IPhone 5 Features: How Apple Will Create A Thinner, Sleeker Design; A Look At The Rumored ‘In-Cell’ TechnologyOn Tuesday, Apple received a patent for touch screen LCD technology that will result in a thinner, lighter panel for its iPhone 5 release, according to Apple Insider. This news comes just as a new rumor has surfaced saying that Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 5 on Sept. 12, the same day the phone will allegedly be unveiled.
Facebook Now Allows Users To Announce When They Are Expecting A Baby: Has Oversharing Reached a New Level?Your friends can now know exactly when you are expecting to have a child, the gender, your partner, and where you plan to give birth, thanks to Facebook's latest category, "Celebrations"
Robert Pattinson Post Kristen Stewart Rupert Sanders Cheating: Watch His First Interview On 'The Daily Show' Here [VIDEO]On Monday night Robert Pattinson made his first TV appearance since the shocking photos of Kristen Stewart embracing married director Rupert Sanders were published. Having to finally face the light due to the promotion schedule for his latest film "Cosmopolis," Pattinson graced the set of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show."
- Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
- A man killed two people, including an officer who was serving him an eviction notice at a College Station home near Texas A&M University, on Monday before police fatally shot him in a gun battle.
- One of the most fascinating aspects when watching a sporting event like the Olympics is the historical statistics highlighting the tremendous advances in athleticism over the years. In the spirit of the events this summer, BTN Research compared gold's advancement from the beginning of the games in Beijing to the London Olympics.
Janna Ryan, Paul Ryan's Wife, Attends Presidential Campaign Events In North Carolina Wearing $35 Dress [PHOTO]Janna Ryan, the wife of vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, recently made her campaign trail debut with her Wisconsin representative husband. The wife of Mitt Romney's running mate attended three campaign events in North Carolina sporting a thrifty $70 floral dress by Dana Buchman. The dress, which is on sale at Kohl's for $35, is making headlines and inspiring fans on Facebook, who were turned on by Ryan's fashionable, yet affordable look.
- Dalton Caldwell, the digital entrepreneur who sometimes enjoys writing angry open letters to Mark Zuckerberg, believes people would prefer a paid version of Twitter where they're not constantly sold to by advertisers, but one where developers and the users are the center of the social experience. Caldwell said he was "inspired to build exactly the service I wanted manifested myself," which he calls App.Net. Now that he's successfully raised his funds, here comes the tough part: Makin...
Apple iPhone 5 ‘Leaked’ Parts Fit Together In New Diagram, Supply Chains Gear Up For The Alleged Release Date [FEATURES]Another allegedly leaked photo in the slew of what is believed to be images of Apple’s iPhone 5 has surfaced. Last week pictures of the smartphone’s components surfaced, and now a new diagram that puts these pieces of the reported iPhone 5 in context has appeared online.
Pre-Market Movers (Focus Media Holding, Research In Motion, Google, Knight Capital Group, CenturyLink, Logitech International, Facebook, J.C. Penney)Focus Media Holding Limited, Research In Motion Limited, Google Inc, Knight Capital Group Inc, CenturyLink Inc, Logitech International SA, Facebook Inc and J.C. Penney Company Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- In one of the more bizarre stories about the tech world this weekend, a topless photograph of Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has emerged online. The picture, depicting Zuckerberg and several other shirtless men at a party, was apparently posted online by accident. Check it out.
- Wade Michael Page, the 40-year-old alleged killer, had been involved with white-supremacist hate groups for at least a decade. His arms and torso were swaddled with tattoos, many containing racist and neo-Nazi symbolism. He played bass in a white-power hardcore band called End Apathy. He was angry, frustrated, disillusioned. He was also a skinhead -- but that almost goes without saying.
Shia, Sunni, Christian? A Dangerous Question In Revolutionary Syria As The Secular Nation Faces Rising Violence Among ReligionsUp to now, Syrians caught in the crossfire of a revolution cared little about their neighbors' religion, whether it be Shia, Sunni or Christian. That may change, and violently.
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Update Seeded To Developers, Expected To Address Thunderbolt Display Issues And MoreApple started providing its developers with the first beta build of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Friday. The update is available for download from the Mac Developer Center web portal and has been given a build number of 12B13.
- Dwight Howard, the all-star center, was traded to the Los Angeles Lakes from the Orlando Magic on Friday.
- Researchers have developed an algorithm that can track something - information, contaminants, influence - as it spreads through online and offline networks, back to its original source.
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, has finally settled charges with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission that it deceived members about their privacy rights. Although it won’t pay a fine, it agreed to be monitored by the FTC for 20 years. If violations are found, it could be subjected to civil penalties up to $16,000 per offense.
Pre-Market Movers (Fusion-IO, Barclays, Southwestern, Hewlett-Packard, Facebook, Nokia, Weatherford, Seadrill, GNC Holdings)Fusion-IO, Barclays Plc, Southwestern Energy, Hewlett-Packard, Facebook, Nokia Corp, Weatherford International, Seadrill and GNC Holdings Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Friday.
- Friday marks 13 weeks since the first public trading in shares of Facebook at $42. Now it's near $21.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Indicate No Android Jelly Bean, But Will It Come With Flexible Display? [VIDEO]The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is set to come at the end of this month, but those expecting the smartphone-tablet hybrid to come with Android’s Jelly Bean may be disappointed. The Galaxy Note successor will reportedly launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.