- Fiat Chrysler Strikes Deal To Produce Jeeps In China
April 19 2014 2:46 PM
The iconic vehicle is expected to appear on the mainland by the end of next year.
- Boeing To Shut Long Beach, Calif., Plant That Makes C-17 Globemaster
April 09 2014 2:56 PM
Failure to get governments other than the U.S. to buy more C-17s meant that the massive cargo plane's days were numbered.
- Alcoa Earnings: Top 4 Things To Watch
April 08 2014 6:34 PM
Alcoa Inc. kicked off earnings season by posting quarterly results of 9 cents a share on sales of $5.5 billion, beating Street expectations.
- Why US Women Lose Fewer Jobs Than Men During Economic Downturns
April 08 2014 10:49 AM
Women now have a greater share of the U.S. jobs market than before the Great Recession, but for the wrong reason.
- Toyota India's Employee Strike Continues
April 05 2014 10:39 AM
Out of 4,200 employees on strike, only 300 have resumed work after signing an agreement with the management.
- Why The DoJ Is Chasing An Ukrainian Oligarch With Interests In An Indian Titanium Mine
April 03 2014 2:50 AM
Dmytro Firtash, one of Ukraine's richest men, was closely associated with Viktor Yanukovych and aided the flow of gas between Russia and Ukraine.
- Italy Goes Halal
April 02 2014 11:34 AM
A global halal food organization met in Rome last week to discuss the promotion of Italian halal products in a growing market worldwide.
- Welcome To The Most Dangerous Coal Mine In The World
April 01 2014 5:25 AM
On the outskirts of Mongolia's capital, illegal miners risk their lives to feed a growing coal hunger. Their accident rates make China's pale.
- Europe Purchasing Data Shows Reversal In Recent Trend
April 01 2014 4:41 AM
Germany added more jobs than expected while its factories slowed down, official data show, even as France and Spain stepped up.
- China Slowdown Continues As HSBC PMI Hits 48.0
March 31 2014 10:15 PM
China's manufacturing engine contracted in the first quarter of 2014, a private survey showed Tuesday, adding to market expectations of government stimulus to arrest a loss of momentum in the world's second-largest economy this year.
- General Motors Recalls 971,000 More Vehicles
March 29 2014 11:49 AM
The company faces a federal probe on why it did not respond sooner to complaints.
- Indian Air Force C-130J Crash Kills All 5 Crew Members
March 28 2014 7:28 AM
India had deployed two C-130J Super Hercules planes to aid in the search for Flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean.
- Oil Drill Rig Down? There’s An App For That
March 26 2014 6:20 AM
General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt has publicized the maintenance app for oil companies in a LinkedIn post.
- Sponsor Insight Behind The Deal: Benteler Steel/Tube Chooses Louisiana For First US-based Operation
March 24 2014 12:06 AM
Benteler’s Louisiana hot-rolling seamless steel tube facility will be capable of producing up to 320,000 tons of steel tube product annually.
- China's Manufacturing PMI Slips To 8-Month Low
March 23 2014 10:27 PM
HSBC's flash Purchasing Managers Index retreated to an eight-month low of 48.1 in March, but new export orders revealed growth.
- Here's Why Some African Currencies Have Hit Record Lows
March 20 2014 11:11 AM
The currencies of Zambia, Ghana and Nigeria are at record lows thanks to two key factors. Here's the lowdown.
- Boeing 787 Dreamliners Are Safe: Report
March 20 2014 4:37 AM
Boeing has faced a series of issues with its 787 airplanes, with the latest one being the discovery of hairline cracks on the jet's wings.
- Why Toyota Agreed To Settle For $1.2B To End US Probe
March 19 2014 3:30 AM
Since 2009, Toyota recalls have affected more than 14 million vehicles worldwide.
- A New Frontier For General Electric
March 18 2014 11:48 AM
We spoke with Christine Furstoss, the company’s technology director for manufacturing and materials.
- GM Recalls Another 1.5 Million Vehicles
March 18 2014 7:23 AM
The recall follows one in February when the company called in 1.6 million vehicles, triggering a federal investigation.