KEY POINTS

  • Meghan Markle is said to make Met Gala 2020 her crowning glory
  • Archie's mom and Prince Harry are, reportedly, working hard to meet their needs as they start a new life in North America
  • Canada, allegedly, plans to stop paying for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's security once they resign from royal duties in April

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have become favorite subjects of criticisms since they first confirmed their relationship to the public in 2015. Things exacerbated when the couple after they, officially, tied the knot, on May 19, 2018. Meghan and Harry made headlines again after they revealed their decision to ditch the royal life for good in January.

At the moment, the parents of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor are said to be working hard to make ends meet as they start a new life in Vancouver Island, Canada. However, reports have it that things are not going as planned for them, especially after Queen Elizabeth prohibited the pair to use their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles as a brand name. Because of this, New Weekly Magazine reported that Meghan Markle is, currently, preparing for her revenge.

The entertainment news publication claimed that Prince Harry’s wife is very eager to show who the real Queen is in the upcoming Met Gala 2020. NW Magazine shared that the former “Suits” actress will be gracing the prestigious event as a guest of her close pal, Vogue U.K. editor Edward Enninful.

“Meghan and Edward have been plotting this for months. They both have points to prove. Edward wants to show Anna Wintour that she’s not the only one with celebrity clout – and of course, Meg wants to give the middle finger to the establishment that’s been suffocating her for the last two years – especially now the Queen has banned her and Harry from using their Sussex Royal label,” a tipster told the magazine.

“Meghan’s been through hell trying to leave that family. She wants to make a statement even the Queen can’t ignore. She and Edward are planning a fashion moment that will go down in history,” it continued. Should Meghan confirm her attendance, she would not be the first member of the royal clan to grace Met Gala. To recall, Princess Diana and Princess Beatrice, previously, hit the annual fashion event’s red carpet.

Meghan Markle has yet to comment on these claims. However, with NW Magazine’s history of publishing news stories based on the accounts of its phony and unreliable sources, this could just be another work of fiction waiting to be quashed. Hence, avid followers of the Duchess should take these unverified claims lightly until everything is proven true and correct.

Meanwhile, Insider shared that Canada would not pay for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s security costs when their resignation become effective in April. It was revealed that the country has been paying for the couple’s security since they arrived in November. Buckingham Palace has yet to release an official comment regarding this report.

Meghan Markle Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex is pictured attending a panel discussion convened by the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust on March 8, 2019 in London. Photo: Daniel Leal-Olivas - WPA Pool/Getty Images