The terror attacks that occurred in Paris on Friday night and killed more than 120 people caused high tensions at airports across Europe and other parts of the world. Long lines could be seen at Paris’ Charles De Gaulle airport, and amid concerns for safety, airport terminals have been evacuated and security has been increased at some airports.

While the Massachusetts State Police said it didn't perceive any specific threats to the state as of Saturday morning, it was working with the Commonwealth Fusion Center and the Joint Terrorism Task Force to monitor developments in the Paris attacks. State police said Saturday morning comprehensive security package was in place at Boston’s Logan Airport because of the Paris attacks.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates LaGuardia Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, and Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey, has also increased security at its sites as a result of what happened in Paris. The Port Authority was warning all travelers to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to police, Port Authority spokesman Neal Buccino said Saturday. [The Port Authority also operates the PATH rail system that carries riders between New York City and parts of northern New Jersey.]

“The Port Authority police are on heightened alert at all of the agency's bridge, tunnel, rail, World Trade Center and other facilities following today’s tragic attacks in Paris,” Buccino said. “Actions include increased patrols and checks of bags, buses, trucks and trains at agency locations.”

Russia has also stepped up transportation security. The country’s civil aviation authority has told airports to increase security, and the railroad network through Russia is also reported to be increasing security precautions, ABC News reported. Police in Hungary were also said to be increasing patrols at airports.

A terminal at Gatwick Airport, south of London, was evacuated after police said they recovered what appeared to be a firearm, according to the BBC. The terminal was closed for six hours, and police eventually arrested a 41-year-old man from France for discarding what appeared to be a firearm.



Police have said the man is being questioned and that it is too early to tell what his intentions were, there is a heightened security awareness because of the Paris terror attacks. At least one flight so far has been grounded after threats were made to blow it up.



An Air France flight from the Schiphol airport in Amsterdam was grounded because someone made a threat over Twitter. The plane was bound for Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris for Saturday, the Daily Mail reported. The flight is now expected to still embark for Paris, albeit a few hours later.