- MTV may be known for churning out lowbrow properties, most notably "Jersey Shore," but it looks like they may be engaging in some quality programming this fall. The network's newest reality series, "Catfish," explores online relationships that are shrouded in lies.
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, a former Sikh turned Christian, responded Sunday to the Wisconsin Temple shooting, saying it's sad such an incident happened at a peaceful place of worship.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) rose more than 3 percent Monday, trading at midday at $21.81, up 72 cents. But they’re still nearly 50 percent below the $38 set at their May 17 initial public offering.
- A lightning strike left one dead and nine others injured on Sunday following a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono Raceway.
Pre-Market Movers (Pluristem, Logitech, Nokia, Facebook, American International Group, Knight Capital, ICICI, Sanofi)Pluristem Therapeutics, Logitech International, Nokia Corp, Facebook, American International Group, Knight Capital Group, ICICI Bank and Sanofi SA are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- Even before news of Apple's acquisition of fingerprint scanning company AuthenTec could take effect among technology enthusiasts, news of Apple considering another company, The Fancy, a growing e-commerce related Social Network is gathering pace.
- The past week was not kind to billionaire Mark Zuckerberg, chairman and CEO of Facebook Inc. Capping it all was word that Zuckerberg had lost his place among the 10 richest technology billionaires, at least temporarily. How can Zuckerberg climb his way back to the top?
- Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Italian comedian-turned-political activist Beppe Grillo, New Gingrich and others have been accused of buying thousands of Twitter followers. What could they get out of this new social media gambit?
- Everyone knows it is hard to make it into the Olympic Games, but it may be just as hard to stay. Sprinter Kim Collins, representing St. Kitts and Nevis, said he has been banned from competing in the men's 100-meter dash because he spent a night -- or three -- outside officially sanctioned dormitories in London's Olympic Village.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Clue Found In Server Logs; Source Indicates Testing And Production Are Underway [VIDEO, FEATURES]The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 may be drawing near, as rumors and speculations about the smartphone have been at an all-time high in the past couple of weeks. Yet another bit of evidence has surfaced, which indicates that Apple may be testing its next-generation smartphone, the iPhone 5.
- Each week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most captivating winners and losers in the world of money and business. Here are the winners and losers for July 29-Aug. 4.
- The Black Lips participated in the "kiss-in" protest at a Chick-fil-A outlet and posted a picture of themselves kissing on the band's Facebook page.
- Concern has set in for the trainer and agent of missing triple jumper Phillips Idowu of Great Britain after the track and field star hasn't been seen just four days before he is set to compete in the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Paramount Pictures’ incredibly successful “Paranormal Activity” franchise continues its domination of Halloween-time scares with “Paranormal Activity 4,” the trailer for which can be seen here. The latest news regarding the film entails Facebook and Paramount’s joint venture in “Demanding” the film be released in select cities early (via Facebook).
- For the DIY-inclined, here's how you can turn everyday London attractions into your own schedule of Olympic events.
Tiesto Tops List Of Highest Paid DJ's; Skrillex, David Guetta, Avicii And Others Round Out The Top 10 [PHOTOS]Electronic dance music DJ/producer Tiesto is officially the world's highest paid DJ, according to Forbes.com. The last two years in pop-culture have seen EDM make its successful crossover into the mainstream and so it's no surprise that the "Club Life" artist raked in a staggering $22 million in 2012. Check out Forbes' list of top 10 highest paid DJ's!
Pre-Market Movers (Linkedin, Deutsche Bank, Facebook, Banco Santander, Rosetta Genomics, Molycorp, Knight Capital, Infosys, Silvercorp)Linkedin Corp, Deutsche Bank AG, Facebook Inc, Banco Santander, Rosetta Genomics, Molycorp Inc, Infosys, Knight Capital Group and Silvercorp Metals Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- The Facebook pages of several Major League Baseball (MLB) teams were hacked Thursday afternoon with hackers posting amusing status and downright obscene messages on the wall.