Articles by Facebook
- Facebook Introduces New Curation-Based Platform Facebook Stories [VIDEO]
August 02 2012 5:11 PM
Facebook launched a new and improved version of the company Facebook Stories section on Thursday. Featuring both original and curated editorial and artistic content, the company says that the new site is intended to be "a place where we could celebrate great stories."
- Chick-fil-A Sets Sales Records Despite Antigay Publicity, Company Claims
August 02 2012 12:07 PM
Chick-fil-A has seen a backlash since the anti-gay statement made by company president Dan Cathy, but the fast food chain is claiming that ?Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day? has set new records for the restaurant.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion: More Problems, Bugs, Issues Reported By Apple Users
August 02 2012 10:55 AM
Mac users have been able to play with Apple's newest big cat, OS X Mountain Lion, for exactly one week now. While most users report a seamless, fluid experience, the fact remains that this is the fourth time in one week that I've needed to publish a story about new bugs, problems and issues that new Mountain Lion adopters are experiencing with their Macs.
- Facebook Has 83 Million Fake Users, Ad Revenue Could Suffer
August 02 2012 10:39 AM
Facebook, the world's largest social media platform, might have more than 83 million fake users, according to company filings published this week.
- Selena Gomez Hair Gets Update With Bangs, Other Celebrities With Fringe [PHOTOS]
August 02 2012 9:29 AM
Selena Gomez made one of the boldest decisions when it comes to hair: bangs. On Wednesday, the 20-year-old starlet posted photos on her Facebook showing off her new fringe hairstyle with her long, dark brown mane. But Gomez isn't the only starlet rocking fringe. Take a look at the slideshow to see a gallery of actresses and singers with bangs.
- Robyn Lawley Is Newest Plus-Sized Lingerie Model: Pictures of Buxom, Curvy Model [PHOTOS]
August 01 2012 10:43 PM
Plus-sized model Robyn Lawley has been named as the new face of plus-size lingerie line Boux Avenue, the Huffington Post reported. Boux Avenue is a national lingerie company in Britain and they have chosen the buxom Australian babe as the newest face of their campaign.
- Sarah Palin Goes To Bat For Chick-Fil-A, Says Dan Cathy Is Being 'Crucified' By Protests That Have 'Chilling Effect' On First Amendment
August 01 2012 6:28 PM
Pundit and former politician Sarah Palin waded into the culture wars over Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy's recent comments concerning gay marriage, telling Fox News that the protest against the restaurant chain "has a chilling effect on our First Amendment rights."
- Facebook Users Will Be Forced To Use Timeline Profile Feature Come Fall 2012
August 01 2012 12:29 PM
When Facebook first launched its new Timeline feature, allowing users to migrate from the traditional Facebook layout to a more dynamic view of their lives via the social networking site, there was a bit of outrage and confusion. Now, according to Techcrunch, Facebook will be forcing those who have yet to adopt the new layout to accept the Timeline, as the original Facebook layout is being eliminated.
- Ted Cruz?s Victory In Texas Primary Shows Tea Party Alive, Kicking And A Possible Headache For Romney, Too
August 01 2012 12:11 PM
Ted Cruz's victory, a significant win for the Tea Party, shows the group is gaining momentum. What thta means is that even a President Romney shouldn't expect "get along" votes from the Republican right wing
- Zynga Strips COO And Veteran Game Developer John Schappert Of Creative Duties
August 01 2012 11:53 AM
Zynga is planning a dramatic internal restructuring following last week's poor financial performance that includes stripping the current COO of his product oversight responsibilities, according to sources within the company. But will this actually help the company recoup some of its losses?
- BioWare's 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' MMO Goes Free To Play
August 01 2012 10:21 AM
Gaming site GamaSutra reports that, after less than a year of release, BioWare?s Star Wars MMO ?The Old Republic? is going free to play.
- Outlook.com: Microsoft's New Metro Style Email Service Attracts Over 1 Million Users Just Hours After Launch
August 01 2012 6:23 AM
Microsoft's Outlook.com, the successor to Hotmail, is just a few hours old, but the new metro style email service has already got more than one million people signing up for it, according to official figures tweeted just over six hours after it was announced Tuesday.
- General Motors Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Opel Drags Margins, And EPS Down
August 01 2012 5:07 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) is expected to report profits down 51.7 percent for the second quarter of 2012 as the company continues to slog through an uphill battle to restructure its loss-making European Opel-Vauxhall unit and to sell through high levels of North American inventory.
- What's Mola Mola? Ocean Sunfish Spotted In California Waters [VIDEO]
July 31 2012 8:04 PM
The Mola mola, or Ocean Sunfish as it's also known, isn't exactly a new discovery but after Daniel Batelho captured a photograph off the coast of San Diego, California of the bizarre looking fish and posted it on his Facebook page last week, the Mola mola has become an internet sensation.
- Google Introduces Upgrade To Video Chat By Merging It With Google+ Hangouts [VIDEO]
July 31 2012 5:15 PM
Google is upgrading video chat by merging it with Google+ Hangouts. Now users can video chat simultaneously with up to nine people, share Youtube videos, share pictures and screens and collaborate on Google documents.
- After GM Fires Marketing Chief, Can It Capitalize On Costly Manchester United Deal?
July 31 2012 4:52 PM
The global marketing chief for General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) was ousted because of an expensive, poorly negotiated deal with Manchester United, the world's most popular soccer club, according to a report.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Factory Images Released: How To Restart Your Phone With The New OS, Other Devices To Get The Upgrade [FEATURES]
July 31 2012 4:22 PM
Ever since Google unveiled its new Jelly Bean operating system, the mobile industry has been buzzing about the new ?buttery? OS. The release date could be coming soon, as the search engine giant has just posted factory images of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its line of Nexus devices. These are the first smartphones and tablets to get the new operating system.
- Zynga Faces First Insider Trading Lawsuit In Wake Of Poor Second-Quarter Earnings Report
July 31 2012 12:07 PM
Following a poor earnings report last week and a steep drop in its share prices, social gaming giant Zynga is now facing an insider trading lawsuit on account of some suspicious financial activity by the company's top executives.
- Rapper Pitbull Posts Photos During Alaska Walmart Visit In Kodiak After Viral ?Exile? Campaign
July 31 2012 12:02 PM
After a faux "exile" campaign to ship Pitbull off to an Alaska Walmart was conceived, the rapper has held up his part of the deal, bringing the promotional campaign to fruition by tweeting photos inside of the Kodiak superstore and around the small town.
- Olympics 2012: Record Number Of Viewers Watch London Games In Spite Of Tape Delay
July 31 2012 11:02 AM
Some people may complain about the way NBC has aired the 2012 Olympics, but the ratings certainly haven't suffered