As far as Keith Thurman is concerned, a Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao match would be a waste of time, adding that it a fight no soul would want to see. Apparently, the comments come not long after MP Promotions president Sean Gibbons that a rematch between "One Time" and the "Pac-Man" are not in the cards.

Speaking to TMZ Sports, Thurman gave his take on a suggested Mayweather vs. Pacquiao rematch and said that it was something most would not want to see. And while he did not mention it, the previously undefeated boxer may be referring to the first encounter between the two future boxing Hall of Famers which failed to live up to its hype. The only winners were Mayweather and Pacquiao who earned millions from the fight which went down in May 2015. Money won that fight by unanimous decision at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"At the end to the day, nobody wants to see it," said Thurman in that interview.

Just recently, Gibbons said to the Philippine Star that Thurman had his chance and that their prime target right now is Mayweather Jr. And assuming that it fails to pan out, the names of Danny Garcia and Mikey Garcia were floated as possible next opponents for the eight-time division champion.

Thurman is eager to get back at Pacquiao, believing it should have been a draw. After the fight, he did admit that he wished he had more output and go toe-to-toe with the Filipino boxer but admitted that his conditioning and output was not enough against Pacquiao, the LA Times reported.

Looking ahead, Thurman may have to wait-and-see if a rematch does eventually happen. He joins Jeff Horn, someone who stunningly conquered Pacquiao with a controversial win on July 2017. And while both fighters had different results against the Filipino boxing icon, it seems that another chance will have to wait, at least for now.

Some feel that Thurman could be rushing a potential rematch before Mayweather chances his mind. But with Gibbons baring their next target opponents, Thurman will also have to hope and pray that the 40-year-old is still willing to enter the ring. At 30, there are calls for him to retire even if he has shown no plans of doing so for now.

Keith Thurman Keith Thurman held both the WBA and WBC welterweight titles before vacating the latter due to injury. In this picture, Thurman addresses the media during the 2018 Showtime Championship Boxing Event at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City, Jan. 24, 2018. Photo: Abbie Parr/Getty Images