- Bret Easton Ellis Says Openly Gay Matt Bomer Is Wrong For ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
August 09 2012 12:51 PM
Since the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" was announced in March, speculation about who will play the role of Christian Grey has run wild.
- Joan Rivers Costco Book Ban: Free Publicity?
August 08 2012 4:48 PM
Joan Rivers' Costco protest is being touted as "the best book publicity stunt of 2012."
- Joan Rivers Protests Costco For Banning Her New Book
August 08 2012 8:54 AM
According to On The Red Carpet, Joan Rivers staged an impromptu publicity stunt to drum up sales for her new book. The 79-year-old co-host of E!’s Fashion Police was asked to leave a Burbank Costco after using a megaphone to protest the store for banning her book. Rivers’ latest book “I Hate Everything … Starting With Me” was released on June 5 and has received positive reviews.
- '50 Shades of Grey' Casting: Does It Matter That Matt Bomer Is Gay? [POLL]
August 07 2012 6:49 PM
Matt Bomer is a fan favorite to be casted in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie, but some critics are not convinced because the actor is gay.
- Vatican Rejects Bulgarian Envoy Over Gay Novel: Latest Imbroglio Between Holy See And Sofia
August 07 2012 1:39 PM
Despite his sterling credentials, the Vatican will not approve his appointment.
- Amazon Launches Semester Textbook Rental Service To Battle Barnes & Noble
August 07 2012 12:26 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, said it will start renting textbooks to college students for a semester. At the end of the term, they can ship books back for free.
- The Latest Publishing Craze: Print Books?
August 07 2012 10:24 AM
A new report published by the Book Industry Study Group found that fewer consumers are purchasing books exclusively in electronic formats, while the number of booklovers who have "no preference" for e-books over print books is increasing.
- Art Critic, Author Robert Hughes Dead At 74
August 06 2012 8:04 PM
Robert Hughes, the Australian-born art critic and historian, died Monday at age 74.
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Trailer With Matt Bomer And Alexis Bledel: Fan Makes Unofficial '50 Shades' Trailer [VIDEO]
August 02 2012 10:11 PM
An unofficial trailer featuring Matt Bomer in the role of Christian Grey and Alexis Bledel as Anastasia Steele has been released on YouTube by courtesy of a "Fifty Shades of Grey" fan, Alex White.
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Casting Rumors: Who Should Play Anastasia Steele? [PHOTOS + POLL]
August 01 2012 5:51 PM
It's been rumored of late that Emma Watson was cast to play the alluring Anastasia Steele for the film adaptation of E.L. James' hit "soft-core porn" series "Fifty Shades of Grey," but the British actress debunked the rumor almost as soon as it surfaced.
- What Is The Best City For Culture? New Report Compares Assets Of 'World?s Greatest Cities?
August 01 2012 1:42 PM
If you crave a night of theater or dance, head to New York, but for live music, you might want to try Paris. If it?s history you?re after, Istanbul?s your spot, but if you?d rather relax in nature, try Singapore. And if you want to dance the night away, look no further than Sao Paulo.
- Gore Vidal Leaves Behind Iconoclastic Memoirs That Survive The Ravages Of Time
August 01 2012 2:11 AM
Celebrated author, playwright, politician and commentator Gore Vidal breathed his last Tuesday and left behind a repository of published works and remarks that were famous for their unconventional wit and wisdom.
- Dennis Rodman To Author Children's Book Inspired By His Family Drama
July 31 2012 4:07 PM
According to MSN, former NBA bad boy Dennis Rodman is hard at work authoring his first children?s book.
- JK Rowling Will Answer Fan Questions Via Webcast In October
July 31 2012 3:44 PM
Today "Harry Potter" author J K Rowling turns 47, and she has some exciting news for her fans. Rowling will participate in a live webcast on October 11, The Mary Sue reports, answering questions from young fans about Mr. Potter and the wizarding world she created with her seven book series.
- 'Harry Potter' Online Book Club Launched By JK Rowling And Scholastic
July 31 2012 3:41 PM
According to Reuters, J. K. Rowling, famed author of the ?Harry Potter? series of children?s novels, has launched an online book club in conjunction with the series? US publisher, Scholastic.
- ?Fifty Shades? Series Could Cause Baby Boom, 'Acting Like An Aphrodisiac For Women'
July 31 2012 3:36 PM
The ?Fifty Shades? Series is one of the most popular book series of recent years, and the erotic novel trilogy could also be the cause of the next baby boom.
- Emma Watson Debunks 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie Rumors: 'I Haven't Read The Book, I Haven't Read A Script'
July 31 2012 2:40 PM
The 22-year old actress and former star of "Harry Potter" finally commented on feverish online rumors about her allegedly being cast for the role of Anastasia Steele in the upcoming film adaption of "50 Shades of Grey."
- Maeve Binchy, Prolific Irish Writer, Dead At Age 72, Complete List Of Best Selling Author's Books
July 31 2012 12:32 PM
Best-selling Irish writer Maeve Binchy died on Monday, July 30, following a short illness. She was 72-years-old. Check out a complete list of the best selling author's books.
- Jonah Lehrer, Stephen Glass And The Elusive Truth
July 30 2012 8:45 PM
Jonah Lehrer, the now former New Yorker writer and best-selling author, was caught making up Bob Dylan quotes in his book "Imagine" by Michael Moynihan in Tablet magazine. Lehrer's rise and fall also matches that of Stephen Glass, a writer who invented sources and plagiarized material nearly a decade earlier at the New Republic.
- Beloved Irish Writer Maeve Binchy Dies At 72
July 30 2012 8:18 PM
Beloved, best-selling Irish writer Maeve Binchy died Monday at the age of 72 after enduring a brief illness, according to reports.