Former Motörhead guitarist “Fast” Eddie Clarke, the last remaining member of the classic line-up, died Wednesday at the age of 67. The cause of death was said to be his battle with pneumonia.

“We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight – Edward Allan Clarke, or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke – passed away peacefully yesterday," a statement on Motörhead's Facebook page read. "Ted Carroll (who formed Chiswick Records) made the sad announcement via his FB page, having heard from Doug Smith that Fast Eddie passed peacefully in hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia. Fast Eddie... keep roaring, rockin’ and rollin' up there as goddamit man, your Motörfamily would expect nothing less! RIP Fast Eddie Clarke – 5th October 1950 - 10th January 2018.”

The statement also included condolences from former band members Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee.

Campbell said: "Just heard the sad news that Fast Eddie Clark has passed away. Such a shock, he will be remembered for his iconic riffs and was a true rock n roller. RIP Eddie." 

Dee said: “Oh my f------ God, this is a terrible news, the last of the three amigos. I saw Eddie not too long ago and he was in great shape. So this is a complete shock. Me and Eddie always hit it off great. I was looking forward to seeing in the U.K. this summer when we come around with the Scorps... Now Lem and Philthy can jam with Eddie again, and if you listen carefully I'm sure you'll hear them, so watch out !!! My thoughts go out to Eddie's family and close ones."

Born in Twickenham, London, in October 1950, Clarke went on to become a member of heavy metal band Motörhead; he was also a member of heavy metal band Fastway.

He was the only surviving member of the original line-up, which also included Ian Fraser Kilmister, better known as Lemmy, and Phil “Philthy Animal” Taylor.

Clarke was introduced to Lemmy by drummer Taylor in the mid-70s and he joined Motörhead soon afterwards in 1976.

The band had "Motörhead," "Overkill," "Ace of Spades," "Bomber," "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith" and "Iron Fist" albums plus a string of hit singles to their credit.

Clarke left Motörhead in 1982 when he was on tour of the United States following the release of "Iron Fist," unhappy with how that album had turned out. He went on to form Fastway with former UFO bassist Pete Way.

Kilmister died at his apartment in Los Angeles in December 2015 from prostate cancer, congestive heart failure, and cardiac arrhythmia. Lemmy's memorial service took place at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills, on Jan. 9, 2016.

Taylor died in November 2015 after an illness that caused liver failure.

At the time, Clarke said of his former bandmate: "My dear friend and brother passed away last night. He had been ill for sometime but that does not make it any easier when the time finally comes. I have known Phil since he was 21 and he was one hell of a character. Fortunately we made some fantastic music together and I have many many fond memories of our time together. Rest in Peace, Phil!"