- Shares of Peregrine Semiconductor Corp. (Nasdaq: PSMI) jumped 7 percent to $15 a share as they started trading the first time as a public company. Peregrine becomes the third technology initial public offering in a month to rise at the opening of trade, jn contrast to the May 18 IPO of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Could Break 170 Million Sales In A Year, Analyst Says, As Launch Date Approaches [FEATURES]Apple’s iPhone 5 release could account for 170 million total iPhones sold in the next year, experts say. According to analyst Horace Dediu, who has quoted Apple’s own marketing chief, the iPhone 5 will comprise 85 percent of total Apple smartphone sales in the next 12 months, CNET reported.
- Peregrine Semiconductor, which has sold more than a billion high-frequency chips to the mobile industry in the past five years, raised $77 million in its IPO on Tuesday and plans to start trading Wednesday, the latest technology IPO since the Facebook fiasco.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: iOS 6 Scalable To Rumored 640 x 1136 Next iPhone Resolution, Points To New 9-Pin ConnectorRumor has it so far that Apple will follow suit of rival Android devices and release the iPhone 5, boasting a taller 640×1136 resolution display. A latest report has claimed that iOS 6 is completely scalable to the rumored taller iPhone 5 display, allowing five complete rows of apps in the home screen.
- All Southwest Airlines wanted to do was have more “friends” on Facebook, but after a “computer glitch” charged them exorbitant fees for their “discounted” flights during a promotion Friday, the airline made a lot of enemies in the process.
- Following a month of struggling financial performance and impending legal battles, Zynga is releasing a new Facebook game "ChefVille" based around cooking. Will it help resuscitate the battered company and its wounded relationship with Facebook?
- It already has "world famous" French fries coveted by many around the globe in its locations worldwide, but now McDonald's has a new addition in potato cuisine: curly fries. But where on Earth can one get these corkscrew concoctions known as "Twister Fries?"
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, said it has started to offer UK users over 18 the chance to play online bingo and slots for cash. For now, the Menlo Park, Calif., company is barred from offering gambling in the U.S.
NASA Technician Bobak Ferdowsi's Mohawk Turns New Champion On Twitterverse As Curiosity Makes Historic Landing On MarsReports of NASA's Activity Lead Bobak Ferdowsi became one of the most trending topics across a host of social media sites including Twitter, Meme and Facebook Sunday, as millions watched Curiosity's successful landing at 10:31 pm PDT (early morning EDT) August 5 on Mars after the dangerous "seven minutes of terror."
- Megan Rossee is dating swimmer Michael Phelps, according to reports.
- Now that the Mars Curiosity Rover has landed on the red planet and sent back pictures from a new part of the planet, NASA is broadcasting news about the rover live though Ustream.
- This month marks two landmark anniversaries -- the deaths Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley, two of the world's most recognizable pop-culture icons, who also happen to be two of the highest-earning dead celebrities.
- Though Apple hasn't specified the exact release date of iOS 6 - the site currently says it's "coming this fall" - but many believe Apple will release the platform alongside a new iPhone and possibly a new "mini iPad," which are both expected to be unveiled and released in mid-September. iOS 6 looks to be right on track for a September release date, as Apple released the fourth beta build of iOS 6 to developers, also known as Build 10A5376e, on Monday morning.
- The New York Stock Exchange said on Monday it is in talks with U.S. securities regulators to settle allegations that the exchange violated rules intended to promote fair competition.
- MTV may be known for churning out lowbrow properties, most notably "Jersey Shore," but it looks like they may be engaging in some quality programming this fall. The network's newest reality series, "Catfish," explores online relationships that are shrouded in lies.
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, a former Sikh turned Christian, responded Sunday to the Wisconsin Temple shooting, saying it's sad such an incident happened at a peaceful place of worship.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) rose more than 3 percent Monday, trading at midday at $21.81, up 72 cents. But they’re still nearly 50 percent below the $38 set at their May 17 initial public offering.
- A lightning strike left one dead and nine others injured on Sunday following a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono Raceway.
Pre-Market Movers (Pluristem, Logitech, Nokia, Facebook, American International Group, Knight Capital, ICICI, Sanofi)Pluristem Therapeutics, Logitech International, Nokia Corp, Facebook, American International Group, Knight Capital Group, ICICI Bank and Sanofi SA are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.