- Disney Working On Live-Action 'The Jungle Book' Film
July 09 2013 7:56 PM
Disney is in the early stages of producing a live-action version of their hit animated film "The Jungle Book."
- Barnes & Noble CEO Has Booked
July 09 2013 9:18 AM
- Hit '90s Show 'Saved By The Bell' Is Being Made Into An Online Comic
July 03 2013 7:41 PM
Lion Forge Comics has announced plans to created a digital comics series based around several beloved television shows of the '90s and of later years, including "Saved by the Bell," "Knight Rider" and "Airwolf."
- 'Matilda' Cast Reunites After 17 Years
July 02 2013 6:46 PM
The cast of the 1996 film "Matilda" reunited last weekend with actress Mara Wilson sharing a photo from their outdoor get-together.
- Julianne Moore In Talks To Join 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Cast
June 27 2013 8:51 PM
The actress is said to be in talks to play leader Alma Coin in the third and fourth movie installments of "The Hunger Games."
- Stevie Wonder Sets Morocco Date For Members of WIPO
June 27 2013 6:05 PM
Stevie Wonder will perform in Marrakesh for members of the World Intellectual Property Organization after a new treaty for the blind has been adopted.
- Tupac Shakur Musical Will Hit Broadway Stage Next Season
June 25 2013 11:15 PM
"Holler if Ya Hear Me," a musical inspired by the life of rapper Tupac Shakur, has been set to hit the Broadway stage next season.
- 'I Am Legend' Author Richard Matheson Dies At 87
June 24 2013 7:21 PM
Science fiction writer Richard Matheson has passed away at age 87.
- Author Vince Flynn Dead At 47
June 19 2013 6:43 PM
Best-selling author Vince Flynn has died after a lengthy battle with prostate cancer.
- Apple Denies Responsibility For Raising E-Book Prices
June 14 2013 2:23 PM
In a court proceeding on Thursday, an Apple executive testified that Apple was not responsible for raising e-book prices.
- A Film Based On The 'Choose Your Own Adventure' Books Is In The Works
June 12 2013 5:55 PM
The beloved "Choose Your Own Adventure" book series will soon make a comeback, courtesy of 20th Century Fox, who have acquired the rights to the property.
- Amazon's India Store Is Now Live
June 06 2013 2:54 AM
Amazon launched its online store for India on Wednesday with a model that will allow it to edge into the country's growing e-commerce market.
- Apple Responds To E-Book Price-Fixing Accusations
May 15 2013 3:59 PM
One year and one month after the DOJ accused Apple of colluding with book publishers, the iPhone maker has responded.
- Iconic British Literary Magazine Expands Into New Frontier: China
April 24 2013 2:23 PM
The venerable British literary magazine Granta has boldly expanded into China. But don't expect stuffy old English style for the newest addition.
- Author Iain Banks Delivers News Of His Terminal Cancer
April 03 2013 6:05 PM
Banks said in a statement that he likely only has a few months to live and that his latest novel, "The Quarry," will be his last.
- Teen Shot By Taliban To Publish Her Memoir
March 28 2013 4:58 AM
Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl who was shot in the head, plans to pen her life story.
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday 2013: IBTimes' Favorite Books By The Late Theodor 'Seuss' Geisel
March 01 2013 3:34 PM
Saturday marks the 109th birthday of Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) and, in honor of the great author's day, IBTimes editors and reporters shared their favorite books.
- Stephen King Pulls 'Rage' From Bookshelves Citing 'Possible Accelerant' For School Shooters
January 25 2013 4:50 PM
Stephen King has injected himself into the American debate over gun control with a new essay titled “Guns.” The 25-page essay includes possible solutions to the mass-shooting epidemic that has plagued the nation but also announces King’s decision to remove his first novel, "Rage," from bookshelves.
- Bryce Courtenay Dies: Bestselling Australian Author Of 'The Power Of One' Dead At 79
November 23 2012 1:58 PM
Australian author Bryce Courtenay, who took up writing relatively late in his life and had his first book acquired for $1 million, died Thursday of stomach cancer. He was 79.
- Boris Strugatsky, Russian Sci-Fi Writer, Dies At 79
November 20 2012 12:38 PM
Russian sci-fi writer Boris Strugatsky died on Monday at 79.