With less than two days to go until the Season 5 premiere of "Dance Moms" on Lifetime, it’s time to round up everything we know about this season thus far. Will Chloe come back? Who will be joining the ALDC’s elite junior team this year? And did coach Abby Lee Miller’s dream of ALDC LA actually come to pass? Find out the answers to all that and more below:
1. Chloe Lukasiak is not coming back. When Chloe, 13, announced her decision to quit studying dance at the ALDC during the Season 4 finale in October, fans were confused about whether or not she and her mother, Christi Lukasiak, would return to the show. Unfortunately for Chloe's fans, Christi has since confirmed the young performer will not be making any cameos in Season 5. "Let me save everyone some time: we will NOT be back in Season 5, at all. And we did NOT get kicked off, we left. The end," Christi tweeted Dec. 19.
2. Paige, Brooke and Kelly Hyland are also out. Despite some viewers hopes that former ALDC dancers and “Dance Moms” stars Paige Hyland, 14, and Brooke Hyland, 16, would make a triumphant return in Season 5, their mother and co-star, Kelly Hyland, has also confirmed her daughters won’t be coming back. Viewers will remember that Kelly, 43, and her daughters exited the series in November 2013 following Kelly’s on-air brawl with Abby. The good news: you can always catch up with Paige (and Chloe!) on their YouTube channels.
3. Los Angeles setting. Apparently, Abby wasn’t bluffing when she said she was planning to open her West Coast dance studio, ALDC LA, in the Season 4 closer. While ALDC LA has yet to officially open its doors, a majority of the competitions in Season 5 will take place in California, according to one "Dance Moms" spoiler site. The Season 5 trailer indicates that some episodes will also take place near Abby’s Pittsburgh studio.
4. The "AUDC" kids will make cameos. As IBTimes previously reported, a few of the contestants from Season 2 of Abby’s spinoff Lifetime series, “Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition,” will be joining the cast of “Dance Moms” for Season 5. While Kalani Hilliker, 14, will, once again, join the elite junior team, JoJo Siwa, 11, will be making her first cameo. Fellow "AUDC" contestant Haley Huelsman, 12, will star in a few episodes, but she will not but competing with the ALDC.
5. The ALDC will get beat, a lot. While the ALDC team will start off strong in episode 1 with their group number “Freak Show,” this season won’t be kind to the ALDC girls. Not only did IBTimes witness the ALDC elite junior team get beaten by one East Coast studio’s phenomenal group performance at the In10sity Dance Regionals in Warren, New Jersey, in October 2014, according to one “Dance Moms” spoiler site, the group will have a tough time placing first this season. Their group dances will place second at several competitions before the girls eventually bringing home a win for Abby in episode 6.
6. It won’t be just about dance. The show may be called “Dance Moms,” but this season Abby will focus on making her kids triple threats, not just perfect dancers. Following the success of Maddie Ziegler’s role in the Sia “Chandelier” video, her other girls, Nia, 14, Kendall, 12, Mackenzie, 10, will focus on brushing up their acting and singing chops.
7. Abby will cry. Abby loves to tell her students to save their tears for their pillow, but it appears viewers will witness at least one sob session from the infamous dance coach in Season 5. After being served with papers regarding a lawsuit against her former student in a trailer for the new installment, Abby cries inside her Pittsburgh studio. Based on Lifetime’s synopsis for episode 1, it appears the coach’s breakdown might just occur during the season premiere.
Check out the trailer for Season 5 of "Dance Moms" below:
“Dance Moms” Season 5 premieres Tuesday, Jan. 6, at 9 p.m. EST on Lifetime.