- Samsung Heavy To Absorb Samsung Engineering For $2.5B
September 01 2014 4:33 AM
Monday's deal, which caught investors by surprise, sent shares in both companies surging.
- German GDP Stumbles On Fears Of Ukraine War
August 28 2014 3:15 PM
Falling German investment and trade with Russia is only partly to blame for the economy's recent faltering.
- Six Observations From A Tesla Factory Tour
August 26 2014 5:02 PM
Tesla Motors has greatly expanded its production capacity -- and there are no cash registers in the cafeterias.
- July's Durable Goods Orders Suggest Economy Is Stronger Than It Really Is
August 26 2014 10:43 AM
Record aircraft sales at Boeing boosted orders for American durable goods.
- Oversupply Of Solar Panels Is Fading. Will Prices Rise?
August 19 2014 5:21 PM
Global solar demand is catching up with supply, which could squeeze some developers and boost manufacturing.
- China Making Big Semiconductor Design Push: Report
August 18 2014 3:58 AM
The Chinese government plans to invest as much as $170 billion over the next five to 10 years in the industry, according to a McKinsey report.
- Plane Crashes Near Tehran’s Mehrabad Airport, Killing At Least 48
August 10 2014 5:35 AM
The Sepahan Air Iran-140 plane crash killed all 48 people aboard, Iranian state media reported.
- Ford Searching For African ‘Opportunities’
August 06 2014 4:34 PM
The chief of Ford’s new Middle East-Africa unit stopped short of confirming rumors of a Nigerian factory project.
- Did The US Lose The International Weapons Market?
August 06 2014 2:20 PM
Russia's top weapons companies have grown faster than any other country's major defense manufacturers.
- Chinese Factory Explosion: How It Affects GM
August 04 2014 2:10 PM
China’s worst factory accident in 13 months has General Motors -- the country’s second-largest foreign automaker -- looking for new suppliers.
- EU Looks To Buy Out Russian Contract For French Warships
August 04 2014 10:26 AM
France's plans to deliver two warships to Russia may change after pressure from the U.S. and EU to punish Russia over Ukraine.
- Kunshan Plant Ignored Several Warnings: Regulator
August 04 2014 4:11 AM
The auto-parts factory was reportedly infamous among migrant workers for its “dirty environment but high wages.”
- Blast In Chinese Automotive Workshop Kills 65
August 02 2014 6:14 AM
The blast in Kunshan City was caused by a fire that began in the workshop and spread to engulf a high-density powder.
- Could Reno, Nevada, Win Tesla’s Gigafactory Bid?
July 28 2014 3:48 PM
Tesla will reveal more details this week about its battery factory.
- BMW, Aston Martin Recall Cars Built And Sold In China
July 26 2014 4:06 AM
The manufacturers will replace the faulty parts for free.
- Durable Goods Report Might Spell More Durable Economy
July 25 2014 1:14 PM
Although U.S. manufacturing jobs account for only about 8 percent of the American labor market, the sector is a major bellwether for the economy.
- Chinese Manufacturing Hits 18-Month High
July 24 2014 1:14 PM
China's factories received more new orders in July than economists expected.
- Russian Attitude Check
July 22 2014 7:32 AM
French President Francois Hollande says Russia's attitude will determine whether France delivers contracted warship.
- Russian Steelmaker Severstal To Sell US Facilities
July 21 2014 10:28 AM
The sale comes as a new wave of sanctions raise concerns about Russian-American business financing.
- Taiwan's Export Orders Surge On Mobile Phone, Electronics Demand
July 21 2014 9:26 AM
Export orders from the East Asian state grew nearly 11 percent compared to a year earlier.