• Liverpool and Man City's league game ended in a 2-2 draw on Sunday
  • Liverpool are currently placed second in the league table
  • Man City came from behind twice to deny Liverpool a win at Anfield

Pep Guardiola backed Liverpool fans after one supporter spat at Manchester City’s staff member during their Premier League meeting at Anfield on Sunday. 

The Manchester City boss said that the alleged incident did not represent all the Liverpool supporters. The alleged incident is believed to have taken place during the celebrations for Phil Foden's equalizer in the 2-2 draw between the Premier League rivals.

"I'm pretty sure Liverpool FC will take measures for this guy. Liverpool is greater than this person. Liverpool in its history helps to make the sport better. Always, there are people that will do that. I am sure they will investigate it. Like when they smashed up our bus. It's always a pleasure coming to Anfield," Guardiola was quoted by Goal, as saying, in his post-match press conference on Sunday.

Guardiola also admitted that he was not aware of the incident initially as he did not witness it. 
"[The staff] told me but I didn't see it,” Man City boss Guardiola was quoted by BBC Sport after the 2-2 draw with Liverpool.

Manchester City have officially lodged a complaint with their opponents over the incident. While Liverpool have not reacted to the incident yet, the Merseyside club is investigating the incident and are looking at CCTV footage from that area of the ground, according to BBC Sport

Liverpool and Manchester City have won the last two Premier League titles respectively and their clash on Sunday was once again nothing short of being a thriller. Guardiola’s side came from behind twice to negate Liverpool’s lead. 

Manchester City crushed hapless Arsenal Manchester City are the reigning champions of the Premier League. Photo: AFP / Oli SCARFF

After a goalless first half, Sadio Mane opened the scoring of the match at Anfield before 21-year-old midfielder Foden netted an equalizer for Man City a few minutes later. Mo Salah dribbled through Manchester City’s defense to score an incredible goal and put the home side back in the lead. However,  Kevin de Bruyne denied Liverpool a win with his 81st-minute equalizer as the scoreline remained 2-2 till the final whistle.