Bishop Nathan Kortu (left) of New Life Fellowship Church leads parishioners in prayer during a vigil for Thomas Eric Duncan at Wilshire Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, Oct. 8, 2014. The first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, Duncan died earlier this month. Reuters

When Thomas Duncan flew to the U.S. from Liberia in September, it was to marry his longtime girlfriend and fiancée, 54-year-old Louise Troh. Now, 12 days after Duncan died from Ebola at a hospital in Dallas, Troh will be released from quarantine, and she plans to write a book about her experience, according to CNN.

“I do have a story to tell, and I look forward to telling it in my own way at the right time,” Troh, who is a nurse’s assistant at a nursing home, said in a statement on Sunday. She added that even though the quarantine is over, she and her family “will not give any interview at this time.”

During the time Duncan was showing symptoms of Ebola, Troh checked Duncan’s vital signs before calling for an ambulance. He died Oct. 8. Troh was placed in quarantine after Duncan’s positive diagnosis, along with several other people who had contact with him. They spent much of their time in isolation talking to relatives on the outside, on laptops, playing video games and reading the Bible, according to Bloomberg.

She said she was saddened to hear that two of the nurses who treated Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital had become ill. “My beloved fiancé ... did not survive with us. ... Our hearts also go out to the two brave women who have been infected by this terrible disease as they were trying to help him,” she said.

The nurses Troh referred to are Nina Pham and Amber Vinson. Pham is being treated at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Vinson is at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. Troh also thanked Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins for their support.

Troh is the mother of Duncan’s 19-year-old son, Kasiah Duncan, a student at San Angelo State University, Texas. Troh and Kasiah came to the U.S. when he was 3 years old.