Articles by Facebook
- Samsung Offers $300 Rebate For Old Smartphones
August 06 2012 11:20 AM
With the iPhone 5 rumored to be released in this September, Samsung is taking a new approach in encouraging customers to switch by offering a rebate of up to $300 for old smartphones.
- Pocono Lightning Strike Leaves One Dead And Nine Others Injured After NASCAR Sprint Cup Race
August 06 2012 8:45 AM
A lightning strike left one dead and nine others injured on Sunday following a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono Raceway.
- Pre-Market Movers (Pluristem, Logitech, Nokia, Facebook, American International Group, Knight Capital, ICICI, Sanofi)
August 06 2012 6:46 AM
Pluristem Therapeutics, Logitech International, Nokia Corp, Facebook, American International Group, Knight Capital Group, ICICI Bank and Sanofi SA are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- Apple Mulling Purchase Of The Fancy Gathers Pace: Rumor
August 06 2012 5:37 AM
Even before news of Apple's acquisition of fingerprint scanning company AuthenTec could take effect among technology enthusiasts, news of Apple considering another company, The Fancy, a growing e-commerce related Social Network is gathering pace.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Drops Out As One Of Top 10 Tech Billionaires, Making A Bad Week Worse
August 06 2012 2:02 AM
The past week was not kind to billionaire Mark Zuckerberg, chairman and CEO of Facebook Inc. Capping it all was word that Zuckerberg had lost his place among the 10 richest technology billionaires, at least temporarily. How can Zuckerberg climb his way back to the top?
- I Want To Be Like Mitt; So I Bought Thousands Of Twitter Followers
August 05 2012 12:50 PM
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Italian comedian-turned-political activist Beppe Grillo, New Gingrich and others have been accused of buying thousands of Twitter followers. What could they get out of this new social media gambit?
- Sprinter Kim Collins Banned From 2012 London Olympics After Visiting His Wife In A Hotel
August 04 2012 5:10 PM
Everyone knows it is hard to make it into the Olympic Games, but it may be just as hard to stay. Sprinter Kim Collins, representing St. Kitts and Nevis, said he has been banned from competing in the men's 100-meter dash because he spent a night -- or three -- outside officially sanctioned dormitories in London's Olympic Village.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Clue Found In Server Logs; Source Indicates Testing And Production Are Underway [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 04 2012 1:03 PM
The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 may be drawing near, as rumors and speculations about the smartphone have been at an all-time high in the past couple of weeks. Yet another bit of evidence has surfaced, which indicates that Apple may be testing its next-generation smartphone, the iPhone 5.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Boeing, Gabby Douglas, LinkedIn, Facebook, Ford, GM, and Knight Capital
August 03 2012 7:47 PM
Each week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most captivating winners and losers in the world of money and business. Here are the winners and losers for July 29-Aug. 4.
- Atlanta Rock Band The Black Lips Make Out At Chick-Fil-A 'Kiss In' [PHOTO]
August 03 2012 5:35 PM
The Black Lips participated in the "kiss-in" protest at a Chick-fil-A outlet and posted a picture of themselves kissing on the band's Facebook page.
- Phillips Idowu Missing: Olympic Triple Jumper's Whereabouts Unknown Days Before 2012 London Event
August 03 2012 4:51 PM
Concern has set in for the trainer and agent of missing triple jumper Phillips Idowu of Great Britain after the track and field star hasn't been seen just four days before he is set to compete in the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- It ‘Takes A Village’ To Fix Our Education System
August 03 2012 2:12 PM
If we could just educate the next generation on how to eliminate poverty or war, we could then use that savings from our federal budget to fund more education for the following generations.
- Facebook Teams Up With Paramount Pictures To Bring You 'Paranormal Activity 4' Early
August 03 2012 11:17 AM
Paramount Pictures’ incredibly successful “Paranormal Activity” franchise continues its domination of Halloween-time scares with “Paranormal Activity 4,” the trailer for which can be seen here. The latest news regarding the film entails Facebook and Paramount’s joint venture in “Demanding” the film be released in select cities early (via Facebook).
- 7 Olympic Events + 7 London Attractions = The Everyman's DIY Olympic Schedule
August 03 2012 10:28 AM
For the DIY-inclined, here's how you can turn everyday London attractions into your own schedule of Olympic events.
- Tiesto Tops List Of Highest Paid DJ's; Skrillex, David Guetta, Avicii And Others Round Out The Top 10 [PHOTOS]
August 03 2012 9:17 AM
Electronic dance music DJ/producer Tiesto is officially the world's highest paid DJ, according to Forbes.com. The last two years in pop-culture have seen EDM make its successful crossover into the mainstream and so it's no surprise that the "Club Life" artist raked in a staggering $22 million in 2012. Check out Forbes' list of top 10 highest paid DJ's!
- Pre-Market Movers (Linkedin, Deutsche Bank, Facebook, Banco Santander, Rosetta Genomics, Molycorp, Knight Capital, Infosys, Silvercorp)
August 03 2012 6:59 AM
Linkedin Corp, Deutsche Bank AG, Facebook Inc, Banco Santander, Rosetta Genomics, Molycorp Inc, Infosys, Knight Capital Group and Silvercorp Metals Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Facebook Accounts of Major MLB Teams Hacked; Hackers Post Amusing Messages As Status Updates
August 03 2012 4:11 AM
The Facebook pages of several Major League Baseball (MLB) teams were hacked Thursday afternoon with hackers posting amusing status and downright obscene messages on the wall.
- Megachurch Pastor Jack Schaap Fired For Having Sex With 16-Year-Old Congregation Member
August 02 2012 9:38 PM
Jack Schaap, pastor of Chicago-area megachurch First Baptist Church of Hammond, has been fired from his position after confessing to having sex with a 16-year-old member of his congregation. While the girl's identity has not been revealed, intitial reports suggest Schaap acted as a counselor to the teenage girl.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Approaches As Sharp Ships New 4-Inch Displays - Will It Launch Next Month? [SPECS]
August 02 2012 6:37 PM
Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected for a release date this fall, and another indication that production is in full swing has surfaced. Japan’s Sharp Corp. will begin shipping screens that will be used for the upcoming iPhone 5, according to Reuters.
- Facebook Introduces New Curation-Based Platform Facebook Stories [VIDEO]
August 02 2012 5:11 PM
Facebook launched a new and improved version of the company Facebook Stories section on Thursday. Featuring both original and curated editorial and artistic content, the company says that the new site is intended to be "a place where we could celebrate great stories."