KEY POINTS

  • Manchester United lost its Premier League bout against the Spurs, 6-1, earlier this month
  • Speculation has surfaced claiming Bruno Fernandes and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had an argument during that game
  • Fernandes slammed the rumors, saying this was an attempt to destabilize his squad

Losing 6-1 in its Premier League matchup against the Tottenham Hotspur has been difficult for Manchester United as it sparked rumors regarding the team. One speculation that has been denied by Bruno Fernandes was that he got into an argument with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Fernandes was reported to have been furious at half-time before he was taken out after the break during their recent loss, Goal reported.

It was a harsh defeat for the Red Devils as they were the ones who opened the scoring with a Fernandes penalty in the second minute. Despite the quick start, the Spurs retaliated with an offensive outburst, with Harry Kane and Heung-min Son both tallying a brace.

"There's been a lot of speculation about that," Fernandes told Sport TV after Portugal's 3-0 Nations League win over Sweden on Wednesday.

"First it was a discussion with teammates, as it did not stick, it was a discussion with only one team-mate [Victor Lindelof], as it did not stick now, it is the discussion with Solskjaer," the midfielder explained.

Fernandes clarified that these claims are not true and said he believes these reports are an attempt to disrupt the chemistry of the club.

"I believe it is a way to destabilize the group. What was said is in no way true," the 26-year-old shared.

"I was replaced at half-time, it is true, by technical option. The coach told me that the game was almost over and that we would have a lot of games ahead of us. Got it. I was not satisfied but said nothing that could harm the group," Fernandes added.

Throughout Fernandes’ stay with Manchester United, he’s served as one of the more consistent players of the club. He was a big signing earlier this year and has appeared in 26 games, netting 14 goals and tallying 10 assists.  

"Do not use my name, my colleagues, or the coach to make trouble at Manchester United," he said.

"The atmosphere is good and the team is ready to give an answer in the next game," Fernandes concluded.

The next Premier League bout for the Old Trafford-based squad is on Sunday against Newcastle.

Bruno Fernandes scored in the 100th minute to hand Manchester United a 3-2 win at Brighton Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes Photo: POOL / JOHN SIBLEY