When the Brandon James mask was lifted and the killer was revealed in "Scream" episode 10, many viewers were left shocked. [SPOILER ALERT] Podcaster Piper (Amelia Rose Blaire) was the daughter of Brandon James and half-sister to Emma (Willa Fitzgerald). As if that wasn't shocking enough, the show set up Season 2 in the final minutes of the finale by revealing that Audrey (Bex Taylor-Klaus) was somehow involved.
The ending raised many new questions, while leaving viewers thirsty for answers. It has already been confirmed there will be a second season next year, but the question is, what do the MTV showrunners have planned when we revisit Emma? Below are six questions that need to be answered next season on the horror series.
1. What was Audrey's part in the murders?: After the showdown on the dock, Audrey was shown burning letters and evidence at the end of the episode. We know she was behind the mask the day Will (Connor Weil) and Piper were at the abandoned car dealership, but was that her only time wearing the mask? Did she kill anyone or was it Piper doing all the physical work while Audrey made the phone calls? There's also the question of how the two got in touch with each other and what their relationship was.
2. Why was Rachel killed?: Rachel (Sosie Bacon) was the only murder this season that the killer tried to make look like a suicide. Audrey seemed to genuinely care about her, but something had to happen that caused Piper and Audrey to take her out. Did she know too much? Did Piper get jealous of her relationship with Audrey? Could Rachel have been involved? We saw the video of Audrey flipping out after Nina (Bella Thorne) posted the video of the two of them kissing, so is it possible Audrey really did go over there and kill her that night and Rachel witnessed it?
3. Is Brandon James involved?: The body of Brandon James was never found after police shot him following the original Lakewood killing spree. Is it possible that he's still out there and was involved with getting Piper to go on a killing spree of her own? We know Emma was wrong to vouch for Audrey, so could Emma's mom Maggie (Tracy Middendorf) be wrong when she said she doesn't believe Brandon did it? Or is there a character we have yet to meet that is the mastermind behind both sets of murders, kind of like what happened in "Scream 3"?
4. Are Audrey and Brandon James related?: Earlier in the season, a picture of Brandon James was shown in Audrey's room that many viewers may have missed. However, the picture shown in the final few minutes of the finale was right there in focus. Why does Audrey have this picture, as well as notes from the original crime in 1994? Is it possible that maybe she too is related to Brandon James or could she even be his real daughter and Piper was lying? It's pretty obvious now that she was the one who broke into police headquarters and stole the evidence and mask, which would explain how her DNA was found inside of the mask. But there has to be some type of relation between the two for Audrey to get this involved.
5. Do we know the killer going into Season 2 already?: One of the most fun things with "Scream" over the years has always been trying to figure out who the killer is. In each film and in Season 1, you basically had no idea who the killer was until the end. Usually when the killer (or killers) were revealed, they were killed by the end of the movie. However, last night we saw a first for "Scream," as the second suspected murderer got away. With the reveal of Audrey's involvement in the final scene of episode 10, does this mean that Audrey is going to just simply pick up right where Piper left off or is there much more to the story? Knowing who the killer is from the get-go could take a little fun out of it, so expect some more twists right out of the gate in Season 2.
6. What's the deal with Brooke's father, Mayor Maddox?: The Mayor Maddox (Bryan Batt) storyline never really got brought back up after he was placed in jail. He said the body he was hiding in the freezer was a friend of Brooke's mother, who overdosed in the guest room of the house. Was it though? The argument can be made that Brooke was pursued almost as much as Emma by the killer. The masked murderer was going to go after her when they made Emma choose which friend lives or dies, the night in the bowling alley, and of course, at her house in the finale. Brooke had basically turned her back on him after seeing the video, so could he have also been involved with Piper and Audrey?
What questions do you want answered in "Scream" Season 2? Sound off in the comments section below!