- Archie Takes A Bullet To Save Gay Friend
July 14 2014 12:45 PM
In a decisive statement on gun violence, Archie Comics will kill off its title character -- but there's more to the story.
- Beautiful! Lupita Nyong’o Saves Vogue From Magocalypse 2014
July 11 2014 3:02 PM
Forget Kimye: Single-copy sales of the Lupita Nyong'o cover of Vogue are up despite a major disruption in magazine distribution.
- Jill Abramson: 'It Was A Bad Day For Me'
July 10 2014 3:30 PM
Jill Abramson has spoken out about her firing at the New York Times, and some of the biggest stories the paper did and didn't cover under her tenure.
- Costumed Characters Terrorize NYC Tourists
July 10 2014 1:59 PM
Lawmakers mull legislation to combat rogue Elmos and Minnies, but copyright and First Amendment questions loom.
- Copycats Chase Kickstarter Potato Salad Gold Rush
July 08 2014 4:10 PM
Would-be cooks are storming the Kickstarter kitchen after an Ohio man raised more than $52,000 to make potato salad.
- Sorry, ‘Opie & Anthony’ Fans: Shock Jocks Are Obsolete
July 08 2014 12:27 PM
A vociferous boycott effort over Anthony Cumia’s firing is likely to have little effect on satellite-radio company SiriusXM.
- Facebook Policy Gets Teen Hunter's Photos Zapped
July 07 2014 2:36 PM
Company says Kendall Jones’ safari images promote poaching of endangered species.
- World Cup Drinking Games: France vs. Germany Edition
July 03 2014 5:00 PM
Kick off your soccer viewing with booze on Friday, as the World Cup 2014 enters the quarter-finals.
- How The Tinder Scandal Might Actually Help Women In The Tech World
July 02 2014 7:43 PM
Some tech investors say the sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Tinder could encourage more gender parity in the industry.
- Twitter Sued Over Spammy Texts
July 02 2014 4:06 PM
A class-action lawsuit accuses Twitter of sending illegal texts to recycled phone numbers without the owners’ consent.
- Could Facebook Get Sued By 700,000 Lab Rats?
June 30 2014 7:07 PM
Some users feel violated after learning they were part of a secret study, but a legal challenge would be tricky.
- 'Limited' Hobby Lobby Ruling May Have Broad Consequences
June 30 2014 3:19 PM
The government is likely to subsidize contraceptives, but Justice Ginsberg predicts a wave of religious freedom claims.
- Rise in Fireworks-Related Injuries Nothing To Celebrate
June 27 2014 3:59 PM
Despite the worrisome statistics, illegal displays are often touted as tradition.
- What’s The Deal With World Cup Fever?
June 26 2014 12:17 PM
Americans are watching the World Cup in record numbers. Here’s why.
- Merger Critic Blasts AT&T’s ‘Spotty’ Record At Antitrust Hearing
June 24 2014 5:48 PM
CEOs for AT&T and DirecTV made their case to antitrust policymakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday.
- USA-Portugal Match A Record For ESPN
June 24 2014 11:18 AM
Sunday’s 2-2 game may be the most-watched soccer match ever on American television.
- Honda Tells Narcolepsy Sufferers They ‘Shouldn’t Be Driving’
June 23 2014 11:51 AM
Commercial featuring a narcolepsy joke has been set to “private” on YouTube following complaints by people with the condition.
- The New LinkedIn Feature That’s Driving Users Nuts
June 20 2014 5:35 PM
The social network is expanding its long-form publishing tool, but not everyone wants to know when their connections use it.
- New York Times Killed 'The Gun Report' Rather Than Give Me A Raise, Says Writer
June 20 2014 5:16 PM
The New York Times canceled Joe Nocera's popular "The Gun Report" blog last week, days after his assistant filed a salary grievance.
- TV Mines Its Own Past -- Again
June 20 2014 1:24 PM
Lifetime’s upcoming TV movie will chronicle the backstage drama of a 1990s favorite.