian Hill. It now appears Valeska is back, but it’s unknown what his plan will be. Whatever it is, it won’t be good for Gotham City.
3. Will Lee and Jim Gordon get back together? After saving the city from Strange in the finale, Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) will now look to make things right with Lee (Morena Baccarin). The two haven’t seen each other since Gordon went to prison and she lost her baby while he was doing time. Gordon loves Lee, but felt too guilty to call or find her when he got out of jail. He’ll now look to find her after taking down Strange, but will he be too late to fix things with her?
4. Can Bullock and the GCPD stop the monsters? Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) is now the captain of the GCPD since Capt. Barnes (Michael Chiklis) is still recovering. He will now have to stop the monsters from running rampant in the city, but he’ll have to do it without Gordon for now. Gordon believes Bullock can handle it, but he has no idea what stepped off that bus and onto the Gotham City streets.
5. Can Bruce take down the Court of Owls? Bruce had thought that Strange was the person behind the murder of his parents, but he learned that there’s a secret society that not only runs Wayne Enterprises, but also controls Gotham City. Alfred (Sean Pertwee) thought he was done worrying about Bruce, but now he’ll have to help the young Wayne in his quest for answers. The Court of Owls are very dangerous people, and Bruce will need all of the help he can get to put a stop to them. But he doesn’t know who the Court of Owls is yet and will have to track down information about the organization that has been around for centuries.
6. What’s next for Fish Mooney? Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith) is back and more powerful than ever. She now has the ability to have people do what she wants just by touching them. She is free from Indian Hill and will look to get revenge on Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) after he killed her in the Season 1 finale. She made her return known in the Season 2 finale, but it’s unclear what her next move will be when she tries to take back the criminal underworld.
7. Have we seen the last of Hugo Strange? Strange was arrested in the finale after he had been untouchable for most of Season 2. He’s now behind bars, but his creations are on the loose. The Court of Owls had warned him not to let any of his experiments out into the world under any circumstances. Now the worst of the worst are out, so even if he manages to somehow get out of jail, the secret society could have a punishment waiting for the professor. However, Strange could be an important asset to the GCPD because he is one of the few people that knows exactly what they’ll be up against. They might use him to help them rid the streets of these powerful, evil creatures.