• FBI determines no crime was committed in Bubba Wallace's noose incident 
  • Wallace is the only black NASCAR driver
  • He led calls to remove confederate flags from the racetracks

After the federal authorities announced Tuesday that no crime was committed in the case involving Bubba Wallace, there was immediate backlash from Wallace and some fans. Critics claimed that the incident was a hoax though there are no facts to support the allegations.

What is known, thus far, is a noose was discovered in Wallace’s garage stall Sunday, which is two weeks after he led calls for the removal of confederate flags from the racetrack. The discovery of the noose led to outrage, and an outpouring of support for Wallace as NASCAR said that it was a heinous act.

According to the New York Post, no fewer than 15 federal agents were summoned to investigate the incident. The noose they discovered was a small loop tied to the bottom of a rope on a garage door at the Talladega Superspeedway. It was presumably to make it much easier to raise and lower the door and it had been there since last October.

After two days of incendiary hysteria, NASCAR boss, Steve Phelps admitted there was no hate crime.

The FBI said that although the noose is now known to have been in garage No. 4 in 2019, no one could know that Wallace would be assigned to that number during the previous week.

NASCAR also admitted that the ‘noose’ in question was just a garage door pull, fashioned in the manner of a noose.

The team which represented Menard released a statement one of the workers recalled seeing the same pull-down rope in the same garage during the fall.

Tensions have been high in NASCAR since the sport banned the confederate flag at some of the events on June 10 in the wake of George Floyd protests.

Wallace indicated that he had been the target of backlash from critics who said the noose was a setup. He added that he was mad because people had been testing his character and the person that he was.

The race at the Talladega Superspeedway was postponed until Sunday because of thunderstorms. Dozens of drivers pushed Wallace’s car to the front of the field before the Monday race in act of solidarity.

NASCAR Pixabay