- Hyundai Directors Kept In Dark On Size Of $10B Land Bid
September 20 2014 7:21 AM
Thursday's winning bid sent shares in Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors and Hyundai Mobis plunging, wiping out $8 billion in shareholder value.
- Malaysia's Electronics Industry Accused Of Employing Forced Labor
September 17 2014 3:39 AM
The study found that 28 percent of the industry’s workers, 32 percent of whom are migrants, were engaged in forced labor.
- China's Factory Growth Falls Near 6-Year Low In August
September 13 2014 9:47 AM
Calls are getting louder for new economic stimulus, by China's central bank or by its government.
- Ssangyong Motors Considers Entering US Auto Market
September 11 2014 8:36 AM
A study being conducted by the company, which is owned by an Indian conglomerate, will look at the feasibility of selling cars in the US.
- Nevada Hasn't Explained Its Tesla Gigafactory Math
September 05 2014 5:28 PM
Nevada says it will get $100 billion from a $1.25 billion Tesla tax incentive package, but hasn't yet explained how.
- Low US Job Numbers Surprise Economists
September 05 2014 8:43 AM
But despite a hiring slowdown, the U.S. jobs report published Friday by the Labor Department did show solid employment gains in August.
- Slow And Steady: Job Growth Picks Up In US
September 04 2014 1:34 PM
Most of the gains are in business services, manufacturing, construction and retail. But many are still unwilling part-timers.
- China Losing Its Sheen For Foreign Companies, Report Says
September 02 2014 5:09 AM
Nearly half of all respondents in a survey of U.S. businesses said foreign firms were being singled out in a government crackdown.
- Samsung Heavy To Absorb Samsung Engineering For $2.5B
September 01 2014 4:33 AM
Monday's deal, which caught investors by surprise, sent shares in both companies surging.
- German GDP Stumbles On Fears Of Ukraine War
August 28 2014 3:15 PM
Falling German investment and trade with Russia is only partly to blame for the economy's recent faltering.
- Six Observations From A Tesla Factory Tour
August 26 2014 5:02 PM
Tesla Motors has greatly expanded its production capacity -- and there are no cash registers in the cafeterias.
- July's Durable Goods Orders Suggest Economy Is Stronger Than It Really Is
August 26 2014 10:43 AM
Record aircraft sales at Boeing boosted orders for American durable goods.
- Oversupply Of Solar Panels Is Fading. Will Prices Rise?
August 19 2014 5:21 PM
Global solar demand is catching up with supply, which could squeeze some developers and boost manufacturing.
- China Making Big Semiconductor Design Push: Report
August 18 2014 3:58 AM
The Chinese government plans to invest as much as $170 billion over the next five to 10 years in the industry, according to a McKinsey report.
- Plane Crashes Near Tehran’s Mehrabad Airport, Killing At Least 48
August 10 2014 5:35 AM
The Sepahan Air Iran-140 plane crash killed all 48 people aboard, Iranian state media reported.
- Ford Searching For African ‘Opportunities’
August 06 2014 4:34 PM
The chief of Ford’s new Middle East-Africa unit stopped short of confirming rumors of a Nigerian factory project.
- Did The US Lose The International Weapons Market?
August 06 2014 2:20 PM
Russia's top weapons companies have grown faster than any other country's major defense manufacturers.
- Chinese Factory Explosion: How It Affects GM
August 04 2014 2:10 PM
China’s worst factory accident in 13 months has General Motors -- the country’s second-largest foreign automaker -- looking for new suppliers.
- EU Looks To Buy Out Russian Contract For French Warships
August 04 2014 10:26 AM
France's plans to deliver two warships to Russia may change after pressure from the U.S. and EU to punish Russia over Ukraine.
- Kunshan Plant Ignored Several Warnings: Regulator
August 04 2014 4:11 AM
The auto-parts factory was reportedly infamous among migrant workers for its “dirty environment but high wages.”