- On Sunday, celebrities, athletes and those in the limelight gathered in Santa Monica, Calif. for the 2012 Do Something Awards by VH1 to celebrate the year's most charitable people. Some of the best dressed of the night on the red carpet included Lea Michelle, Kristen Bell, Ashley Greene, Nikki Reed and Olivia Munn. View photos of the red carpet and ceremony and a full list of winners ahead of the VH1 broadcast which will air on Tuesday.
?American Horror Story? Season 2 Spoilers: White-Masked Nun Adds The Creepy Factor In Second ?Asylum? Trailer [VIDEO]With casting news slowing down and filming underway, "American Horror Story" is ready to tease fans about the upcoming second season. On Friday the Facebook page for the FX show posted an odd "Special Delivery" video for fans to enjoy and question. The show has quickly followed up with a second video titled "Blue Coat," and it is just as confusing as the first.
Pre-Market Movers (Coventry Health, Barclays, Facebook, Apple, Infosys, Waste Management, Deutsche Bank)Coventry Health Care, Barclays Plc, Facebook, Apple Inc, Infosys, Waste Management and Deutsche Bank AG are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Monday.
- Apple?s upcoming mobile operating system iOS 6 is set for a fall release date, but hackers have already found a flaw within the software. It was reported that the SMS messaging in iOS 6 can be manipulated so that the sender of the message can change the ?Reply To? number a different number than the original.
- IBTimes' weekly roundup of winners and losers in the world of business.
- The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is allegedly coming in September alongside an iPad Mini, and the Internet has not stopped buzzing with rumors and speculations about the device. This information has not been confirmed by Apple, but increasing evidence points to the following: fans could see the iPhone 5 next month.
- Amid the continue foreclosure crisis, some young people are taking to social media to redirect their frustration and coordinate larger acts of vandalism against abandoned properties.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell to a new record low of $19.01 in midday Friday trading, a day after insiders were allowed to sell as many as 241 million shares they had been required to hold since the May 17 initial public offering.
‘American Horror Story’ Season 2 Spoilers: First Video of ‘Asylum’ Hits Facebook, Link To Watch Trailer HereFX's Emmy nominated series "American Horror Story" is prepping for a haunting second season, and they are finally treating fans to their first video sneak peak.
- The Russian government Friday arrested opposition leader / political activist Garry Kasparov outside the Moscow courthouse where the trial for punk rock band 'Pussy Riot' was held.
Pre-Market Movers (ArcelorMittal, Nokia, Frontline, Barclays, Facebook, Idenix Pharmaceuticals, VIVUS, Knight Capital Group)ArcelorMittal, Nokia Corp, Frontline Ltd, Barclays PLC, Facebook Inc, Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc, VIVUS Inc and Knight Capital Group Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- The widely successful camera app Instagram has just received a new update that will incorporate location-based tags. The function, known as Photo Mapping, has rolled out to both Android and iOS-based iterations of the app.
- The current environment for investors is perhaps one of the most confusing that many have ever encountered. Unpredictable markets now appear to take no clue whatsoever from underlying economic data, and maxims long cherished by traditional money managers are being abandoned in favor of seemingly illogical choices. We are in a world in which apparently intelligent investors are willing to pay a premium for 10 year Treasury bonds that are almost certain to lose real value if held to maturity. Wh...
- Trading in U.S. stocks has been going on at a snail's pace recently, a fact market-watchers are blaming on policy uncertainty, but could also be the result of investors fed up with the fragmented, unpredictable nature of the market.
IBTimes Interview: Dennis Crowley, Foursquare CEO, On How His App That Made 'Checking-In' Cool Is EvolvingDennis Crowley, Foursquare Co-Founder and CEO, discusses the most recent iteration of the app, rolled out in early June, what went into the process of creating it and why the Foursquare app is more than just about publicly announcing one's location.
Apple iOS 6 Features: Users ‘Disappointed’ Without YouTube App, Google Maps Upgraded As iPhone 5 Release ApproachesThe release date for Apple’s iOS 6 is less than a month away, with the upcoming iPhone 5 expected to launch around the same time. Users may be excited about features such as the new map app from Apple, but there is one app that fans will be missing for certain: YouTube.
- The Aussie/USD may well be running out of steam on the topside.. We have been grinding higher, and reached 1.0615. The past few days has seen the Aussie make a top, and yet there are still the bullish sentiment from dealers.. If you stand back a bit and look at the Aussie, the break below 1.0500 was significant...It pulled the Aussie like a yo-yo, and all trades are based around 1.0500...
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, plunged more than 5 percent when the market opened Thursday, as insiders were free to unload as many as 241 million shares.
Pre-Market Movers (Electronic Arts, Coinstar, Cisco Systems, Netflix, Frontline, Knight Capital Group, Facebook, Nokia)Electronic Arts Inc, Coinstar Inc, Cisco Systems Inc, Netflix Inc, Frontline Ltd, Knight Capital Group Inc, Facebook Inc and Nokia Corp are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Thursday.