- Should Hermione Have Ended Up With Harry Instead Of Ron?
February 03 2014 3:44 AM
J.K. Rowling says that she "wrote Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfilment."
- Why Amazon Is Launching A Christian Publishing Imprint
January 24 2014 12:09 PM
In the U.S., the Christian-subject market represents a significant number of dedicated readers.
- OED Attempts To Regain Relevance Under New Chief Editor
January 22 2014 2:41 AM
Michael Proffitt hopes to keep the dictionary relevant in the Internet era by highlighting its practicality.
- Did Bloomsbury Bow To Political Pressure In India?
January 17 2014 3:44 AM
The London-based publisher agreed to destroy copies of a controversial book and apologized to a former aviation minister, local media reported.
- New China, Through An Old Lens: A Unique Perspective On Development
January 15 2014 2:53 PM
Austrian-born artist and now Beijing resident Lukas Birk found a new perspective on China with some expired cassettes of Polaroid film.
- Why France Is Not Likely To Be Amazon.com Country
January 10 2014 11:59 AM
A proposed law may jeopardize some online book sales.
- 15 Of Amiri Baraka’s Most Memorable Quotes
January 10 2014 12:57 AM
Amiri Baraka passed away on Jan. 9 in New Jersey at the age of 79.
- Amiri Baraka, Writer-Activist, Dies At 79
January 09 2014 5:33 PM
The former LeRoi Jones was a major black cultural and political figure for decades.
- Barnes & Noble's Digital Holiday Sales: The Awful Truth
January 09 2014 1:14 PM
The last major bookstore may opt to outsource its device-manufacturing soon.
- Book Lover Gift Ideas: What To Buy Readers This Christmas
December 11 2013 11:26 AM
Six original gift ideas to buy book lovers this Christmas.
- The Rise Of China's 'Tuhao': Coming To A Dictionary Near You?
November 20 2013 6:19 AM
The word 'tuhao', which refers to China's flashy wealthy population, could join the ranks of 'selfie' and 'twerk.'
- Happy Birthday Kurt Vonnegut! How To Get Author’s Kindle Books For Cheap On Amazon
November 11 2013 6:28 PM
Amazon's Daily Deals honors Kurt Vonnegut on his birthday, which falls on Veteran's Day.
- Amazon Teaming With Independent Bookstores? That's Not A Misprint
November 06 2013 11:24 AM
The e-commerce giant has offered to sell Kindles at a discount to retailers, which can sell them to customers and get a cut of e-book sales.
- NYC Woman Goes From Private School To S&M Dungeon
October 29 2013 6:20 PM
In her new book "The Posh Girl's Guide To Play," 36-year-old Alexis Lass reveals how she went from attending an elite boarding school to becoming a dominatrix.
- What I Learned From 'The Book Of Jezebel'
October 22 2013 6:01 PM
"The Book Of Jezebel: An Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Lady Things," was a collaboration of Jezebel's writers, past and present.
- Why Do (Some) Scientists Dislike Malcolm Gladwell?
October 17 2013 10:39 PM
Some of the strongest criticisms of the popular writer's works have come from scientists.
- New Book Debunks JFK Assassination Theory
October 15 2013 2:56 PM
The author of a book marking the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination says Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, firing three shots from the Texas School Book Depository.
- Phillip Roth Did Not Win The Nobel Prize For Literature, You Fools
October 11 2013 4:46 PM
Tablet magazine confused and alienated some readers with its fake announcement that Philip Roth had won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Waters Of Lake Natron Petrify Animals That Fall In
October 02 2013 11:53 PM
In a series of eerie photographs, Nick Brandt captured the calcified remains of animals that washed up on the shores of Lake Natron in Tanzania.
- Latest Bizarre Trend: Dinosaur Erotica E-Books
October 02 2013 5:05 PM
A strange new subgenre of romance books known as dinosaur erotica has popped up on Amazon, with tales of women ravished by T. rex, pterodactyls, triceratops and more.