Shiv Kumar Yadav
Policemen escort driver Shiv Kumar Yadav (3rd R in black jacket) who is accused of a rape outside a court in New Delhi on Dec. 8, 2014. Reuters/Adnan Abidi

Shiv Kumar Yadav, a driver affiliated with Uber in India who was accused of rape by a 27-year-old woman in New Delhi last week, has allegedly sexually assaulted several women over the past decade, including one who he used to call his “aunt,” local reports said Thursday. Yadav reportedly recounted his encounters without remorse and believed that women succumb to his charm, media reports said, citing police sources.

In August 2013, Yadav allegedly sexually assaulted a 46-year-old woman he used to refer to as his aunt, who later filed a complaint against him. "I am happy that he has been booked," the woman said, according to The Times of India (TOI), adding: “It was in August 2013 that I was raped at gunpoint by Shiv Kumar Yadav. Police took the matter casually and refused to lodge an FIR (First Information Report), but my husband supported me and we managed to report the case.”

He also allegedly raped two other women in his village Ramnagar, in northern Uttar Pradesh, about 140 miles from New Delhi, according to TOI. So far, the 32-year-old has been accused of sexual assault by six women, media reports said, adding that residents of his village say there may be other victims.

According to TOI, the first case against Yadav came up in 2003 when he was charged with an attempt of sexual and criminal assault, following which he was released on bail. In 2006, he was reportedly arrested for carrying illegal weapons, and in 2008, he was charged with arson, following which he was ordered by a local official to leave his village for a year. In 2009, he was again barred from his village for six more months for an unclear offense. In 2011, a case of rape and robbery was filed against him in New Delhi, but he was acquitted after seven months of arrest, TOI reported. And, in 2013, another case was filed against him for robbery and rape.

Yadav, who was arrested Sunday, has been ordered to judicial custody until Dec. 24. Meanwhile, several drivers linked to Uber protested Friday against the ban imposed on the service in the capital saying that their livelihood was getting affected, TOI reported.