A 21-year-old man suffered minor burns during a birthday party when his friends pranked him as he tried to blow off a sparkling candle. A video of the incident showed his shirt catching fire immediately after coming into contact with the flame but his friends managed to save him.

The incident took place Tuesday night at Buva Pada, Ambernath in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The friends of the youth identified as Rahul Subhash More arranged a cake-cutting ceremony for him.

The Free Press Journal referred to a now-viral video in which More and his pals are seen celebrating the former's birthday with a decorative candle placed on the cake.

As soon as they lit the candles, More's friends started breaking eggs on his head and also throwing flour at him, prompting the candle to flare up and ignite his shirt. His friends, however, managed to put out the blaze, according to Hindusthan Times.

R.K. Kote, Senior Police Inspector of Ambernath Police station, said the youth escaped unhurt with just a few burn marks on his shirt.

"Soon after knowing about the viral video we went to find out the fact of it and the birthday boy who is seen in the video on fire is at our police station. His name is Rahul Subhash More and he escaped unhurt only there is some fire spot on his shirt. Even all the friends of More also remained unhurt in the incident," Kote told Free Press Journal.

In December 2019, a British woman sustained third-degree burns after her hair caught fire while blowing out candles. As Emily Fairbrass attempted to extinguish the candle, the flame consumed her hair, spread to her neck, and then to the face and head. Fairbrass was reportedly leaning over the flame when her hair caught fire. She ran out of her home and sought the help of her neighbors, who managed to save her and take her to the hospital. Fairbrass said everything happened too quickly and that she never expected trying to blow out a small candle would result in such severe burns.

Scented Candle
Destress with the best aromatherapy candles. sonja_paetow/ Pixabay